Which Tier 6 Tank to Choose?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

m4h3aa #21 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24108 battles
considering your stats i suggest to reasrch chinese type 58 and grind it till tier10 . yu will have much more fun

Mjr_Leicht #22 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9142 battles
  • [BT_SV]

If you want to play meds there was only 1 correct answer in all the replies...

T-34-85!

Your welcome!

560273467.png

_RagingRabbit_ #23 Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16434 battles
  • [FTC-4]

In my honest opinion, and taking into account that you're a new player, I'd suggest this:

M4A3E8 Sherman > VK 28.01 > Jackson > P43 bis > Hellcat > VK 30.01.D 

M4 is a great medium tank, some turret armour, will learn you how to use ridgelines instead of going out in the open (which is a quick death for this tank). It's a good allrounder. VK 28.01 has great speed, a great gun, and great armour for a light (in fact: better armour than the VK 30.01 which has a good gun as well but is slower, worse gun depression... it's basically a worse VK 28 which is why it's sitting there at the end of the list). I played it while I was a (total) scrub and got 1200 average damage in it. Jackson combines good speed in a straight line with some workable armour, gun depression, good alpha and great DPM. You can't go wrong with this tank, the only downside is the slow turret speed. P43 bis is pretty slow but quite nimble, and has great alpha damage for tier 6. Hellcat is a Jackson for people who are great at the game. It's basically a tank that has greater potential because of the speed and camo but it's so easy to get rekt in if you make the slightest mistake. I wouldn't recommend it as one of your first tier 6 tanks. And we talked already about the VK 30.01 :)

Senturion89 #24 Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles

WOW!!!!!Thanks for the valuable responses friends. I went ahead and got the VK 30.01 to research the E50 going ahead. I kind of liked the penetration, the armor, the mobility and the turret rotation speed. Even with the stock gun, I managed to be second or third in the games. But lose credits in repair and consumables supply.

To my surprise, I also learnt that we need to pay for premium so that we can deal with the credit loss while playing in tier 6 tanks onward. Sad :( i need to play in tier 5 for so much time now. Perhaps 1 year lol

Many Thanks for the responses and when I have more money, I will immediately buy the Sherman. I have always wanted a Sherman in game even though they are Coffins on Wheels.

llo1 #25 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31293 battles
  • [1RTR]

Senturion, you don’t need premium...it is nice to have, but if you keep playing lower tier tanks (the ones with a higher return on credits) to enable you to farm enough to cove your losses, and then whilst grinding, don’t get shot too often, survive then the credits will flow. Also take all the daily chests, all the competitions that DO NOT require any cash, and don’t keep losing, after a couple of losses go and have a cup of tea and a biccie, and if that means don’t play for a few hours/ days due to RL, then you WILL get sufficient to playe higher tiers. 
Get a Löwe, play ratings (Löwe farms credits....ratings doesn’t effect wr or stats) then you will find it easier! .....other tanks also farm credits...there was a post a while ago with the credit coefficient of every tank posted by someone...that will help you decide which tanks to look out for on the offers...

DONT BUY CHESTS,

Wait for tanks to be discounted....watch Stubbo’s posts and then you will see. Do not buy newly released tanks!

Senturion89 #26 Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles

View Postllo1, on 13 February 2020 - 10:56 PM, said:

Senturion, you don’t need premium...it is nice to have, but if you keep playing lower tier tanks (the ones with a higher return on credits) to enable you to farm enough to cove your losses, and then whilst grinding, don’t get shot too often, survive then the credits will flow. Also take all the daily chests, all the competitions that DO NOT require any cash, and don’t keep losing, after a couple of losses go and have a cup of tea and a biccie, and if that means don’t play for a few hours/ days due to RL, then you WILL get sufficient to playe higher tiers. 
Get a Löwe, play ratings (Löwe farms credits....ratings doesn’t effect wr or stats) then you will find it easier! .....other tanks also farm credits...there was a post a while ago with the credit coefficient of every tank posted by someone...that will help you decide which tanks to look out for on the offers...

DONT BUY CHESTS,

Wait for tanks to be discounted....watch Stubbo’s posts and then you will see. Do not buy newly released tanks!

Okay :) Suggestion accepted. Perhaps today is not a good day for me :( Losing numerous matches. Winrate falling down 

Edited by Senturion89, 13 February 2020 - 11:40 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #27 Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33945 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostSenturion89, on 13 February 2020 - 11:40 PM, said:

Okay :) Suggestion accepted. Perhaps today is not a good day for me :( Losing numerous matches. Winrate falling down 

It happens m8, sometimes you just got a bad run, 23rd Jan I had 25% WR!  You then get in to tilt, ie you start chasing wins or get frustrated and lose then it becomes a vicious circle best thing is to focus on getting your average damage and WN8 as you're thinking and learn the maps and tanks, it takes a long time, especially if you're a bit thick and slow like me :)  I'm not suggesting you are.  Playing with someone with more experience can make a huge difference, if there's someone in you clan that might help then jump at the chance.  I'm still not very good but improved hugely from where I was after a few platoons with my clan leader - who BTW is absolutely brilliant in T-34-85 :)

Remember it's a game, have fun and don't get obsessed by your stats, that just leads to madness and crying about MM being rigged...

HF & GL!

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 14 February 2020 - 12:08 AM.

547146227.png

DumbApe #28 Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33542 battles
  • [HRG]

I agree with most of what’s been said, but recommend- if you do want to move up faster then get premium time. If you get a Lowe then you make some silver, but with premium time you make more silver and xp in every tank you play.  Also concentrate on building up the mentor skill.  This will boost every thing too. The way the economics works in Blitz is only partly about wr,  to progress at a decent pace you need to build a surplus of resources that you can use to new to not only play the game for minimal cost, but also buy the tanks you want.  By doing the missions and having a premium account you’ll have a hell of a lot more resources. You can Buy a years worth of premium in the sale for only a few k more than one gold tank like the Lowe.  Run the numbers and see for yourself - take the totals from a days play and add 50% to earnings (not costs) and you’ll see it makes sense.

oh and only use Amazon to buy ANYTHING in the game it save you a fortune 

Edited by DumbApe, 14 February 2020 - 12:40 AM.

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Just_merpug #29 Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 55087 battles
  • [AFK]
Using the free premium time certificates wisely - like on times when you have "birthdays" in tanks, every 3 months - can help boost your earnings. Also, picking up a cheap premium tank or two is useful. Even a nab like me managed to get to tier IX in 2015 with a horrible winrate, purely as free to play. And that was before all the boosters, certificates, ads etc that bolster progression these days.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

_RagingRabbit_ #30 Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16434 battles
  • [FTC-4]

View PostSenturion89, on 13 February 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

WOW!!!!!Thanks for the valuable responses friends. I went ahead and got the VK 30.01 to research the E50 going ahead. I kind of liked the penetration, the armor, the mobility and the turret rotation speed. Even with the stock gun, I managed to be second or third in the games. But lose credits in repair and consumables supply.

To my surprise, I also learnt that we need to pay for premium so that we can deal with the credit loss while playing in tier 6 tanks onward. Sad :( i need to play in tier 5 for so much time now. Perhaps 1 year lol

Many Thanks for the responses and when I have more money, I will immediately buy the Sherman. I have always wanted a Sherman in game even though they are Coffins on Wheels.

Once you get better and pull your weight, you will be able to make credits in every tier up towards tier 7 (without premium time). Some tanks have a bad credit coefficient but your earnings should cover the losses easily. 

Some tier 8 tanks can earn money (for example because they don't need premium ammo a lot) pretty reliably, but only above tier 9 it gets hard to actually earn anything, once you equip your tank with consumables/provisions and shoot some premium ammo. That's where premium time and premium tanks come into play. 

Speaking as a (experienced) scrub, I'd like to do a suggestion:

I wouldn't get the Lowe before you're used to playing in higher tiers (it earns a crazy amount though). In tier V, you might want to consider one of the cheap tech tree premiums for 2000-2500 gold (especially when they are 50 percent off). I'd recommend getting the American T14 heavy for the heavium playstyle and good DPM, or the Pz V/IV in the German medium tank if you rather have some more speed (it also fits pretty good in your aim for the German E50M, it's basically like an E50M at tier V, albeit with a pretty weak turret). It will learn you how and when to ram (and certainly when not). 

Good luck and feel free to ask anything on the forums. Most people are willing to help (some aren't but you can ignore them!). 

Seal__McClubsky #31 Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15577 battles
  • [HFORC]
It’s a shame Blitzstars doesn’t track tanks above tier 5 in your case. In that case you could have compared your performance and see if the tank fits you.

Senturion89 #32 Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles

View PostDumbApe, on 14 February 2020 - 12:38 AM, said:

I agree with most of what’s been said, but recommend- if you do want to move up faster then get premium time. If you get a Lowe then you make some silver, but with premium time you make more silver and xp in every tank you play.  Also concentrate on building up the mentor skill.  This will boost every thing too. The way the economics works in Blitz is only partly about wr,  to progress at a decent pace you need to build a surplus of resources that you can use to new to not only play the game for minimal cost, but also buy the tanks you want.  By doing the missions and having a premium account you’ll have a hell of a lot more resources. You can Buy a years worth of premium in the sale for only a few k more than one gold tank like the Lowe.  Run the numbers and see for yourself - take the totals from a days play and add 50% to earnings (not costs) and you’ll see it makes sense.

oh and only use Amazon to buy ANYTHING in the game it save you a fortune 

Okay, got it. But how can I use Amazon to buy stuff here in Game? It asks me for credit card information in game. Never asked me Amazon.:confused:

And other suggestions from respected members are truly appreciated and noted. many Thanks :) I will start my day with new hope :)

Replicant_2 #33 Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11219 battles
  • [HRG]
I second the advice on getting the Pz V/IV. Once in a while it’s on sale for just over 1000gold, save up some of the free ad gold and get one when you can.
It will consistently make you 20-30K credits per battle, more if you play it well. It was my first premium bought on sale and for a while played only the Pz and the Scavenger. Some of my best time in blitz. Don’t listen to people who say it’s bland and boring. They look at it from the wrong perspective.
Don’t rush with spending money, once you start it’s a slippery slope, there are always more things to buy. I’ve got some premium tanks that are terrible value for money in terms of money spent vs number of battles played.

Edited by Replicant_2, 14 February 2020 - 09:33 AM.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Senturion89 #34 Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles

View PostReplicant_2, on 14 February 2020 - 09:30 AM, said:

I second the advice on getting the Pz V/IV. Once in a while it’s on sale for just over 1000gold, save up some of the free ad gold and get one when you can.
It will consistently make you 20-30K credits per battle, more if you play it well. It was my first premium bought on sale and for a while played only the Pz and the Scavenger. Some of my best time in blitz. Don’t listen to people who say it’s bland and boring. They look at it from the wrong perspective.
Don’t rush with spending money, once you start it’s a slippery slope, there are always more things to buy. I’ve got some premium tanks that are terrible value for money in terms of money spent vs number of battles played.

I wont spend huge money on buying tanks. I better stick to sale. I will save the free Gold and in 20 days I will have 1K gold :) to buy some tanks.

Scavenger looks ugly ahaha... like an egg on a wheel barrow :P

Edited by Senturion89, 14 February 2020 - 10:33 AM.

Selthae #35 Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23369 battles
  • [CROKL]
And this weekend you can play realistic battles. It's a nice way to learn a tank, get the crew to 100% without killing your stats :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

laws are just structured threats made by the ruling socioeconomic class

DumbApe #36 Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33542 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostSenturion89, on 14 February 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

Okay, got it. But how can I use Amazon to buy stuff here in Game? It asks me for credit card information in game. Never asked me Amazon.:confused:

And other suggestions from respected members are truly appreciated and noted. many Thanks :) I will start my day with new hope :)

This is all thanks to the work of the fabulous Stubbo

When you play the game on your Apple or Android phone the game has to use either the Google or Apple App stores. These add a margin (30%) on top of what WG charge.  There is a third option though - Amazon.  

Amazon has its own App store independent of both Google and Apple and the market is less, usually at least 15%, which is worth having.  They also have their own App Store currency Amazon Coins. These are bought  through the Amazon App store in various set amounts from 300 through to 50,000! however they are discounted too so at the moment 2500 Amazon coins are £21.50, but are actually worth £25 in game.   This is on top of the lower prices for in game goods mentioned above.

It is completely fine to get your stuff this way and loads of us on here have saved what must be £1000's by now!

Below is a link to the start of the threads covering this ... 

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/49831-blitz-economics-save-roughly-35-on-every-in-game-purchase-not-a-scam/page__p__735151__hl__stubbo%20amazon#entry735151 

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Just_merpug #37 Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 55087 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSenturion89, on 14 February 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

If you have any android device, you can install the Amazon App store and install Blitz from there. I play on an iPad, but have the Amazon flavour on my phone. Being an old git, the idea of playing on my phone is beyond possible, so I just use it for shopping. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

jonty_2014 #38 Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 74437 battles
  • [EMRS]

The VK 28.01 is the best tier 6 medium.

Even after the nerf to gun depression, it has superb mobility, a superb gun and the armour can be very troll. Add to this light tank camo, and it’s fantastic.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

Gentleman_l8astard #39 Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11244 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostSenturion89, on 14 February 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

I wont spend huge money on buying tanks. I better stick to sale. I will save the free Gold and in 20 days I will have 1K gold :) to buy some tanks.

Scavenger looks ugly ahaha... like an egg on a wheel barrow :P

It you are looking for a premium tank to grind credits in there are a lot of good (and reasonable) tanks at tier 6 and 8 if you are willing to wait for a discounted offer to come to the store.  The Cromwell B is a superb premium tank at 6 along with the T-34-35 Victory are probably the best to look for and earn good credits with little effort.  I suggest you run at least 3-500 games in one of those tanks before thinking about getting a tier 8 premium.  At tier 8 the Löwe literally prints credits and it’s a solid tank, tho it can be boring to drive.  Other good options at tier 8 are the IS6 (a little power creeped and it as effective as it used to be) and once you reach clan supply level 10 you have the option to get the IS5 for a really good discount.  The American T34 is also a good credit earner.

Again, if I were you I’d spend a lot of time around tier 5 and 6 till you get a solid number of games under your belt and learn the finer points of the game mechanics, invest a small amount of money (or free gold from ads or the Amazon coins option) for a tier 6 Premium tank and just play the hell out of it.  

BTW going for the E50M line is a good choice,  the German Meds have good guns and nice mobility all the way to the top.  You will enjoy that line.

Selthae #40 Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:47 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23369 battles
  • [CROKL]

Don't get discouraged on higher tiers. After Tier 5, the way the game is played changes somewhat. You can no longer shrug off 4 hits and get away with it. You can no longer charge into 3 red tanks and think 2 of them won't notice you.... and you can no longer rely on the idea that people wont switch between AP/ACPR/HE/HEAT ammo in your weak spots.

Even if you know your T6+ tank by heart and drive 5 matches into purple, some nights, no matter what you do..... the red team slams you down. 

Today was one of those days for me. Drove 2 tanks into purple and then... for some reason, everything went weird and my WR for today is not even my career average. And i've been doing well above my career average the last month.

So.... things change after tier 5. Learn, adapt and show them your metal. You managed to be good from the start at Tier 1 to Tier 5. Now you need to learn a few more things and you will do wonders again.

You hit a road bump. Cross it and you will be fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

laws are just structured threats made by the ruling socioeconomic class

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users