Batchat 25t AP. Promising ends?

its pretty ok actually

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: AP Extravaganza! (2 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you like the AP?

1. Yes, I like it. (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No, I don't like it. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I haven't played it yet. (0 votes [0.00%])

Do you think the AP needs a buff of some sort?

1. Yes, I think it needs a buff. (1 vote [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No, I think it doesn't need a buff. (1 vote [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

If you were to buff the tank, what would you buff?

1. The gun - pen, reload, alpha and so on.. (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. The armor - HP, module health, actual armor, camo.. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. The mobility - effective horsepower, top speed, traverse, terrain resistance.. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Hide poll

HablmetForever #1 Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19634 battles
  • [-TXC-]

Hey guys, my name is Hab and this is the Batchat 25t AP. For the sake of length, I'm gonna just refer to it as the AP, since there's gonna be some small comparisons to the tier X Batchat. Unlike the 13 90, this is in my opinion a very good light tank. Since the ATGM storm that hit Blitz like a truck, the Batchats have only suffered, but they're still both good tanks. So how's the AP? Let's find out..

The gun. Pretty solid

Unlike the previous French lights, the 100mm on this tank is a very good gun. Some people also make arguments for using the 90mm, and fair enough, but I prefer the higher alpha. It makes a difference.

Like with all autoloaders, I use calibrated shells. That brings your AP pen to a very nice level capable of penning most tanks at the tier, but the APCR won't be enough. The pen on that is unfortunately pretty low. You're gonna really struggle with E 100s, IS-4s, VK 72s and so on, but since you're a light tank, relocating won't be much of an issue. You have a pretty decent reload and very decent gun handling overall. The only thing that's really missing is the pen...the tier X BC fixes that with almost 330 HEAT pen if you use calibrated shells. The tier X one also has a better reload, but for some odd reason the accuracy feels off...no matter. Try to minimize your exposure as much as you can, and if you're on a reload, then just don't expose yourself at all, you're not gonna be of any use like that. Don't be afraid to sink into your gold reserves if you trip upon a heavy.

Gun rating: 7.5/10

The armor. Really nothing.

The armor is the shortest part of this review...it isn't there. The tier X BC has better armor, but it doesn't make a whole lot of a difference. The AP has just about zero armor, but the modules aren't all concentrated in one place. You also got a decent amount of health, just don't get hit often. Your speed is your armor, same with your concealment..speaking of which the camo rating is actually decent. However, the mobility might feel a little weird...

Armor rating: 2/10

The mobility. Weirdly not fast?

The weirdest part is that the tier X BC has no issues with mobility. The mobility is very high overall, but for some odd reason it feels sluggish. You can reach 65kph without many issues, but the tank itself feels slow at that speed too. Don't let that deter you, however, it's still very quick and the tier X BC is just as swift. Did I also say this is the shortest tier X grind? 200k experience is all you need, apparently.

Mobility rating: 8/10

Finale. A refreshment

The AP was the kind of a tank that made me regain hope in the French tech tree. Most light tanks were weak in this line, but finally, this is a tank worth playing. The tier X BC also has some of its quirks, but it should work just fine too.

VERDICT: GET IT

This is a really good tank to play through at tier IX. It's fast, small and has a very good autoloader. I wouldn't say to keep it, but if you don't have any tier IX medium, this can be a good substitute in your garage.

TANK EFFECTIVENESS: 7.5/10

The autoloader and mobility really make this what the French lights are supposed to be. Decent pen, good reload and a good burst..combined with nice mobility. What's not to like?

FUN FACTOR: 8/10

It's fun! Speeding around and punching TDs in the face is highly entertaining. Just..don't get hit.

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30932 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Nice one!

One thing with the poll, you should add a 4th option, I don’t think it needs a buff as you have to answer the question even if you vote no buff...

Also, why do you need to dip in to gold reserves?  Just use credits to buy prammo....

I’ve not played me batchats much, only got em recently and waiting for missile storm to die down, but I love the 12t, I think it’s brilliant for it’s tier...

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 16 February 2020 - 02:00 PM.

547146227.png

HablmetForever #3 Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19634 battles
  • [-TXC-]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 16 February 2020 - 02:59 PM, said:

One thing with the poll, you should add a 4th option, I don’t think it needs a buff as you have to answer the question even if you vote no buff...

Yeah, forgot to add that, hangover kicked in. sorry :)

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 16 February 2020 - 02:59 PM, said:

Also, why do you need to dip in to gold reserves?  Just use credits to buy prammo....

I prefer to call prammo gold, got that from Sliphantom's unicum guides and I guess that stuck with me.

Also tagged with its, pretty, ok, actually

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users