#soLong

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

gulfuroth #1 Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34692 battles
  • [WTF]

Wow, it's been a blast. For the last 3 years this game has been my to-go game. Countless hours of fun, trying out new strategies, tanks, maps.

I first want to thank you all here, the people from the forums and WG for being there playing, improving, criticising and making one of the most fun games & community I've had the pleasure of joining. SPecial thanks to Stubbo66 for those tank offer analysis and advices (he's saved me a TON of money)  and some really fun toon rounds. 

But it's about time to say goodbye. I've known it for the last 2-3 months, but it took those dammed ATGMs, the P2W drift of the game and a final check of WG's greed to realise it.

As far as the game is concerned I've done pretty much everything I wanted to. I have played 352 tanks, had 280 in my garage and have all tree tanks researched, only missing some T10s due to lack of credits. In almost 35k battles I have pushed my WR from 40's up to a solid 57% and was able to have fun and do a decent job in any tank. I found most on the joy in taking new bare tanks and grinding modules and crew. Life/WOTB balance never allowed me to play tournaments so I could say the game had no more progression for me. WG, take that into account. Maybe some account reset would be an option.

I also have spent *a lot of money* and I don't regret a bit of it save for the one spent in the last 2-3 months. I like to spend money in the games I play the most and that has turned into 86 premiums including pretty much all of the most wanted ones (though many of them are from events). Sorry WG, no more cash for you from now on.

Now onto these last months. I really feel like the game is falling down into pieces. The only good, really fun time I've had as of recently was the halloween event with the uprising mode. The rest, plainly speaking has been a pain in the a**. Grinding events was specially dull. Every new tank line is more OP that the last one. High tiers are simply unbearable with the spam of premium tanks driven by noobs and broken (ATGMs) tanks. Low tiers are utter trash post 5.5. Mid tiers, which used to be trash as well were the only safe spot but still saw little play. People in my clan played less and less. Geez, even my head streamers Sk8 and Bushka have left the game!!

Then there is the P2W trend: Smasher, Wz-120, Skorpion, T-22, all these tanks have powercreeped the classic OP ones (Drac/Helsing/Type62) to a point that it's difficult to bear. Funnily enough these tanks are either not discounted over time or just come in crates over and over. They event went as far as to not offer them in the amazon app store where some people could get them a bit discounted (that was really NOT nice, WG). The only way to keep the momentum seems to make things OP. Then you break stuff and have to buff the rest (T7) or do some sanity nerfs. At some point it just seems impossible to have a "normal game". Yeah, they tried with realistic but that's a totally different game, sorry.

All this has been adding up till yesterday. I talked to a couple friends who had spent a HUGE amount of gold in the T-22. One got it, the other didn't but they both paid 2x or 3x the price of a T10 prem. And something broke inside me. I said, f-word it, I'm out of this game. I wanted to cut wires so I went down and burned all the gold I had stashed from Xmas (almost 30K gold, OFC I just got crap).

It's a pity and I'm going to miss this community as well but now that I've taken the decision I'm relieved. And that's it. Thanks again for these 3 years of fun. I really hope the best for you all and the game. See you in another games.

PS: Before I leave I'd like to give a gentle nudge to the forum moderators: please, grow up.  Why? I was given a notice for using the f-word. Nothing to comment here. Then on a later post i wrote the f-word with actual asterisks, and that granted me one week of suspension. Took some time to go through the rules and didn't see anything agains that.  Pals, I know moderating is hard -have done it for several forums- but it's even harder if you overstep and do things without sense or coherence. This last piece of advice is free and I don't give a f**k if it grants me a suspension. 

Cheers! 

Edited by gulfuroth, 17 February 2020 - 01:56 PM.

Rqh #2 Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12448 battles
  • [SMOL]

cheers it was nice to have you here :)

btw the mods here are the same highly intelligent people from discord.

Edited by Rqh, 17 February 2020 - 03:49 PM.

RicketyOldTank #3 Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7868 battles
  • [PAT-I]

I do not know you Sir, I haven't played the game as much as you have but reading this makes me feel a bit sad. You and those like you are the backbone of the game, and spending money as I do, keep the game going. But to be honest after 7500 games even I am starting to feel a bit of....je ne sais quoi....teething problems? Attrition? Combat fatigue?

And I think the root cause is the company not listening to its community. It happens often in this hobby. And no one learns from it.

But I will stick around a bit longer and see what happens.

Gentleman_l8astard #4 Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11236 battles
  • [ALBA]
Can’t say I know who you are, but that’s not really a surprise given the amount of players in Blitz.  I too was feeling the “walking shoes blues” a while back and took a long break from the game and it did me a world of good.  Since returning I have learned to let go of the ... involvement ... obsession ... rage inducing insanity... all of the above (?) part of the game and now play on my terms.  When I don’t like what is happening I log out and go do something else, when I don’t want to pay I don’t, when new things come to the game I don’t like I deal with it as bast I can and do my best to remember it’s still just a game.  If it stops being fun then I am doing something wrong.  In short: I stopped taking it so seriously and it has been worth it.  If you are gone for good, enjoy your new life without Blitz; if you are simply taking a break, enjoy your life without Blitz.

Seal__McClubsky #5 Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14659 battles
  • [HFORC]

True. This game is like Hotel California.... I checked out several times and always found myself back after a break, the longest lasting for three months. 
Like previous poster says, enjoy your Blitzless time/life.If you manage to find a suitable alternative for gaming please pop in one more time and let me know.

all the best!

PanzerPsycho68 #6 Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28121 battles
  • [PFI]

Have been playing the Game for almost four years now.

About two years ago, Blitz was getting onto my nerves.

Became increasingly irritated en frustrated when playing.

Decided to take a break and started playing in WoWS Blitz.

Nevertheless logged in everyday in WoT Blitz for Free Stuff.

Fared very well in Ships and have a solid 59% Winrate there.

Enough proof for me, that I was not a Total Noob at Gaming !

Then 5.5 happened, turning lots of my favourite Tanks into Cr@p.

Luckily WG introduced Rating Battles ; giving me the opportunity

to experiment with higher tier play in a bit better MM environment.

From all of this I started to like the Game again and learned to stay

more relaxed and less fixated on stats. My more Zen state-of-mind 

made me more patient and effective, especially in staying alive for

much longer, carrying ( more than ) my weight and even the Team.

These days I have nice & solid results in Ratings in tiers 7, 8, 9 and

(ab)used Realistic to experiment with high tier Lights, definitely my

Achilles Heel in my performance until recently. LTTB had a terrible

record, but in Realistic I managed to make it work "as advertised" !

My advice to the OP would be, to stop indefinitely and play something

else, but keeping in contact with Blitz by regularly visiting this Forum.

Then return ( or not, all up to you ! ) whenever you regain the Feeling !

Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 17 February 2020 - 06:35 PM.

Clan Leader of the Panzer-Vernichter Clan and a devoted German Tank Driver !

Debbie_Does_Dallas #7 Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65877 battles
  • [VIBES]

Unfortunately any veteran player with an ounce of ability will have exactly the same sentiment. The game is a pale shadow of its former self and each update brings more chaos. I personally have cut my playing time by about two thirds since xmas, disillusioned beyond belief with the direction the game has gone in.

But we all know wargreedy doesn't give a hoot about us, their one & only interest is getting fresh meat on board who will part with plenty of cash before becoming wise to the strategy. The wg business model is truly shocking.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Chairman_merpug #8 Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51322 battles
  • [AFK]
Must admit that I'm also becoming increasingly disillusioned. Never mind the clueless players, the eternal red fecking dots all over the UI informing me of some further piece of irrelevant dreck I need to click on increasingly irritates me. I was quite happy grinding tanks and playing a tank game. Once upon a time, I was a 48% nab, then I got better. Now, however, I have no idea what for. Every game, it's time to face the music, it's time to light the lights...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Selthae #9 Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18829 battles
  • [CROKL]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 18 February 2020 - 12:00 AM, said:

the eternal red fecking dots all over the UI informing me of some further piece of irrelevant dreck I need to click on increasingly irritates me

That almost annoys me more than missile tanks. 

Fugit555 #10 Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28608 battles
  • [49DIV]
Alas this is becoming a worrying trend I am afraid. I also found myself in that no-mans land of disillusion, sometime around November 2019, whereby the game became 'stale' - plus I had other things going on in the real world that took priority. Did I miss blitz during this time, truth be known no I didnt, not really. Oh I still played during that period, but no where near the amount I played before it and the reason wasnt anything to do with missile tanks whatsoever! I lost love for the game due to the fact that what I had anticipated in the 5.5 culling came to fruition - namely players with no clue whatsoever suddenly hitting the higher tiers and not just in premium tanks. I almost found that lost love again recently, but then I stupidly decided to play ratings and that was a mistake - matched in teams with players with less than 500 battles who simply had no idea how to play the game - this I wouldnt mind in random mode, but ratings! No wonder no one has any love for ratings, I mean whats the point? I calibrated just below platinum and then proceeded to lose 500 points with truly shocking teams and I mean truly shocking. Where is the incentive to play a mode that is meant to be a more skill based MM when you get teamed up with those languishing in the lower leagues, with hardly any battles under their belt and with very low WR's? Might has well play encounter where that is to be expected - so yep, what incentive is there for any veteran player to keep playing? Sorry to hear that you are going, dont really know you, but you have made some very well reasoned points that all should take note of.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

Mjr_Eazy #11 Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31255 battles
  • [BT_SV]

The problem is the roubles keep rolling in, if WG can get a majority of players to stick around and play 10, 20 or 30 thousand plus games and buy 86! Premiums they’ll be ecstatic...

Ratings with realistic mode could have saved the game for the veterans if they could get more players to play it, personally I would be happy if they just stuck to players in your league even if that means 5 vs 5 or hell even 2 vs 2 or 1 vs 1 it would then at least stop the stupid matches...

Also, the reaction to this post is telling, usually leavers feeling the need to post get sarky comments from us remoaners but not this 1, it feels like more people are fed up with t’game, I know I am, I may well quit but I will go quietly in to the night...

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 18 February 2020 - 06:29 AM.

547146227.png

Replicant_2 #12 Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9092 battles
  • [HRG]

Are we still talking about a game or did somebody actually die? The levels of emotional distress here are astonishing provided we’re talking about a mobile tank shooter played amongst others by kids during classes and office workers on loo breaks.

Anybody who played 30, 50 or more thousands of battles has gotten a good mileage out of the game and could benefit from regaining some control over their life.

Most importantly, whatever you do, do it on your terms, leave or stay, make it your decision, don’t rage, channel that energy towards doing sth constructive. Maybe you will pop back in after a break, maybe not, but always, always do it your way, not WG’s, not anybody else’s.

Edited by Replicant_2, 18 February 2020 - 09:38 AM.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Debbie_Does_Dallas #13 Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65877 battles
  • [VIBES]

View PostReplicant_2, on 18 February 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

Are we still talking about a game or did somebody actually die? The levels of emotional distress here are astonishing provided we’re talking about a mobile tank shooter played amongst others by kids during classes and office workers on loo breaks.

Anybody who played 30, 50 or more thousands of battles has gotten a good mileage out of the game and could benefit from regaining some control over their life.

Most importantly, whatever you do, do it on your terms, leave or stay, make it your decision, don’t rage, channel that energy towards doing sth constructive. Maybe you will pop back in after a break, maybe not, but always, always do it your way, not WG’s, not anybody else’s.

Wow

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Strummer54 #14 Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59453 battles
  • [DAD5]
Unfortunately you don't need to break the rules to receive a ban. I've had 2 12 month, and 1 perma ban for less.

Ellistiger #15 Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 42796 battles
  • [AFK]

Does anyone else find themselves just playing each day just to clear missions ? And only using one or two tanks to do it ? I have found this to be the case for the last year or so .

AFK   And proud of it ! 

Debbie_Does_Dallas #16 Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65877 battles
  • [VIBES]

View PostEllistiger, on 18 February 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

Does anyone else find themselves just playing each day just to clear missions ? And only using one or two tanks to do it ? I have found this to be the case for the last year or so .

You've nailed my day exactly, i play the missions with the necessary tanks needed then I'm done....unless im doing a tournament.

I very rarely bother with the 120 mission crate as it's the worst of the lot.

Ellistiger #17 Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 42796 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDebbie_Does_Dallas, on 18 February 2020 - 09:47 PM, said:

You've nailed my day exactly, i play the missions with the necessary tanks needed then I'm done....unless im doing a tournament.

I very rarely bother with the 120 mission crate as it's the worst of the lot.

too true . 120 mission crate is pointless . Mission system needs to change .

AFK   And proud of it ! 

llo1 #18 Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29938 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostEllistiger, on 18 February 2020 - 10:29 PM, said:

too true . 120 mission crate is pointless . Mission system needs to change .

and the totally useless avatar system!

Replicant_2 #19 Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9092 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostEllistiger, on 18 February 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

Around Xmas my 30 day battle count has increased to levels that I considered unhealthy, have taken a few days off after the New Year played a lot less after that, finally managed to get it down to about 300 and intend to keep it around there. It's a game, not a job.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Chairman_merpug #20 Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51322 battles
  • [AFK]
Been slightly less disillusioned today, playing the Type 58 to try and ace it. Not managed to, but have won lots by staying alive and spotting for the nabs. Really bad for the WN8, really good for the WR. Go figure.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users