20% free Credits

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

DumbApe #1 Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [HRG]
Just letting folks know that if you use all your silver to buy as muchAmmo many consumables as possible before the discount expires.  When the promo ends you can sell it all for the normal price netting you a nice little earner ... 

Edited by DumbApe, 24 February 2020 - 01:50 PM.

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Gentleman_l8astard #2 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11228 battles
  • [ALBA]
It doesn’t work like when you buy a tech tree tank at discount and then sell it you only get back the discounted price?  Seems very unWGinglike

Edited by Gentleman_l8astard, 23 February 2020 - 08:22 PM.

DumbApe #3 Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [HRG]
I have done this before and not had any issue 

Replicant_2 #4 Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8954 battles
  • [HRG]

confused dot com...

which tanks have a discount on ammo? I can't see it anywhere...

provisions and consumables yes but not on ammo...

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Cornish_Dyowl #5 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36585 battles
  • [AFK]

Ammo isn’t discounted.... and surely you don’t run tanks with less than full ammo load out anyway?

Best way to make credits this way is to sell your provisions & consumables at full price beforehand, and buy it back during the discounted period.  
IMO it’s hardly worth the time and monotonous clicking just to save 10% of the cost. It may say 20% discount, but most experienced players, who are in a clan, will already have a 10% discount.  I guess if you were determined, you could always leave your clan before selling to maximise profits...

Play a handful of games in a tier 8 premium instead. It’s more fun :)

Proud to be a Deputy Lead of AFK / IRMA.

Mjr_Leicht #6 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6586 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostCornish_Dyowl, on 23 February 2020 - 11:07 PM, said:

Ammo isn’t discounted.... and surely you don’t run tanks with less than full ammo load out anyway?

Best way to make credits this way is to sell your provisions & consumables at full price beforehand, and buy it back during the discounted period.  
IMO it’s hardly worth the time and monotonous clicking just to save 10% of the cost. It may say 20% discount, but most experienced players, who are in a clan, will already have a 10% discount.  I guess if you were determined, you could always leave your clan before selling to maximise profits...

I don't run full load out of ammo, many tanks have the absolute minimum you can load, in my (pointless) quest for a Fadin's medal :)
I have done the consumables/provisions sell/re-buy thing when short of credits but it is tedious...

Edited by Mjr_Leicht, 23 February 2020 - 11:14 PM.

560273467.png

DumbApe #7 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [HRG]

Hicc! This is what happens when apes are tipsy - or worse and have access to the internet.  I know I meant consumerables etc , but fat furry fingers and a couple of bottles of Rioja conspired to make me chose to type the easiest word I could before I had have a well deserved nap! 
all is good though. -  a couple of bananas have sorted me out along with an extra slice of banofi pie and another glass of wine 

or two 

well 3 actually 

and a small whiskey 

possibly a large one, but he felt lonely so I had to have a couple more just to be social... 

this is why it is cruel that give alcohol to animals we can’t handle it ... where is  peptobismol?

Edited by DumbApe, 23 February 2020 - 11:33 PM.

DumbApe #8 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [HRG]

it’s ok peeps while I have run out of Pepto, I have found another bottle of wine

Huzzah!

DumbApe #9 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [HRG]

Reset .... 

Buy stuff cheap now and sell it when full price again ... 

DumbApe #10 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [HRG]
I have scheduled the hangover to end on Wednesday ... maybe Thursday morning ... pass the Aspirin  :facepalm:

DumbApe #11 Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostCornish_Dyowl, on 23 February 2020 - 11:07 PM, said:

I do run lots of tanks without have a full Ammo load - I have a little calculation that I use to optimise the load out 

420 / RoF = Max no of shots possible... so for a tank with a 6 sec reload if you were able to fire continuously you'd get through 70 rounds... if it is a 10 sec reload then the max you can fire in the time is 42rounds 

So I take 330 then divide this by the rate of fire as I reckon for around the 90 seconds ro so you are generally not able to target anyone at the start of the game and while you might be in cover or out of position.

Very many tanks are able to carry WAY more ammo than you actually can use so why overload with more ammo than you can actually fire in the time available.   

Cornish_Dyowl #12 Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36585 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDumbApe, on 24 February 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

I do run lots of tanks without have a full Ammo load - I have a little calculation that I use to optimise the load out 

420 / RoF = Max no of shots possible... so for a tank with a 6 sec reload if you were able to fire continuously you'd get through 70 rounds... if it is a 10 sec reload then the max you can fire in the time is 42rounds 

So I take 330 then divide this by the rate of fire as I reckon for around the 90 seconds ro so you are generally not able to target anyone at the start of the game and while you might be in cover or out of position.

Very many tanks are able to carry WAY more ammo than you actually can use so why overload with more ammo than you can actually fire in the time available.   

That’s true... sorry if my initial comment sounded like a criticism.  What I was trying to say was surely you wouldn’t have that much spare ammo capacity to make it worth your while. It would be better to plan ahead and sell it all for the full price the day before the event and then but it back at the discounted rate.

DumbApe #13 Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [HRG]

It didn't sound like a criticism m8 ... but the danger with loading up with stuff before hand is that you might sell at a loss during the promotion. 

While I was still grinding the lines I had to manage silver liquidity and I realised that once your garage starts filling up you tie up a lot of silver in unplayed tanks (consumables, provisions & Camo all add up).  In just 4 tiers 6-9 it can easily tie up nearly 4m silver in these disposable resources.  20% of this is worth having (800k) especially if you are trying to keep the costs down and move up the tech tree briskly.  

I know it can be a bit of a chore to do this but on a mobile its easy peasy and super quick to do and at the end of the day its 'free' silver.   

Cornish_Dyowl #14 Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:41 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36585 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDumbApe, on 24 February 2020 - 10:30 PM, said:

...but the danger with loading up with stuff before hand is that you might sell at a loss during the promotion. 

Still hungover? ;)

Not buying before the event.... selling your stock of consumables etc before the event, at the full price, and then buying back when discounted at a profit.

DumbApe #15 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [HRG]
Oops ... I see what you mean  :facepalm:

Mjr_Eazy #16 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31114 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Lol, m8, you need to change your banana supplier the current ones are clearly deficient in the required nutrients for your ape brain to get over a hangover...

547146227.png

Gentleman_l8astard #17 Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11228 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 25 February 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

Lol, m8, you need to change your banana supplier the current ones are clearly deficient in the required nutrients for your ape brain to get over a hangover...

There was a rumor when I was younger I heard from kids who were really hard up to get high that if you smoked banana peals it was the best high you could get.  I chalked it up to the same BS as “whippets” but who knows ...

Edited by Gentleman_l8astard, 26 February 2020 - 07:37 AM.

Mjr_Eazy #18 Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31114 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostGentleman_l8astard, on 26 February 2020 - 07:37 AM, said:

There was a rumor when I was younger I heard from kids who were really hard up to get high that if you smoked banana peals it was the best high you could get.  I chalked it up to the same BS as “whippets” but who knows ...

As a Northerner and therefore born Whippet aficionado, I can confirm that smoking whippets will not get you high!

It will get you bitten and a ploating from the owner ;)

547146227.png

DumbApe #19 Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29990 battles
  • [HRG]
I am once again firing on all three knackered cylinders after an atypical craic over the weekend.  I won’t be doing that again for a long time.  I heard the same thing about banana skins and something similar mentioned about nutmeg.  Interestingly and much to my surprise it turns out that this is completely untrue. Who would have thought it.  Whippets though are categorised as class A1 drugs with a 10 year mandatory sentence for anyone in position of one. 

Gentleman_l8astard #20 Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11228 battles
  • [ALBA]

Wait, wait, wait!  You mean whippets were real!? Jesus, that can’t be healthy, wouldn’t it be easier to just huff the gas out of some random container?  Some people will do anything for a high.

/Tongue in cheek

Edited by Gentleman_l8astard, 26 February 2020 - 04:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users