Operation Onslaught

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 14 April 2020 - 01:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 1459 battles
  • [WG]

Do you hear that? We don't either. But we're telling you, this silence has a reason. Something big is about to happen. Operation "Onslaught", the first event in the game based on battle pass mechanics, will commence shortly.

Full news text

Selthae #2 Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20076 battles
  • [CROKL]

So, I'm guessing it's a 2-stream pass. One free stream (the top row) and the premium stream (the bottom 2 rows in the rewards).

So just tell us: How much will WG charge for the premium/paid pass?

RibbleStripe #3 Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:38 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 1459 battles
  • [WG]

View PostSelthae, on 14 April 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

So, I'm guessing it's a 2-stream pass. One free stream (the top row) and the premium stream (the bottom 2 rows in the rewards).

So just tell us: How much will WG charge for the premium/paid pass?

That's right.
Price and other details will be announced a bit later. 

faironero #4 Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6945 battles
  • [B_S_G]

AAAAAAAAA i hope it will cost like 10€.

Hope not 20.

666_MichaF_666 #5 Posted 14 April 2020 - 08:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9458 battles
  • [CREAM]
They are giving 2 tanks so its not going to be cheap.. maybe around 15-25$

BaronVonPewpew #6 Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22732 battles
  • [FTC-1]
What is the point of premium, enrichment 5.5 etc when just as the game is starting to settle you throw in another money making scam. Oh and please don’t tell me 5.5 wasn’t about Money, that just doesn’t wash with most of us now as we know the real purpose of that misguided farce.

Edited by VonPottypoop, 16 April 2020 - 09:27 AM.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

Mjr_Eazy #7 Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31914 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 16 April 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

What is the point of premium, enrichment 5.5 etc when just as the game is starting to settle you throw in another money making scam. Oh and please don’t tell me 5.5 wasn’t about Money, that just doesn’t wash with most of us now as we know the real purpose of that misguided farce.

Out of likes so :great:

Totally agree, all this making it easy to buy xp/coins/gold and shorten grinds proves what we said all along - 5dot5 was never easier about making the lower tiers better for newer players...

547146227.png

PrymalPayn #8 Posted 19 April 2020 - 05:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5644 battles
  • [OBYHV]
I hope it comes next week. At least I will have something to do during quarentine.

Player696969696 #9 Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3366 battles
  • [RKST]

they are following in the footsteps of  regular wot

RibbleStripe #10 Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 1459 battles
  • [WG]

View PostPlayer696969696, on 30 April 2020 - 11:13 PM, said:

they are following in the footsteps of  regular wot

In fact our battle pass mechanics is completely different. 

Acko989 #11 Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13160 battles
  • [-BRA-]
Since i started playing, this battle pass is by far best thing to buy. Good job.
And i will spam everywere to keep realistic battles as regular option with stats to count...The best thing ever! Because there ATGM's does not work like in regular...so problem solved!!! 

PCLLP #12 Posted 11 May 2020 - 01:56 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21804 battles
  • [D-D2]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 14 April 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

Do you hear that? We don't either. But we're telling you, this silence has a reason. Something big is about to happen. Operation "Onslaught", the first event in the game based on battle pass mechanics, will commence shortly.

Full news text

The general idea with battle pass is great, however the implementation of it is as of now not good. 

The players are behaving “strange” for the sake of completing missions, on several occasions I saw that although people have loaded, they’re not firing because they’re waiting for the enemy vehicle to have low enough hit points to get the kill. That’s just one example of weird behavior. 

In games like PUBG it works very well, but with the current missions it doesn’t work on Blitz, as Blitz is a more of a strategy and team work based game. It’ll help if WG creates a new set of missions or make the whole Blitz Pass be based on XP of first 10 battles per day.

Missions should support best possible play, and not, camping and not firing your gun until you see a low HP vehicle just to get a damn kill.  

The new set of missions should be missions that promote the purpose of specific vehicle classes, an example: Cause 1000 assisted damage (spot damage) in a light tank in one battle. 

This way, we won’t see camping T49s trying to make 3 kills and finish the battle with around 500 damage. People won’t hide in bushes far behind with light or medium tanks, they’ll do the spotting and play proactively as what they’re in fact supposed to do. 

All current kill missions, such as kill 3 in 1 battle or kill 6 TDs, should be replaced. 

Edited by PCLLP, 11 May 2020 - 03:28 PM.

MYTHICALG #13 Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9045 battles
  • [HANNE]
I like the battle since you get both the premium and the regular stuff (if you purchased the premium pass), I was hoping it would happen the similar thing with the Lycan and the folio and finally it happened.
Mythicalg

RibbleStripe #14 Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:46 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 1459 battles
  • [WG]

View PostPCLLP, on 11 May 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

The general idea with battle pass is great, however the implementation of it is as of now not good. 

The players are behaving “strange” for the sake of completing missions, on several occasions I saw that although people have loaded, they’re not firing because they’re waiting for the enemy vehicle to have low enough hit points to get the kill. That’s just one example of weird behavior. 

In games like PUBG it works very well, but with the current missions it doesn’t work on Blitz, as Blitz is a more of a strategy and team work based game. It’ll help if WG creates a new set of missions or make the whole Blitz Pass be based on XP of first 10 battles per day.

Missions should support best possible play, and not, camping and not firing your gun until you see a low HP vehicle just to get a damn kill.  

The new set of missions should be missions that promote the purpose of specific vehicle classes, an example: Cause 1000 assisted damage (spot damage) in a light tank in one battle. 

This way, we won’t see camping T49s trying to make 3 kills and finish the battle with around 500 damage. People won’t hide in bushes far behind with light or medium tanks, they’ll do the spotting and play proactively as what they’re in fact supposed to do. 

All current kill missions, such as kill 3 in 1 battle or kill 6 TDs, should be replaced. 

Thanks for feedback.

However no matter what missions we add some players will forget about tactics and victory. Quick example. You suggest to add missions depending on certain class roles and objectives. That's fine and reasonable. Light tanks can spot better than others and mission 'Cause 1000 assisted damage (spot damage)' looks okay. But there will be cases when instead of making a shot to low-hp enemy light tank will wait until someone else does that. Some battles will be lost because of such battle behavior. Bottom line here it's not about mission requirements. It's all about being able to sacrifice personal goal to help the team getting a victory. And i'm pretty sure players who care about victory primarily have no issues with completing missions.  

Mjr_Eazy #15 Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31914 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Totally agree RibbleStripe, if we had a get x spots missions for a light it would just result in mass yolo-cide and the team with fewest lights winning...

Also, to be fair we get this behaviour every grind type event and I just think it’s the price to pay for having events.  It’s totally worth it as I think the premium battle pass for 5 £$€¥? is great value as you get a lot of stuff for that...

:great: from me for battlepass

547146227.png

PCLLP #16 Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21804 battles
  • [D-D2]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 14 May 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

Thanks for feedback.

However no matter what missions we add some players will forget about tactics and victory. Quick example. You suggest to add missions depending on certain class roles and objectives. That's fine and reasonable. Light tanks can spot better than others and mission 'Cause 1000 assisted damage (spot damage)' looks okay. But there will be cases when instead of making a shot to low-hp enemy light tank will wait until someone else does that. Some battles will be lost because of such battle behavior. Bottom line here it's not about mission requirements. It's all about being able to sacrifice personal goal to help the team getting a victory. And i'm pretty sure players who care about victory primarily have no issues with completing missions.  

Good point regarding missions. Perhaps the best thing would be to make something based on XP of first 10 battles multiplied with WR% while platoons won’t count, that’s the only suggestion I can think about to encourage best gameplay. 

While most players like receiving free things, a lot of clan chats are filled with people nagging about noobs. For me the annoying part is getting shot while reloading while team mates right beside are waiting for me to take a shot so they can kill, which is when you begin missing friendly fire.

Just_merpug #17 Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52445 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPCLLP, on 15 May 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

Good point regarding missions. Perhaps the best thing would be to make something based on XP of first 10 battles multiplied with WR% while platoons won’t count, that’s the only suggestion I can think about to encourage best gameplay. 

While most players like receiving free things, a lot of clan chats are filled with people nagging about noobs. For me the annoying part is getting shot while reloading while team mates right beside are waiting for me to take a shot so they can kill, which is when you begin missing friendly fire.

I see a lot of that sitting around waiting to take the killshot thing. Dumb. I often manage to steal it myself from a distance, which generates "Negative" in chat from the nabs. I'm certainly not going to hang around in the same situation myself. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #18 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31914 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostJust_merpug, on 15 May 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

I see a lot of that sitting around waiting to take the killshot thing. Dumb. I often manage to steal it myself from a distance, which generates "Negative" in chat from the nabs. I'm certainly not going to hang around in the same situation myself. 

What happened?  You’re no longer the Chairman, u get furloughed and now just a regular Merpug ;)

Totally agree, just kill them, you need to get red enemy guns out of the game asap!

547146227.png

Just_merpug #19 Posted 16 May 2020 - 06:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52445 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 16 May 2020 - 01:30 AM, said:

What happened?  You’re no longer the Chairman, u get furloughed and now just a regular Merpug ;)

Totally agree, just kill them, you need to get red enemy guns out of the game asap!

I stopped being a chairman in August, kept meaning to change it, couldn't think of anything witty, gave up trying. :) 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

romsitsa #20 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51059 battles
  • [VG]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 14 May 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

Thanks for feedback.

The original missions at least required some effort, the new ones can be done by simply playing the game. You (WG) could at least reintroduce a few of the “hard” missions (ammorack, seize points, cap bases, etc.) for variety.

Or is the playerbase really unable to cope with slightly complicated tasks?

A

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users