blitzanalysiz.com new site stats

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

I_C4NT_W1N_ #41 Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47636 battles
  • [1--UK]
Wow well don't that's a massive effort ! 

Mjr_Eazy #42 Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32577 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Nice work as ever Jylpah... :medal:

The links were interesting, I know a little about cognitive bias but didn’t there were so many memory biases...

Thank you “stats nerd”, sry but that moniker from Martin D may stick...

Out of curiosity did it generate much traffic for the site featuring in his video?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ZS4d_QXiE

547146227.png

KV_007 #43 Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14652 battles
  • [ERWB]

There's nothing that I really can add to the discussion here atm, but I just felt the need to thank you out out and aloud. It has the potential of convincing even some of the .. :harp: players. (I DM'd littlefinger about blitz tools when he released his MM video..) But just to keep it short, it's thanks to you and those few who give so much to the community that really give 'the meaning of life' to Blitz, and might well be why especially the veteran players find again and again a way to have fun in the game.

Your work (as is those I haven't mentioned, you all know them who have worked thru countless nights for things we all use and love) is dearly appreciated. Cheers,

G

jylpah #44 Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22816 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostKV_007, on 10 June 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

There's nothing that I really can add to the discussion here atm, but I just felt the need to thank you out out and aloud. It has the potential of convincing even some of the .. :harp: players. (I DM'd littlefinger about blitz tools when he released his MM video..) But just to keep it short, it's thanks to you and those few who give so much to the community that really give 'the meaning of life' to Blitz, and might well be why especially the veteran players find again and again a way to have fun in the game.

Your work (as is those I haven't mentioned, you all know them who have worked thru countless nights for things we all use and love) is dearly appreciated. Cheers,

G

Thanks, deeply appreciated. Countless of very long nights, indeed :)

Blitzanalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

llo1 #45 Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30819 battles
  • [1RTR]

Jylpah, whilst I like the way you approach the complex WR study, surely wr is NOT necessarily the way to measure an actual individual tank performance.

All this will do is tell you the number of times that the chosen tank is actually within a winning team, not how that tank performs.

If you need to know if a type of tank is op, then you will have to choose something that is specific to that individual tank...so it would have to be something like damage per shot, and more specifically damage caused by a penning shot per battle...

And again for the armour you would have to chose something that was specific to that tank, something like number of shots bounced per battle.
You might get away with averages across the number of games, but again this wouldn’t be totally specific to that tank, at that time in the game.

Sorry for the comments against you great work effort.

jylpah #46 Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22816 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postllo1, on 10 June 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

Jylpah, whilst I like the way you approach the complex WR study, surely wr is NOT necessarily the way to measure an actual individual tank performance.

All this will do is tell you the number of times that the chosen tank is actually within a winning team, not how that tank performs.

If you need to know if a type of tank is op, then you will have to choose something that is specific to that individual tank...so it would have to be something like damage per shot, and more specifically damage caused by a penning shot per battle...

And again for the armour you would have to chose something that was specific to that tank, something like number of shots bounced per battle.
You might get away with averages across the number of games, but again this wouldn’t be totally specific to that tank, at that time in the game.

Sorry for the comments against you great work effort.

I have to disagree.

Think about how does your logic apply to player WR: Does player WR just tell "how many times the player as been in the winning team" as if the players have been mere passengers in the battles? I don't think that makes much sense since the game is competitive by its nature and the players are being placed randomly into teams. Over large number of battles some players can win constantly win more than others. Are they just "more often in the winning team" as lucky individuals or are they actually playing better than the others? Since the MM randomly places players into teams, the odds for certain tanks just being in the winning teams consistently more often than other tanks (despite equal player skill level), is just unimaginably low (read: "impossible" ) .

The Relative WR answers to the question "which tanks are OP?", "how well does tank X perform?".

But it does not tell why the tank is performing the way it is.

All those individual input stats and features (damage, kills, spotting, camo, alpha damage) are just individual aspects of the game play, but not alone the whole truth.  I will later add general linear regression model analysis to show how individual "input stats" impact on the results on average, but this Variable Importance Plot based on Random Forest analysis gives one an overview how much different "input stats impact" on the WR. I hope you can interpret the variable naming ("old" = cumulative, "diff" is periodic stats) .

Edited by jylpah, 10 June 2020 - 04:13 PM.

TankyMacTanker #47 Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2759 battles
Very interesting.  A ton of work.  I had to google what TL;DR meant!  I wonder if the analysis of 6.10 will show any notable differences to 6.9.

jylpah #48 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22816 battles
  • [AFK]

2020-06-18:

• Added stats for update 6.10:
  • Fixed a bug in stats filtering code that caused stats being ignored without a reason. It had minor effect on the stats.

It seems that on average Sheridan that got nerfed in 7.0 did not perform that well.

https://blitzanalysiz.com/update/6.10/tanks/10/#the-best-performing-tanks

Best oerforming tier X tanks

However, it did perform better for the better players that WG uses for balancing, but it seemed still "perfectly balanced" even for the super unicums. Just comparing it the to M48 Patton here since those are roughly equally performing tanks - on average.

I guess the reason for the Sheridan nerf was the big outcry that mixed ATGM hatred (well deserved, IMO) and Sheridan's assumed OPness. Also Sheridan has been a ridiculously popular tanks and WG prefers to maintain diversity among the tanks played. Super-popular tanks like FV183 do get nerfed more than the deserve.

Edited by jylpah, 19 June 2020 - 07:15 AM.

jylpah #49 Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22816 battles
  • [AFK]
Quick Sheridan pre-nerf analysis above :great:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users