Toxic Childish

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

ImATomatoUMU #1 Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6641 battles
  • [TSAR]

Please don't read this if you're not a person who try to control others, because i can't remember who's been toxic to me one by one.

Dear 60+% wr players, as an average player, we don't have to play the way you want, we're, especially me, not your meat shield, please shut up when you're dead because you're not giving good advices, you can't see what i'm seeing under that pressure, even a bad player can do good unless some annoying brats mess with their concentration, don't rage just because you're dead, it's most of the time your fault and you do know this, i can't throw myself into the battle while reloading, if you're not aware of what's going on please just shut up and let others do their job, you're not helping!

This is directed to 60+% wr players only because generally when i see someone raging just because people didn't became their meat shield it's these people, this game might be your whole life but for god's sake please stop being a kid, you're not always going to win, accept that, everyone has their own strategies and mine mostly based on infiltration without getting spotted, JUST PLEASE, SHUT UP, STAY DEAD, I DON'T HAVE TO SHOW MYSELF TO ENEMIES WHILE I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AND I CAN EASILY OUTSMART THEM, DON'T OPEN YOUR MOUTH WHILE OTHERS DOING THEIR JOB FOR GOD'S SAKE, i may miss due to dispersion, it happens to everyone, you don't have to be a (bad word here) about it jesus, go to a psychiatrist if you have some anger issues, being a kid won't solve it!

Edited by ImATomatoUMU, 23 May 2020 - 10:54 PM.

July ~ September 2019 had the best RNG (literally none), change my mind.

DaDerpinator #2 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:39 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4094 battles
  • [1ST]
The problem with this game is that it can be (is!) very frustrating, and frustration can easily boil over into rage. It's so easy to lose your cooI when you play well/your best, and the game is almost a certain win, only to be lost by some poor decisions by teammates. Especially when it happens time after time. Also I think the problem is that better players know what to do, and what should be done in most situations, so they get angry when others don't do it. They forget that not everyone has their knowledge and experience. Also, as you say, dead players can't see what you see on the battlefield. I get annoyed at being yelled at to charge or attack when I know if I did I would be dead because of the situation i'm in.

Edited by DaDerpinator, 22 May 2020 - 02:45 AM.

Dear Matchmaker: pls stop putting the best players on the Red team!!!

llo1 #3 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30250 battles
  • [1RTR]

Whilst I agree with the OP...I feel is isn’t just the 60%er’s that are solely the problem....

Not going into the same old reasons ( other posts have discussed this endlessly), but if the dead chat (or whatever you want to call it) is so distracting/annoying and ruining the game for you.....simply turn it off!
That is why WG eventually did something that had been requested for years......SO USE IT!

DaDerpinator #4 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4094 battles
  • [1ST]
But u cant just turn off chat for dead players, it'll be off for all players, so you'll miss instructions, comments, etc., 

Inspect_Her_Gadget #5 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 68123 battles
  • [HE-49]
It's not very fair to single out 60%+wr players, yes it happens but it also happens far more from the 'sub average' player. I lose count of the amount times I see a player aimlessly yolo into the middle of a map & get totally obliterated, then proceed to flay his/her entire team for being 'noob'. Check their stats afterwards to see he/she is sub 44%... the reasoning behind it is all too obvious, they blast out obscenities to try to hide their inability to understand the basics of the game.

Edited by Inspect_Her_Gadget, 22 May 2020 - 06:45 AM.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

I_C4NT_W1N_ #6 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46583 battles
  • [-SOF-]
I killed a 68% player from the LGN clan in his Comet and he didn't cry about it actually didn't say anything so they are not all the same.

DaDerpinator #7 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4094 battles
  • [1ST]

View PostInspect_Her_Gadget, on 22 May 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

It's not very fair to single out 60%+wr players, yes it happens but it also happens far more from the 'sub average' player. I lose count of the amount times I see a player aimlessly yolo into the middle of a map & get totally obliterated, then proceed to flay his/her entire team for being 'noob'. Check their stats afterwards to see he/she is sub 44%... the reasoning behind it is all too obvious, they blast out obscenities to try to hide their inability to understand the basics of the game.

Yes, I agree. It's certainly not just 60%+ players. And so annoying to be called a noob when you're the last player alive battling two or three reds and tying to win the game for the team. If the guy calling you a noob were better than you he wouldn't be dead! 

RicketyOldTank #8 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8331 battles
  • [PAT-I]

Agreed, there is no need to be abusive.

However.

The teams I sometimes get are very, very frustrating and the rage is unstandable. And it doesn't have to come from very good players either. When you are holding back 5 tanks alone and you get rushed, while 5 of your team takes 3 minutes to clear 1 red, you are right to get frustrated. Do you know why? They're not looking at the map. They can't read the situation. So I get killed trying to protect the rear and they are facing the wrong way still trying to take out that 1 tank 5 of them couldn't clear. I'm in the chat screaming "LOOK AT THE MAP" and the reply is "STFU NOOB".

This isn't a MENSA level puzzle. If you have 5 reds rolling up behind you, you need to react to it. The level of intellegence on display in the game is dumbfounding.

I_C4NT_W1N_ #9 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46583 battles
  • [-SOF-]
I agree with the frustration. I was 2 against 1 with another and I was low on hit points so I went in expecting support only to find out when I died that he hadn't moved and he was in a Lowe !!!

jylpah #10 Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22380 battles
  • [AFK]

I get far more abuse from 44% players who went and died early in the game. And the game is simply littered with those. But regardless of the WR, the abuse is never justified.

WG should definitely add a settings options to disable "Zombie chat". I have switched of red-chat due the constant abuse from players I happened to kill in the game, but therefore I cannot send greetings to friends in the red team. It is the dead who hurl abuse the most.

Also, I feel the skill differences in the player base are so huge that the random MM is becoming an issue itself. I played Maus yesterday. First five matches losses regardless of my decent contribution. It starts to get under the skin. Yes, I finished the evening with 60% WR with the Maus, but just getting a "bad hand" 5 times a row for starters is far from entertainment. WG should consider putting players into 2-3 "leagues" and let them battle themselves with separate stats per league.

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

Black_Wolf_Ja #11 Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10468 battles
  • [XMEN-]

View PostRicketyOldTank, on 22 May 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

Agreed, there is no need to be abusive.

However.

The teams I sometimes get are very, very frustrating and the rage is unstandable. And it doesn't have to come from very good players either. When you are holding back 5 tanks alone and you get rushed, while 5 of your team takes 3 minutes to clear 1 red, you are right to get frustrated. Do you know why? They're not looking at the map. They can't read the situation. So I get killed trying to protect the rear and they are facing the wrong way still trying to take out that 1 tank 5 of them couldn't clear. I'm in the chat screaming "LOOK AT THE MAP" and the reply is "STFU NOOB".

This isn't a MENSA level puzzle. If you have 5 reds rolling up behind you, you need to react to it. The level of intellegence on display in the game is dumbfounding.

100% my point, i can't help but rage to my teammates when i did my best to keep all the enemies in front of me busy, while the rest of my team instaed was too focused in trying to kill a bait Sheridan running around on the other side of the map.

But unlike OP said, it's not that i tell them what to do or how to play, i just tell them they are useless and they'll lose the game because of the lack of support. Seems like he never played with me, since i main heavies and most of the times I am the one that takes hits in the face.

Edited by Black_Wolf_Ja, 22 May 2020 - 08:46 AM.

E-100 is love, E-100 is life          It's me.

LanguishViking #12 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:58 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15373 battles
  • [NOR]

Here's the thing about calling other players N00B; the universal truth is that anybody who calls me a N00B has a lower winrate than me, and my overall rate is 56%. 

There are some basics to this game that anybody with 5k games should understand. Redline camping in a soviet heavy, going alone to the heavy corner in a paper td etc. all of this should be obviously bad for anybody to see. Yet people with more games played than me keep doing it. 

I_C4NT_W1N_ #13 Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46583 battles
  • [-SOF-]
There are several 40% players with 1000's of battles calling me a noob and its hard to swallow.

MarsIsBrightTonight #14 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34008 battles
  • [OBB]

View PostImATomatoUMU, on 22 May 2020 - 01:34 AM, said:

Dear 60+% wr players, as an average player, we don't have to play the way you want, we're, especially me, not your meat shield, please shut up when you're dead because you're not giving good advices, you can't see what i'm seeing under that pressure, even a bad player can do good unless some annoying brats mess with their concentration, don't rage just because you're dead, it's most of the time your fault and you do know this, i can't throw myself into the battle while reloading, if you're not aware of what's going on please just shut up and let others do their job, you're not helping!

I agree spamming "delete [edited]" doesn't help.

If, on the other hand, we're 980 points vs. 560 in supremacy and you're the last green alive and you keep bothering that full-health Maus in a one-shot Sheridan, I will assume you're either too dumb to live or willingly sabotaging the game and you can expect my language to reflect this.

Just_merpug #15 Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52445 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostLanguishViking, on 22 May 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

Here's the thing about calling other players N00B; the universal truth is that anybody who calls me a N00B has a lower winrate than me, and my overall rate is 56%. 

There are some basics to this game that anybody with 5k games should understand. Redline camping in a soviet heavy, going alone to the heavy corner in a paper td etc. all of this should be obviously bad for anybody to see. Yet people with more games played than me keep doing it. 

Had one of those in an IS-3 today. Camping at the red line on Oasis Palms, bleating about the team. Trolled him a bit, he got really arsey. "Check my WR", "I challenge you", etc... So I did, and he's padded his stats in low tier Russians, poor nab. Didn't accept his friend request or challenge, because I don't give a tinker's damn and have better things to do with my life than schooling clowns. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Winters_2014 #16 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9585 battles
  • [SPRTA]

First of all that behaviour depends to the person not the stats so point it at toxic people and not at just unicums. 

In my own experience (being a unicum) i have had many (below) avg players tell me what to do during the 5 years playing and those were often commanding me to make stupid moves. Those guys are far worse imo, thinking they know the game better than anyone else in the team while it's by far not the case. 

I myself can rage at teams (altough i nearly never do that anymore) since i see what some people don't see, but i keep that to myself since i know that they just play their game. I do like being sarcastic when it is obvious we lose or when someone does a huge throw, but i won't flame. I don't even "command" that much in games the team can still win, i rather give them info or options (like HP of unspotted tanks, last known positions etc).

Proud member of SPARTA-phalanx!!!

https://www.youtube....mEKPx_G42XzDOlg

llo1 #17 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30250 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostWinters_2014, on 22 May 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

I don't even "command" that much in games the team can still win, i rather give them info or options (like HP of unspotted tanks, last known positions etc).

I would also provide info for the teams, but I do sometimes “lose it” when a total brain dead team simply do not cap in a supremacy game, and the last minutes are when the remaining greens (up to 5 sometimes) chase a single red whilst ALL the caps sit there coloured red and the counter tends towards zero!

What WG need to bring to the game is a banner that goes across the screen 2” wide on the iPad, 6” on a PC, if the opposing team have less tanks remaining than the bases capped!

Something like “ HEY BRAINDEAD.....CAP THE BASE OR LOSE 100000000 Silver!) 

Ellistiger #18 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 43772 battles
  • [AFK]

Surely it is not beyond the wit of WG to add more options for chat 

1 . All red/green chat on

2 . All chat off 

3 . Only green chat on 

4 . Green chat on and only red chat with players in your own friends list 

5 . Only chat with players in your own friends list .

does that sound feasible ? 

Personally I have chat on cos I don’t give a toss what anyone else says or thinks .

AFK   And proud of it ! 

TankyMacTanker #19 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2540 battles

It doesn't matter why you lost, sending insults to other players is just wrong, in my opinion.  The trouble is, none of the WG games are team games, really, especially in public battles.  The successful cooperation that does occur usually arises from one of the following:

1. the team following a template strategy (e.g. heavies one side and mediums another) and it just happens to work (this time);
  2. a recognition of the tactics being adopted by others and then undertaking a complementary set of actions in response (experience is required to do this);
  3. assuming a player who makes an initial call is skilled and knows what they are doing, and then following their lead just happens to give a win (this time);
  4. a necessarily simple strategy that people have managed to agree in the first few seconds of the game (and I don't just mean the "All left / right" or "Hill" type) but I think this is very rare; or
  5. just pure luck (e.g. the uncoordinated searching and shooting happens to be enough to win the game).

I have often wondered how different the game would be if each player selected a particular role (from a list) and then the teams would be made up of a mix of those roles (and the tanks would follow the roles).  The points (credits etc) would be awarded for how well a player met the requirements of the selected role.  That would provide a structure for a team game and perhaps encourage more cooperation.  You might say the selected tank dictates or influences a player's role but this is clearly not the case in practice, so why leave it to chance.

minitelrose #20 Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 78340 battles
  • [AFK]
I’m going to  drop a wall of text here.

Edited by minitelrose, 23 May 2020 - 01:28 AM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Also tagged with Toxic, Childish

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users