A suggestion for helping newer players

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

josh33841 #1 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16369 battles
As many would agree the tutorial cannot teach a person to play blitz at a decent level it is a bare bones kind of ordeal. The tutorial cannot be made longer or else WG would lose new players not bothered to spend hours learning a game they havent even played yet. So I have a suggestion, make new players aware of the WOTB community on youtube. Now I know it is anecdotal but for my first 5,000 battles I had no clue about the youtube community whatsoever. It was only by chance I searched it and found bushka and co. Immediately after watching for a while I realised "hey wait i can actually angle my churchill tank whaaaaaat?". Long story short my winrate went up maybe 6% within  a 1,000 or less battles. I believe youtube is a great untapped resource for new players,I just  believe they for the most part are unaware of its  existence, so I think that youtubers such as MARTIN DOGGER , SK8XTRM and BUSHKA ( baguette boy probably to controversial for WG to support and take liabilty for) should be reccomend in the form of pop ups like that of offers and sales. Let me know what you think

reekoiler #2 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 50966 battles
  • [FTC-1]

And Meadsy. Who’s baguette boy?

I knew about YT long before I started watching. I am by far the game’s slowest learner though so maybe others would plunge in & benefit from the off.

erwin10001 #3 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 332 battles

The disadvantage with Euro server's sub-5k game MM is that beginners do not get to see how to play this game properly. Its all just a camp fest. MT, LT, HT, hardly move from spawn. Moment reds are spotted, stop moving wherever you are and start firing, even if you are in the open. 

The classic example is Mines. When I played my first 5k games without the preferential MM, I could see how the good players fought on the hill in Mines and learnt from them. With sub-5k MM, there is no one to learn from.

Of course, with the sub-5k MM campfest on Euro server, it makes for relaxing, slow paced games which is great, since I'm getting 200-300ms ping....

565928265.png

Titus_Scato #4 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42158 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postjosh33841, on 30 June 2020 - 02:19 AM, said:

As many would agree the tutorial cannot teach a person to play blitz at a decent level it is a bare bones kind of ordeal. The tutorial cannot be made longer or else WG would lose new players not bothered to spend hours learning a game they havent even played yet. 

Hours?  Hours???

The new kids aren't even prepared to spend minutes learning the game, let alone hours.... 

josh33841 #5 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16369 battles
Oh baguette boy is everyone's favourite frog pantoufleee. And Titus that's the point . It sounds odd no one really wants to spend any time 'learning' that's why I see youtube as a gateway. When you watch a youtuber you dont feel like your learning at all your just watching a guy drive a tank and use certain spots and wiggle and angle. Subconsciously you'll think man I could do that and bam you've learnt something a d become a better player. Dont get me wrong it takes hours to learn to the extent that I or any experienced player has (I've got 16kbattles) but I'm not suggesting they learn in bulk. For example, the first video I watched of blitz was how to side scrape by bushka. Just that one little single tip boosted my winrate from 46 to 48 in matter of no time

josh33841 #6 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16369 battles
Yeah for me personally if a person can get and avg of of say 300 avg dmg per tier from tier 1-3 then yeh they should be put into +5k because they're either rerolls or just naturally talented 

jonty_2014 #7 Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73254 battles
  • [EMRS]

To be fair, anything you want to learn more about, there’s a YT video.  All but the most clueless, 10-thumbed throwbacks can search Blitz on YT, and the algorithm will throw up plenty of informative videos.  

This is a mobile game and casual players would be put off by too many instructive and didactic tutorials.  Some players think they know best, others simply can’t be bothered to learn.

I’m sure WG could put more guides up - but I’m not convinced the take up would be great or that everyone who saw them would take the advice on board.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

Selthae #8 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21985 battles
  • [CROKL]

View Postjonty_2014, on 30 June 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

To be fair, anything you want to learn more about, there’s a YT video.  All but the most clueless, 10-thumbed throwbacks can search Blitz on YT, and the algorithm will throw up plenty of informative videos.  

This is a mobile game and casual players would be put off by too many instructive and didactic tutorials.  Some players think they know best, others simply can’t be bothered to learn.

I’m sure WG could put more guides up - but I’m not convinced the take up would be great or that everyone who saw them would take the advice on board.

Heh, ever since the Normandy guide WG release I now see someone take the beach route nearly every match. Before that guide it was maybe 10 to 25%.

gallabru #9 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18101 battles
  • [LAGER]

Following what was said above and elsewhere, I think that wotb suffers from being an online game (I can not say which category it enters MOBA, battle royale, PVP...) with very elaborate mechanisms and strategies (and even rendering) but proposed on mobile phones, where most players just want to spend 5 mins here and there and maybe fill there garage with shinny things.

Us, passionate players, can only be disappointed by the playerbase.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

Just_merpug #10 Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 53507 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSelthae, on 30 June 2020 - 12:27 PM, said:

Heh, ever since the Normandy guide WG release I now see someone take the beach route nearly every match. Before that guide it was maybe 10 to 25%.

Is that why. Jeez. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

tolgayasar99 #11 Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8255 battles
why help new players if u can call them noob ,bot , idiot etc

Mjr_Eazy #12 Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32680 battles
  • [BT_SV]

You may want to help them learn but they have to want to learn...

It’s been like this ever since I started and before that from what others have said...

They don’t want to learn, there’s been several things tried here - training clans, academy, mentoring, none worked, you can’t force ‘em to learn...

It’s people fundamentally that are the problem.

547146227.png

TankyMacTanker #13 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2800 battles

View Posterwin10001, on 30 June 2020 - 03:54 AM, said:

The disadvantage with Euro server's sub-5k game MM is that beginners do not get to see how to play this game properly. Its all just a camp fest. MT, LT, HT, hardly move from spawn. Moment reds are spotted, stop moving wherever you are and start firing, even if you are in the open. 

The classic example is Mines. When I played my first 5k games without the preferential MM, I could see how the good players fought on the hill in Mines and learnt from them. With sub-5k MM, there is no one to learn from.

Of course, with the sub-5k MM campfest on Euro server, it makes for relaxing, slow paced games which is great, since I'm getting 200-300ms ping....

I think you must have been playing different games to the ones I encounter.  In my experience, it's usually wham, bam, thank-you m'aam as fast tanks rush in and try to blat everything in sight before anyone notices they are there.  Meanwhile the heavies try to muscle up to each other, repeatedly kicking each other in the crotch (by which I mean the lower plate) and the TDs try to get a few shots in from the sidelines before being wiped out, usually by CoDs or because of having paper thin armour and nowhere to hide.  It feels more and more like a riot or post pub punch-up than a tactically driven battle.  All that seems to be lacking is a few tanks rushing around saying "Leave it!  He ain't worth it!".

Mjr_Eazy #14 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32680 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostTankyMacTanker, on 01 July 2020 - 10:00 PM, said:

It feels more and more like a riot or post pub punch-up than a tactically driven battle.  All that seems to be lacking is a few tanks rushing around saying "Leave it!  He ain't worth it!".

Are ye tarking 2 wor pint?

Reet, u in the carpark nooo....

547146227.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users