French heavies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Thekingoftheworldoftanks #1 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1490 battles
  • [HRG]

Any tips and tricks for the French heavies?

Ive planned to grind them and so far I've got till the B1. They seem like lights in respect to your but speed is medium like.

So please don't tell that this is a challenging line to play and all that. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

PaulParker02 #2 Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2761 battles
  • [LAGER]

Idk anything about the french tech tree up to the B1. The B1 has a very bad gun but quite good armour. The best you can do is to try to go with your team and use your high rate of fire to harras the enemy. Also, use your thick armour to soak up damage and save your team.

Once you have grinded past the B1 (i recommend using free xp), you will be rewarded with the BDR G1 B. This thing is my favourite tank of tier V. It has great armour and firepower, so its pretty forgiving for beginners.

Try taking the BDR (and also the B1) to the front lines. The BDR is great at sidescraping and will bounce a ton of shots.

After that, the french heavy line looses its amazing armour for at least 2 tiers, but the ARL 44 also has an amazing gun which is a fun reward for grinding tanks like the B1.

The_noble_Prinz #3 Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11621 battles
  • [VALKA]
 The ARL 44 has a great frontal armour it'll give medium tanks a run for their money and some low tier/ same tier heavies as well. After the ARL is the AMX M4 45 is good has a great frontal hull armour and doesn't deviate much from the ARL 44 play style but when you reach the AMX 50 100 you loose some frontal hull armour for better mobility this is when you should switch to running with the mediums instead of the heavies as you can at least bounce some mediums. I find that all the way to the 50B the high tier French heavies are great at assisting your mediums instead of fighting other heavies head on even though the 50B has great frontal armour the turret is butter and other heavies will shoot it instead of the hull. 

"Then, it's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL 

Survived two years of Blitz.  

Thekingoftheworldoftanks #4 Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1490 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostPaulParker02, on 03 July 2020 - 07:38 PM, said:

Idk anything about the french tech tree up to the B1. The B1 has a very bad gun but quite good armour. The best you can do is to try to go with your team and use your high rate of fire to harras the enemy. Also, use your thick armour to soak up damage and save your team.

Once you have grinded past the B1 (i recommend using free xp), you will be rewarded with the BDR G1 B. This thing is my favourite tank of tier V. It has great armour and firepower, so its pretty forgiving for beginners.

Try taking the BDR (and also the B1) to the front lines. The BDR is great at sidescraping and will bounce a ton of shots.

After that, the french heavy line looses its amazing armour for at least 2 tiers, but the ARL 44 also has an amazing gun which is a fun reward for grinding tanks like the B1.

The b1 is EPIC!!  It can bounce literally anything you throw at it( only if angled correctly during sidescraping) 2.5k damage blocked in a tier 4 game? Only an OP tank can do that! Anyway, the bdr has a bad cupola and it's very high. Not a tank for newbies I'd say. Newbies go to the kv1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users