Wolverine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Grampasaurus1 #1 Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6084 battles
  • [-GB-]
Cant keep up with the pack when they all decide to run around the field. Cant penetrate a paper bag... this is supposed to be a TD? I mean, the whole point is penetration - granted the armour is paper thin but it's proving an impossible grind - Is the American TD line worth it as I'm about to give up on it.

The_noble_Prinz #2 Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11613 battles
  • [VALKA]

Play it like a traditional TD and seek out sniping positions or ridge lines where you can use the gun depression. The top gun should work against most T5 and T6 tanks that aren't the T1 heavy, ARL 44 or the Vk 36.01 H and it definitely will pen T4 tanks with ease. Best thing to do is try and conserve HP so you can start the be aggressive during late game where the enemy should be low on HP. Even if it has a turret it should not be front lining hell even second lining in this tank can be fatal since the armour is paper and will not stop any pens unless they hit the mantlet or if the upper plate is angled so much that it is an auto bounce.

The M 36 Jackson is a slightly up armoured M10 but it gets the 90mm which is an fantastic gun while the play style remains the same with you sniping or using ridges. 

M18 Hellcat has no armour apart from the gun mantlet on the top turret but it is blisteringly mobile and can carry the same 90mm as the M 36. Shoot and scoot is what this tank does best so try and not sit in one spot for too long but remember just because you tank can go fast doesn't mean you should go that fast.

Personally I found the M 10 to be meh and the M 36 great but I didn't like it I preferred the M 18 Hellcat for it's mobility plus why get the Jackson when you can go like hell while using the same gun sure you might live longer in the Jackson but the armour is only a slight improvement over the M 10.   

"Then, it's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL 

Survived two years of Blitz.  

Thekingoftheworldoftanks #3 Posted 14 July 2020 - 06:08 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1487 battles
  • [HRG]
The Wolverine actually has a bit of armour. If you sidescrape at a steep angle, you can bounce most tier 5 rounds.
Anyway, while it's penetration isn't good, it's not bad. It should be sufficient to penetrate all tier 5s frontally and most tier 6 tanks. Provided they don't go hulldown or sidescrape.
The Wolverine is mobile and has a good camo rating so you should install a camo net and play it like a mobile sniper.
The Wolverine has an added advantage over other tds as it has a fully traversible turret. If you don't like a .ovule sniper gameplay, go with the mediums and play like a medium. It's different from a medium only because it has better pen and a good dpm.
I hope this helps.

Grampasaurus1 #4 Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6084 battles
  • [-GB-]

I hear you - but the Wolverine - it's soul destroying to play, I have grinded many lines, but how anyone got past the Wolverine to the Hellcat or Jackon is just beyond me - it's totally under powered for a Tier 5 TD. In fact, I think it's the worst TD at Tier 5 in the game. Certainly worse than the German and Russian lines. Maybe I need to walk away for a while - I find the whole game frustrating. Every time I have a good game, we lose... https://puu.sh/G6VOM/a7cbe464b9.png

Edited by Grampasaurus1, 14 July 2020 - 08:36 AM.

Thekingoftheworldoftanks #5 Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1487 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostGrampasaurus1, on 14 July 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

I hear you - but the Wolverine - it's soul destroying to play, I have grinded many lines, but how anyone got past the Wolverine to the Hellcat or Jackon is just beyond me - it's totally under powered for a Tier 5 TD. In fact, I think it's the worst TD at Tier 5 in the game. Certainly worse than the German and Russian lines. 

True. It's a tough tank to play. But certainly not the worst. Imo, the bathtub is the worst. Anyway, stop thinking of it as a td. Its more like a medium. If you. Compare it to other mediums, it's not too bad. In fact, it's quite good.

It's like the hellcat which is more like a light tank than a td or the amx40 which is a heavy not a light. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users