WoT Blitz pay to win

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: P2w? (12 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 10 battle in order to participate this poll.

Is blitz pay to win

1. Yes (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

2. No (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Don't care (1 vote [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Hide poll

cubanski_1 #1 Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5659 battles
  • [DERPZ]

Now so many tanks, even tier 10, are available if you spend irl money, do you think it is having a detrimental affect on the game and the community.

Edited by cubanski_1, 06 August 2020 - 02:09 AM.

Muhammad_Zaib #2 Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 1349 battles
  • [THTJE]
Why doesn't anyone find another subject to talk on in the forums. Stop these pay to win etc. talks and Discuss Strategies etc.

If you think I am your friend now, you're wrong ... I am still your enemy.

Thekingoftheworldoftanks #3 Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1490 battles
  • [HRG]
I'm never pay money and I'm doing just fine.
P2W and pay to progress faster are different things
Paying only lets you move up the tech tree faster and sometimes fetches you op tanks.

O_o__O_o__O_o #4 Posted 07 August 2020 - 11:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 48886 battles
  • [AFK]

while they are some OP tanks which come for money in store the game is still a lot skill based even the most OP tank cant perform well if you are newbie

also with the amount of gold you get from ads you can get 2-3 tier 8 tanks per year

you get a lot of free xp and stuff from events also and maybe even free tank

cubanski_1 #5 Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5659 battles
  • [DERPZ]

Very fair comments. Especially the one about pay to progress faster.

I think maybe what I meant is that is Blitz having so many premium and collector tanks in store a sign that we are heading for the pay to win scenario? 

Thekingoftheworldoftanks #6 Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1490 battles
  • [HRG]

View Postcubanski_1, on 12 August 2020 - 09:10 PM, said:

Very fair comments. Especially the one about pay to progress faster.

I think maybe what I meant is that is Blitz having so many premium and collector tanks in store a sign that we are heading for the pay to win scenario? 

If you define pay to win as a game with a lot of premium things and paid goods, you'll have trouble finding a free to play game.

Game companies earn through in app purchases or ads.

I'd prefer in app purchases over ads every time.

It's a trade off. You either get ads or you have to put up with in app purchases that allow paying players to gain an edge over non paying players.

But if you are a good player, op tanks shouldn't be a problem. And if you aren't a good player, you shouldn't complain about op tanks and P2W instead, you should try and improve so that you don't find a need to complain about that.

LOCOnoMOTIFF #7 Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 52971 battles
  • [MGDTH]
People who pay to WG support brutal Lukashenko’s regime. I deleted this game on the eve of the falsified elections and don’t mind. Wg should not exist in the current form. Живе Беларусь!!!! Сябры прорвитесь!!!! I wish victory and freedom to all people from Belarus and justice to all Lukashenko’s stray dogs.

Battousai1000 #8 Posted 29 August 2020 - 10:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4752 battles
  • [VMR0]

For regular play, no its not pay to win.  You can grind tech tree using the free giveaways just fine.  For the first 10k battles or so, you will have preferential MM and will be matched against other newbies(ie if you educate yourself on gameplay, you will have an enormous advantage).  Once you get to higher tiers, the problem becomes credit grinding-tech tree tanks just do not make much in terms of credits(especially if you are running full consumables/provisions).  If you don't pick up a free premium tank from one of the biweekly/weekly box drops, you're going to suffer.  Another alternative is to win one from an event(though these have also become very pay-to-win(nish).  

For tournament play in tier 6: Can be done free as this tier is dominated by the tech tree ARL-44, KV1S, VK 36.01H, VK 28.01.

For tournament play in tier 8: Absolutely pay to win.  Having several Obj 252u's and WZ-120's enormously raises your chances of advancing and winning rounds, even when matched against better teams.  Very broken.

For tournament play in tier 10: Becoming more pay to win.  While the tech-tree IS4, T110E5, Foch can all be used; there is a definite advantage to be had from a team including the premium Badger, T-22, and now the 121B.  

The current meta is tipped in favor of heavies(especially tier 10), so if you're new grind a good heavy line(IS4, E100).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users