“Huh ... That was different ...”

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Knickerson #1 Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36127 battles
  • [ICN]

Ammorack caused by engine fire. First time for me. Ever happened to you?

Sound trumpets! Let our colours wave!
And either victory, or else a grave.

William Shakespeare
Henry VI Part 3 – Act 2, scene 2

llo1 #2 Posted 09 August 2020 - 08:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31293 battles
  • [1RTR]
Nice! Never seen that....my first one Seen as well........well done!

Pururut #3 Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23848 battles
  • [1RTR_]

That raised an eye brow as I have never seen that happen or experienced it myself. It does make sense though; Superpershing by the hill causes 222 damage and SU-101 at the back plants an AP shell to T-44s mantlet... it might as well have been T-49s HE splash but I find that unlikely as that would have also caused module damage to the crew, gun barrel, view ports and possibly tracks. Either way the second shot by SU-101 or T-49 seems to have lowered ammo racks module health low enough for the engine fire caused by Knickies disabling shot to the engine module to finish off the racks remaining hit points. 

I am interested; does different ammo rack modules in a single tank share hp and does fire damage modules and crew alike or affect modules/crew in its close vicinity be it engine or fuel tank that was ignited.

Is it possible to see the penetration markings on the T-44 in a replay? 

I desire Astolfo to serve me mulled, spiced and fruit infused wine as a four dish course in a bunny girl outfit with the main dish being him and his beautiful body. 

Muhammad_Zaib #4 Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:22 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 908 battles
  • [-GSG-]
It has not happened to me but I once did this in a battle on Black Goldville. I set a full health T-34 on fire. The HitPoints of the T-34 decreased because of the fire and when its health reached zero, its ammo rack exploded! I later destroyed 3 more tanks and got 1st class Mastery. I never got Ace Mastery Badge.

If you think I am your friend now, you're wrong ... I am still your enemy.

Knickerson #5 Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36127 battles
  • [ICN]

View PostPururut, on 10 August 2020 - 01:43 AM, said:

That raised an eye brow as I have never seen that happen or experienced it myself. It does make sense though; Superpershing by the hill causes 222 damage and SU-101 at the back plants an AP shell to T-44s mantlet... it might as well have been T-49s HE splash but I find that unlikely as that would have also caused module damage to the crew, gun barrel, view ports and possibly tracks. Either way the second shot by SU-101 or T-49 seems to have lowered ammo racks module health low enough for the engine fire caused by Knickies disabling shot to the engine module to finish off the racks remaining hit points. 

I am interested; does different ammo rack modules in a single tank share hp and does fire damage modules and crew alike or affect modules/crew in its close vicinity be it engine or fuel tank that was ignited.

Is it possible to see the penetration markings on the T-44 in a replay? 

Nice analysis, Pururut. The second shot was the SU-101. Here’s the replay on map inspector:

https://wotinspector.com/replays/view/a0a8d5cd6e5a3ffc3fa198b2bc7b8a03

First our T24E6 hits the T-44 on the upper edge of the lower glacis.

Then our SU-101 pierces its frontal armor, weakening its ammorack.

Finally, my AP shot damages tracks and hits the engine block, starting a fire and draining hp.

With 404 hp remaining, T-44’s weakened ammorack blows.

That’s a nice bit of detail, if you ask me—that one damaged module can be affected by another damaged module.

Edited by Knickerson, 10 August 2020 - 06:43 AM.

Sound trumpets! Let our colours wave!
And either victory, or else a grave.

William Shakespeare
Henry VI Part 3 – Act 2, scene 2

Mjr_Eazy #6 Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33945 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Nice analysis, I’ve never seen it and as you say it’s a nice bit of detail in how the damage works...

547146227.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users