New to Blitz

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Gixxer66 #1 Posted 17 November 2020 - 12:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 644 battles

Hi

Been playing WoT since 2013 ( on and off ) decided to give Blitz another go after playing 10 games a while back !

I have a few questions - yes I know Google might be my friend, but I'm asking anyway.

Crew skills - are these a thing? Not found anything in the interface yet.

I'm really missing the View Range and a max draw distance circles on that come on the "full" version  of the mini map - any mods available that have these?

Are the bush camo mechanics the same between the 2 versions?

Any suggested Premium Tanks - looking for a reasonable credit maker. Any tier.

There are probably more questions but they will do for a start.

Edited by Gixxer66, 17 November 2020 - 12:45 PM.

O_o__O_o__O_o #2 Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51764 battles
  • [AFK]
crew skills are easy here you u basically train 1crew for all tanks
those appear after tier 5-6
there is a modpack with all pc sounds and voices which also includes spotting circle

same camo mechanics

tier 8 is where you grind credits
easiest tank to get is IS5 just 1500gold
black friday is coming soon and you can get type62,m4 rev. for sure + two other tanks
type62 its fun to play not good enough for credits but you will still earn some

Gixxer66 #3 Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 644 battles

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 17 November 2020 - 05:30 PM, said:

crew skills are easy here you u basically train 1crew for all tanks
those appear after tier 5-6
there is a modpack with all pc sounds and voices which also includes spotting circle

same camo mechanics

tier 8 is where you grind credits
easiest tank to get is IS5 just 1500gold
black friday is coming soon and you can get type62,m4 rev. for sure + two other tanks
type62 its fun to play not good enough for credits but you will still earn some

Thanks for the reply.

Never fancied the Rev 4 on PC, have a Type 62 ( PC ), which I'm massively inconsistent in, so will probably avoid tbh.

Having fun atm "Seal Clubbing" my way through the T-34 / KV-1. Brought a Krupp-38(D) which I really like.

O_o__O_o__O_o #4 Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51764 battles
  • [AFK]

keep in mind this is much more fast paced than pc version

so i think you will like type 62 here :)

also not 100% sure but looks like its going to be event to grind stuff and get it for "free"

well we will see soon :)

Just_merpug #5 Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58087 battles
  • [AFK]
View circles are fairly pointless on the size of map we have. Wotinspector.com has a neat feature whereby you can check spotting ranges, though.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Thekingoftheworldoftanks #6 Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2097 battles
  • [HRG]
View circles not needed in blitz.
For credit grinders, the lowe is probably the best. The chi nu kai and angry Connor also make good credits(might be higher than the lowe...idk)
Crew skills are viewed by clicking the crew button on the garage screen. They carry over to other tanks too.

Gixxer66 #7 Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 644 battles

View PostThekingoftheworldoftanks, on 18 November 2020 - 05:01 AM, said:

Crew skills are viewed by clicking the crew button on the garage screen. They carry over to other tanks too.

Once I'd unlocked my first Tier 6, I got the crew skills button, or maybe I'd just noticed after it was unlocked ..... who knows.

Thanks to all for taking the time to reply.

Just need to work on gitting gud now .....

Mjr_Eazy #8 Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36647 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostGixxer66, on 18 November 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

Once I'd unlocked my first Tier 6, I got the crew skills button, or maybe I'd just noticed after it was unlocked ..... who knows.

Thanks to all for taking the time to reply.

Just need to work on gitting gud now .....

Hy!  Welcome to WoT Bots...

Crew skills unlocks at tier vi, they do help so worth grinding...

I don’t play WoT Please Camp but others have said before skills are transferable to an extent, the speed of the games and size of the maps are key differences from what I saw when I tried (and hated WoT PC), watch out for the differences in the tanks too...

I’m sure you’ll git gud quick if you’re any good on WoT Please Camp just don’t camp too much here pls ;)

547146227.png

TankyMacTanker #9 Posted 19 November 2020 - 10:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5225 battles
  • [BT_SV]

As has been said, key differences I see are the games are faster (I am guessing that 4-5 mins is the average length), the maps are smaller, there are fewer tanks in the tech tree, there is only 1 crew.  Two other key differences I think that exist are the experiences of TDs and LTs.

The technique used by many TD players in WOT PC (@Mjr_Eazy not seen the Please Camp expansion before!) is to camp and wait to snipe in the security of being very hard to spot.  In WOTB, they must assume they will be spotted quickly, most of the time, and act accordingly.  They can do big damage but some TDs are more suited to the nature of WOTB than others.  There were improvements made to several TDs in the latest release.

i think the emphasis on LTs in WOT PC is to find and spot the enemy for your team, perhaps getting the occasional opportunistic shot in.  In WOTB, everyone with some experience knows where the enemy will be.  The only question is whether the reds have all gone left or right, or split.  So that seems to diminish the role of LTs.  But, LTs can be a much more effective direct engagement weapon than in WOT PC, in effect booming and zooming the reds.  In the right hands they can be monsters.

Having said all that, you should moderate this with two facts: I am a noob and I am not a good LT player in WOTB!

Falling down? No, just passing quickly into an area of slower time.

Thekingoftheworldoftanks #10 Posted 19 November 2020 - 12:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2097 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostTankyMacTanker, on 19 November 2020 - 10:51 AM, said:

As has been said, key differences I see are the games are faster (I am guessing that 4-5 mins is the average length), the maps are smaller, there are fewer tanks in the tech tree, there is only 1 crew.  Two other key differences I think that exist are the experiences of TDs and LTs.

The technique used by many TD players in WOT PC (@Mjr_Eazy not seen the Please Camp expansion before!) is to camp and wait to snipe in the security of being very hard to spot.  In WOTB, they must assume they will be spotted quickly, most of the time, and act accordingly.  They can do big damage but some TDs are more suited to the nature of WOTB than others.  There were improvements made to several TDs in the latest release.

i think the emphasis on LTs in WOT PC is to find and spot the enemy for your team, perhaps getting the occasional opportunistic shot in.  In WOTB, everyone with some experience knows where the enemy will be.  The only question is whether the reds have all gone left or right, or split.  So that seems to diminish the role of LTs.  But, LTs can be a much more effective direct engagement weapon than in WOT PC, in effect booming and zooming the reds.  In the right hands they can be monsters.

Having said all that, you should moderate this with two facts: I am a noob and I am not a good LT player in WOTB!

Imo light tanks assume 2 main roles in blitz

1. Telling the team at the start of the battle where the enemy team has gone(so that the rest of the tanks know wether they should push or not)

And 2. To play as sneaky damage causers that irritate the enemy team(this doesn't mean that they don't do a lot of damage)

Gixxer66 #11 Posted 19 November 2020 - 06:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 644 battles

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 19 November 2020 - 07:49 AM, sai

I don’t play WoT Please Camp but others have said before skills are transferable to an extent, the speed of the games and size of the maps are key differences from what I saw when I tried (and hated WoT PC), watch out for the differences in the tanks too...

Map knowledge is my main issue - but that I hope will come with time, Most of my ( lack of ) skills has transferred, made easier by the game telling you where you pen, without having to study tanks.gg everytime you see a tank for the first time

Mjr_Eazy #12 Posted 20 November 2020 - 08:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36647 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostGixxer66, on 19 November 2020 - 06:46 PM, said:

Map knowledge is my main issue - but that I hope will come with time, Most of my ( lack of ) skills has transferred, made easier by the game telling you where you pen, without having to study tanks.gg everytime you see a tank for the first time

The heatmaps on wotinspector.com are very good as show the most used routes...

There’s a topic with stuff about maps that might help...

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/54087-wg-map-guides/

Also, one about spotting mechanics...

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/47868-spotting-mechanisms-of-wotb-a-paper-by-frodo-nifinger-updated-list-13-2019/

And a list of maps by tier...

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/54258-what-maps-are-available-for-each-tier/

547146227.png

Dontshootmeimnoob #13 Posted 21 November 2020 - 10:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4975 battles
  • [CVD]
Best credit maker probably would be Lowe.... Makes around 80k per game,,, at least for me

O_o__O_o__O_o #14 Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51764 battles
  • [AFK]

my best earners are is6,glacial,252u...

i hate lowe its a crap tank for me and its at the bottom of my earning list

Capture.PNG

if you can buy just 1-2 tanks better wait to grind tech tree tier 8 first so you can see which nation/type will fit best with you

on that note 252 is no brainer for 5k you just have to buy it :)

Gixxer66 #15 Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 644 battles

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 19 November 2020 - 07:49 AM, said

just don’t camp too much here pls ;)

I don't play TD's ....... if anything I'm over aggressive or rather am prone to over extending.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users