WOTBLITZREPLAYS.com - A new website to share replays!

replay

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dxia #1 Posted 04 December 2020 - 05:19 PM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 8397 battles

I've created a website where you can upload your replays. It has a nice result summary of the gameplay.

https://www.wotblitzreplays.com

Also youtube video link for the replay is available if it is created...

Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks!

Edited by Dxia, 06 December 2020 - 12:56 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37707 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Looks nice...

You need to add a lot of functionality though, basic stuff like filtering/sorting and more advanced stuff like more results data...

I don’t know it you are aware if it but wotinspector.com has been going a long time with replays and has tons of cool features and one USP you can still view old replays in the map inspector mode, that’s a major problem for your site as each update makes any old replays useless...

As I use jylpah’s python scripts which integrate with wotinspector.com I’m afraid I won’t be using your site but wish you luck with it...

I’d suggest you try and come up with a USP for your site that is what will really build your user base...

GL!

547146227.png

Seal__McClubsky #3 Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16600 battles
  • [HFORC]

Look nice indeed...

good luck finetuning, will check back once in a while.

jylpah #4 Posted 09 December 2020 - 01:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27758 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDxia, on 04 December 2020 - 07:19 PM, said:

I've created a website where you can upload your replays. It has a nice result summary of the gameplay.

https://www.wotblitzreplays.com

Also youtube video link for the replay is available if it is created...

Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks!

Hi Dxia,

Could you please open up a bit your service. Is this 1) completely independent of WoTinspector or 2) do the replays end up in the WoTinspector.com if uploaded from your site?

If the former, I am afraid you are actually doing a disservice for the community :( The great value of WoTinspector is its APIs and it being THE database of replays where all the replays can be found. We do not need several databases for replays. We need one repository for replays. Therefore, would you be open to consider uploading the replays to WoTinspector via its API? Since if you have other ideas of the UI, you can still implement those even the replay ends up in the WoTinspector. There is a lot of stuff that could be done to analyze the replays on server side and innovate on the UI. Is for example your the Youtube upload automatic? If so, that is incredibly cool feature.

I propose you have a chat with Reven86, the dev behind the WoTinspector. he is a nice guy.

Edited by jylpah, 09 December 2020 - 01:42 PM.

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

Dxia #5 Posted 09 December 2020 - 10:24 PM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 8397 battles

View Postjylpah, on 09 December 2020 - 04:37 PM, said:

Hi Dxia,

Could you please open up a bit your service. Is this 1) completely independent of WoTinspector or 2) do the replays end up in the WoTinspector.com if uploaded from your site?

If the former, I am afraid you are actually doing a disservice for the community :( The great value of WoTinspector is its APIs and it being THE database of replays where all the replays can be found. We do not need several databases for replays. We need one repository for replays. Therefore, would you be open to consider uploading the replays to WoTinspector via its API? Since if you have other ideas of the UI, you can still implement those even the replay ends up in the WoTinspector. There is a lot of stuff that could be done to analyze the replays on server side and innovate on the UI. Is for example your the Youtube upload automatic? If so, that is incredibly cool feature.

I propose you have a chat with Reven86, the dev behind the WoTinspector. he is a nice guy.

Hello jylpah!

I use the wotinspector API to get battle results from the replays (I also placed a reference on the bottom). The replays are therefore uploaded to wotinspector database but they are set "private" and they are not displayed directly on wotinspector's site.

I had been in contact with Reven86 for a long time and yes he is a very nice guy. Always tries to answer my questions and he is aware of my usage of the API. I am not trying to create an alternative database but I get what you mean. I might remove the "private" parameter.

My Youtube upload is not automatic (yet), but I am trying to make it as easy as possible for me to convert replays to videos with minimum intervention. I am also planing to add some more battle details, soon. Finally adding some weekly / monthly events with some rewards...

I am not a developer, I just like the idea and trying to learn by reading and watching stuff. This is my first website and still learning everyday...

minitelrose #6 Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 83760 battles
  • [AFK]

I guess the wotinspector API is not so big, but it is displayed in the front page.

so basically wotblitzreplays does use the service from wotinspector. 
i guess some clans could build themselves something like this for their private use. 

I will concede nothing : the WR needs to be re-counted - by hand.

Muhammad_Zaib #7 Posted 10 December 2020 - 12:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2011 battles
  • [-STS-]

Will check to out

If you think I am your friend now, you're wrong ... I am still your enemy. Bad Statistics due to high ping issuesBad Statistics due to high ping issues Clan Lead of -STS- :bush:YouTube Channel

jylpah #8 Posted 11 December 2020 - 09:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27758 battles
  • [AFK]

Hi Dxia, 

If you could remove the "private" param, that would be fantastic. As I said, there is a lot of room for innovation in the UI side what could be done. 

The replays are great source of data for all nerdy analyzes :hiding:

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

Also tagged with replay

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users