• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

PanzerPsycho68 #1 Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28327 battles
  • [PFI]

Hello, Fellow Forumers, 

Lately i noticed a distinct increase in the amount of locked Topics.

On most occasions the decision seemed justified, but ( for example ) yesterday 

the ( hilarious ) Topic about "Guidelines For Blitz Gameplay" was locked, as well.

I've scrolled through all the Posts in that Topic, but couldn't find anything wrong ( IMHO )

that warrants that particular Topic to be locked. Can a Member of WG's Moderation Team 

( for example EndToast / EndTastic or anyone else ) please explain to us ( or me, in a PM )

the reasons for locking Topics, like the aforementioned one ?

Let me state beforehand that I'm not intending to pick a fight with the Mod Team, nor do I

question the need for this Forum to be moderated, but lately I found myself quite puzzled

about their decision making ; it seems ( a personal opinion ! ) a bit "random" to me now ...

I would really appreciate it, if a Moderator would care to offer some insights in this matter.

Best Regards,

PanzerPsycho68.

Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 12 January 2021 - 10:41 PM.

Clan Leader of the Panzer-Vernichter Clan and a devoted German Tank Driver !

DaDerpinator #2 Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4571 battles
  • [1ST]
The mods here just do whatever they want, regardless whether it's against the rules or not. They don't justify their actions, they don't answer questions, they delete posts and threads if they don't like what's being said or disagree with it. they're a law unto themselves. 

I'm not complaining, I'm communicating a matter of significant importance to me  :)

DaDerps guidelines for playing Blitz

Muhammad_Zaib #3 Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:50 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2011 battles
  • [-STS-]

Dear moderators,

Please don't lock topics or un-pin them. By the way, if you don't like fun threads, tell us the sub-forum where we can talk about it.

Regards,

The person who made a mistake trying to invite more players to forums and invited some moderators too (me)

If you think I am your friend now, you're wrong ... I am still your enemy.                        YouTube Channel:bush:  Clan Lead of -STS-                                                                                                                 BEFOR3SH0CK_X

net4force #4 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 61035 battles
  • [ADULT]
@PanzerPsycho: Don't count on any explanation from the moderators. According to the forum rules they don't have to and can basically do whatever they feel fit. I guess we all accepted the forum rules by posting here - complaining about it in hind sight won't change it. I guess this a 'take it or leave it' situation.

PanzerPsycho68 #5 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28327 battles
  • [PFI]

View Postnet4force, on 13 January 2021 - 12:12 PM, said:

@PanzerPsycho: Don't count on any explanation from the moderators. According to the forum rules they don't have to and can basically do whatever they feel fit. I guess we all accepted the forum rules by posting here - complaining about it in hind sight won't change it. I guess this a 'take it or leave it' situation.

@Netforce : I don't count on any explanation, but I hope that a Mod would care to explain their reasoning here.

This can work positive in two ways : we, as Forumers, will have a better idea about what is deemed acceptable

( or not ) by the Moderators and, because of this, the Moderators need to spend less time enforcing their rules.

IMHO, this will increase the understanding between "us" and "them" and lessen the irritation towards one another.

net4force #6 Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 61035 battles
  • [ADULT]
Surely I sympathise with your post and hopes ... I would be positively surprised if a moderator would explain. Let's hope together and channel the 'hoping force' towards the moderators :-) (is there any Jedi around that can help us channeling?)

DaDerpinator #7 Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4571 battles
  • [1ST]
It's not too much to ask or expect that the mods treat us with respect and behave decently. we would then reciprocate.

I'm not complaining, I'm communicating a matter of significant importance to me  :)

Panzerkampfabzeigen #8 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 20885 battles
North Korea is best Korea.

Mjr_Leicht #9 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11774 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postnet4force, on 13 January 2021 - 12:09 PM, said:

Surely I sympathise with your post and hopes ... I would be positively surprised if a moderator would explain. Let's hope together and channel the 'hoping force' towards the moderators :-) (is there any Jedi around that can help us channeling?)

I am using the force but the dark side is strong in the moderators...

560273467.png

DaDerpinator #10 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4571 battles
  • [1ST]
There shouldn't be a 'them and us' mentality. we are all blitz players and we are all forumers! the job of the mods is to make the forum better and more harmonious, not to upset or antagonise any of us.

PanzerPsycho68 #11 Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28327 battles
  • [PFI]

View PostDaDerpinator, on 13 January 2021 - 11:52 PM, said:

There shouldn't be a 'them and us' mentality. we are all blitz players and we are all forumers! the job of the mods is to make the forum better and more harmonious, not to upset or antagonise any of us.

I couldn't agree more with you ; judging from all the Upvotes you've received I'm not the only one !

However ....

At least one person here on the Forum doesn't share our thinking, because this evening another Topic

( about RNG affecting Lockboxes ) was locked, for no other reason that some regular Forumers were

telling eachother that some other Forumers received temporarily ChatBans.

They where not even criticizing or discussing this matter ; they where only mentioning it to eachother !

This "offence" was apparently enough reason for one of the Mods to lock down the Topic immediately.

As mentioned before in this Topic : it really starts to feel like North Korea here lately ....  Hello Mr. Kim ?

Just_merpug #12 Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59785 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPanzerPsycho68, on 14 January 2021 - 09:08 PM, said:

I couldn't agree more with you ; judging from all the Upvotes you've received I'm not the only one !

However ....

At least one person here on the Forum doesn't share our thinking, because this evening another Topic

( about RNG affecting Lockboxes ) was locked, for no other reason that some regular Forumers were

telling eachother that some other Forumers received temporarily ChatBans.

They where not even criticizing or discussing this matter ; they where only mentioning it to eachother !

This "offence" was apparently enough reason for one of the Mods to lock down the Topic immediately.

As mentioned before in this Topic : it really starts to feel like North Korea here lately ....  Hello Mr. Kim ?

The forum rules state that you can't discuss a ban. Always have. It would indeed be good to have moderation that stated reasons, but the current moderator/s don't want to do this. It's their party, they set the rules. No point in crying about it. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

PanzerPsycho68 #13 Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28327 battles
  • [PFI]

View PostJust_merpug, on 14 January 2021 - 10:15 PM, said:

The forum rules state that you can't discuss a ban. Always have. It would indeed be good to have moderation that stated reasons, but the current moderator/s don't want to do this. It's their party, they set the rules. No point in crying about it. 

@Merpug :

I know this Rule, but like I said before : they were not discussing or criticizing these Bans.

They were only telling / mentioning these Bans to eachother.  What's the Offence in that ? 

Is it really necessary for us Forumers, to be hunted-down by a modern Spanish Inquisition ?

FFS : I'm an Adult, over 50y , and even in High School I never felt the need to chose my words

in such a careful way as we have to do here, lately, to avoid locked Topics and / or Chat Bans.

Just_merpug #14 Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59785 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPanzerPsycho68, on 14 January 2021 - 09:48 PM, said:

@Merpug :

I know this Rule, but like I said before : they were not discussing or criticizing these Bans.

They were only telling / mentioning these Bans to eachother.  What's the Offence in that ? 

Is it really necessary for us Forumers, to be hunted-down by a modern Spanish Inquisition ?

FFS : I'm an Adult, over 50y , and even in High School I never felt the need to chose my words

in such a careful way as we have to do here, lately, to avoid locked Topics and / or Chat Bans.

Well, I'm an adult and over 60, my life has taught me to be circumspect and to moderate expression of opinions when it's necessary. A career in IT technical sales brings you into contact with many idiots who know everything on the basis of zero knowledge or ability. Winning business in those circumstances can be interesting. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

DaDerpinator #15 Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4571 battles
  • [1ST]

Here's the 'Guidelines for Blitz' list that was asked for..  http://auslink.42web...guidelines.html

Maybe someone with suitable skills can jazz it up a bit with some graphics, decoration, etc.,

Edited by DaDerpinator, 15 January 2021 - 02:18 PM.

Muhammad_Zaib #16 Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2011 battles
  • [-STS-]

View PostDaDerpinator, on 15 January 2021 - 07:16 PM, said:

Here's the 'Guidelines for Blitz' list that was asked for..  http://auslink.42web...guidelines.html

Maybe someone with suitable skills can jazz it up a bit with some graphics, decoration, etc.,

You made it with HTML, well I'll try to, still learning HTML and CSS

If you think I am your friend now, you're wrong ... I am still your enemy.                        YouTube Channel:bush:  Clan Lead of -STS-                                                                                                                 BEFOR3SH0CK_X

DaDerpinator #17 Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4571 battles
  • [1ST]

View PostMuhammad_Zaib, on 16 January 2021 - 11:12 PM, said:

You made it with HTML, well I'll try to, still learning HTML and CSS

Yeah I made it as a webpage so if anyone wants to see it they can without downloading anything. But if you (or anyone) wants it as a .doc just copy and past the text into your favorite word processor. simplez! :)

Edited by DaDerpinator, 16 January 2021 - 01:28 PM.

Muhammad_Zaib #18 Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2011 battles
  • [-STS-]

View PostDaDerpinator, on 16 January 2021 - 06:25 PM, said:

Yeah I made it as a webpage so if anyone wants to see it they can without downloading anything. But if you (or anyone) wants it as a .doc just copy and past the text into your favorite word processor. simplez! :)

Well I'll try adding some graphics, m8!

jonty_2014 #19 Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 78579 battles
  • [EMRS]
Re the original post .... yes, I’ve noticed this, too.  

I preferred the red text and warnings...

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users