Jump to content


Anyone got any idea what this means


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Strummer54 #1 Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:58 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 59697 battles
  • 1,790
  • [DADS]
  • Member since:
    07-11-2014
Just let me start by saying I’m not naming and shaming, I’m simply mildly curious as to what this means? All these accounts show zeros across the board, I know for a fact the first one has more than 35,000 battles.

Attached Files

  • Attached File   BEBF8752-CCE1-49B8-BC32-E0F407C46529.png   1.14MB
  • Attached File   3FBCA4AF-5ABB-4B6F-96CA-75B694C97AEA.png   1.17MB
  • Attached File   A283F5CE-2D63-41D9-8423-A424E8BD9B34.png   1.05MB

 

 


O_o__O_o__O_o #2 Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:19 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 56734 battles
  • 2,049
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    12-16-2015
he is EndTastic now :)
maybe test account or someone tries to copy him which is more likely  :)

Edited by O_o__O_o__O_o, 22 February 2021 - 08:20 PM.


gallabru #3 Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18237 battles
  • 1,316
  • [LAGER]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2016
Fake EndToast. This is the beginning of fame I guess. Unless the name was patented for many different spelling ?

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.


Mjr_Eazy #4 Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:12 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38791 battles
  • 9,630
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View PostStrummer54, on 22 February 2021 - 07:58 PM, said:

Just let me start by saying I’m not naming and shaming, I’m simply mildly curious as to what this means? All these accounts show zeros across the board, I know for a fact the first one has more than 35,000 battles.

Copyrighted so he took the alternatives?

Fakes/Squatters like you get on domains on t'internet?
I think some CC/Press/Test accounts don't have stats...

Bots don't have stats...

Deleted accounts don't get stats via the API, maybe it's been migrated so works like that...

Realistically, dunno, I doubt anyone here would other than Mr Toast/Tastic and he'll probably be along to tell you it's against the rules or off-topic and then someone else will delete your posts/give you a warning, not him ofc as he is not a mod, he told us this...


Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 22 February 2021 - 09:13 PM.

547146227.png

 


Replicant_2 #5 Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:18 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14728 battles
  • 1,494
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

groupies or copycats

 

just like not everybody with a guitar is Jimi Hendrix


Edited by Replicant_2, 22 February 2021 - 09:19 PM.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.


romsitsa #6 Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:22 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 52653 battles
  • 5,053
  • [VG]
  • Member since:
    10-19-2011

Accounts related to WG have no (never had) stats.

 

A



Mjr_Eazy #7 Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:35 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38791 battles
  • 9,630
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View Postromsitsa, on 22 February 2021 - 09:22 PM, said:

Accounts related to WG have no (never had) stats.

 

A


That's not strictly true, the WG folks who do the streams have stats on their accounts in the WG clan, eg RibbleStripe...

https://www.blitzstars.com/clan/eu/3


547146227.png

 


Endtastic #8 Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:06 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42563 battles
  • 2,168
  • [LOCA]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostStrummer54, on 22 February 2021 - 08:58 PM, said:

Just let me start by saying I’m not naming and shaming, I’m simply mildly curious as to what this means? All these accounts show zeros across the board, I know for a fact the first one has more than 35,000 battles.

Long story short, being a chat moderator has its disadvantages meaning you get faked a lot. A few months ago, I was dealing with a troll at the Czech chat who would copy anybodys name, add "_" and insult in their name. Those accounts are nothing but that guy, all already perma banned. Hope it helps, if anything just ask. I have no isses explaining this.



SirArthurStreebGreebling #9 Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:35 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48867 battles
  • 820
  • [VG]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

View PostReplicant_2, on 22 February 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

groupies or copycats

 

just like not everybody with a guitar is Jimi Hendrix


Hardly! I’m Gary Moore...



Mjr_Leicht #10 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:10 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12643 battles
  • 813
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    01-21-2019

View PostEndtastic, on 22 February 2021 - 10:06 PM, said:

Long story short, being a chat moderator has its disadvantages meaning you get faked a lot. A few months ago, I was dealing with a troll at the Czech chat who would copy anybodys name, add "_" and insult in their name. Those accounts are nothing but that guy, all already perma banned. Hope it helps, if anything just ask. I have no isses explaining this.


Cool...

Makes sense

The price of fame is high :)


560273467.png

Strummer54 #11 Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:10 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 59697 battles
  • 1,790
  • [DADS]
  • Member since:
    07-11-2014

View PostEndtastic, on 22 February 2021 - 10:06 PM, said:

Long story short, being a chat moderator has its disadvantages meaning you get faked a lot. A few months ago, I was dealing with a troll at the Czech chat who would copy anybodys name, add "_" and insult in their name. Those accounts are nothing but that guy, all already perma banned. Hope it helps, if anything just ask. I have no isses explaining this.


Forgive me for appearing a bit dense, but if you’ve already banned those accounts, why give the troll the satisfaction of changing your name?, it’s not going to stop whoever it is copying your new one. 


 

 


net4force #12 Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 61035 battles
  • 478
  • [ADULT]
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
Does WG apply some kind investigative techniques to actively detect and trace down these trolls?

Endtastic #13 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:47 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42563 battles
  • 2,168
  • [LOCA]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View Postnet4force, on 23 February 2021 - 01:42 PM, said:

Does WG apply some kind investigative techniques to actively detect and trace down these trolls?

Yes. I worked very closely with them to get the troll down and detect and ban new accounts before he even started using them. 

He claimed that he had paid his mates at his local pub to do it for him :D

 

View PostStrummer54, on 23 February 2021 - 10:10 AM, said:


Forgive me for appearing a bit dense, but if you’ve already banned those accounts, why give the troll the satisfaction of changing your name?, it’s not going to stop whoever it is copying your new one. 

They exist for nearly all my previous nicknames, it doesn't really matter because they will keep creating them just because they can and there is nothing I can do about it. They are all banned anyway.


 

net4force #14 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 61035 battles
  • 478
  • [ADULT]
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014

View PostEndtastic, on 23 February 2021 - 05:47 PM, said:

Yes. I worked very closely with them to get the troll down and detect and ban new accounts before he even started using them. 

He claimed that he had paid his mates at his local pub to do it for him :D

 

They exist for nearly all my previous nicknames, it doesn't really matter because they will keep creating them just because they can and there is nothing I can do about it. They are all banned anyway.


 


Good that WG is able to actively track and close them.



Endtastic #15 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:13 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42563 battles
  • 2,168
  • [LOCA]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View Postnet4force, on 23 February 2021 - 06:09 PM, said:


Good that WG is able to actively track and close them.

It was more of an internal request and working together than them keeping an eye out on blank accounts. We worked together quite well.



Just_merpug #16 Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60986 battles
  • 10,624
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostSirArthurStreebGreebling, on 22 February 2021 - 11:35 PM, said:


Hardly! I’m Gary Moore...

Sorry about the acne


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..


Uranyum212atomu #17 Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:40 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2849 battles
  • 651
  • [EPW]
  • Member since:
    05-30-2020
your colleague zeropity has same problem
There were people named zeropityuselesskaren or zeropityuseless
someone else had the same name and got a chat ban
I think his account was deleted

Edited by Uranyum212atomu, 24 February 2021 - 05:40 PM.

Plato
Wise People talk because they have something to say.Stupid people talk because they have to say something
 
 

Endtastic #18 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:01 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42563 battles
  • 2,168
  • [LOCA]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostUranyum212atomu, on 24 February 2021 - 06:40 PM, said:

your colleague zeropity has same problem
There were people named zeropityuselesskaren or zeropityuseless
someone else had the same name and got a chat ban
I think his account was deleted

No, he still has his account.



Uranyum212atomu #19 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:04 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2849 battles
  • 651
  • [EPW]
  • Member since:
    05-30-2020

View PostEndtastic, on 24 February 2021 - 09:01 PM, said:

No, he still has his account.

i mean copycat cat

not original 0pity


Plato
Wise People talk because they have something to say.Stupid people talk because they have to say something
 
 

Endtastic #20 Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:18 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42563 battles
  • 2,168
  • [LOCA]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostUranyum212atomu, on 24 February 2021 - 07:04 PM, said:

i mean copycat cat

not original 0pity

Banned, but not deleted. I doubt that.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users