Blitz isn't Blitz anymore

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

DaDerpinator #1 Posted 26 March 2021 - 01:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4573 battles
  • [1ST]
Blitz was originally a WW1 and WW2 tank battle game where players gained various skills playing different tanks and proceeded thru levels of difficulty. It's not that now. It no longer has that genre. Blitz is now just another online computer game! Now we have a monthly Battle Pass, with a new made up tank every month, constant events, various game modes, fantasy tanks, shiploads of boosters and 5x experience thrown at us, tanks sold cheaply almost daily, etc., etc., I am so over it now. I will just play occasionally for some fun. There's no point in doing anything else, at least in my view. Why bother trying to improve your WR when you're next team will most likely consist of several players who don't know one end of a tank from another? I'm not throwing any more money at this game. All these changes are just designed to make money for WG! Yet the bugs remain. But I'm not suggesting many players don't enjoy playing Blitz the way it is now. I just hope some enterprising person will invent a true historical tank game along the lines of how blitz used to be.

Edited by DaDerpinator, 26 March 2021 - 01:07 AM.

I'm not complaining, I'm communicating a matter of significant importance and extreme relevance  :)

DaDerps guidelines for playing Blitz (badly!)  WG's balance changes explained

Panzerkampfabzeigen #2 Posted 26 March 2021 - 07:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20885 battles

Herby,

I seriously suggest you delete the game today, and don’t return to Blitz. There are millions of other games out there.

After playing the NA server, and EU server and vice versa again and again. You sound exactly like my 80 yrs old grandma, always babbling and moaning. There is always someone else to blame.

Stop crying about it, you seem to me like some random kid in chat durimg battle. Dead in 3 seconds and blaming the others for their failure. 
Just stop it. You are constantly like last week’s newspaper....

DaDerpinator #3 Posted 26 March 2021 - 07:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4573 battles
  • [1ST]

View PostPanzerkampfabzeigen, on 26 March 2021 - 05:10 PM, said:

Herby,

I seriously suggest you delete the game today, and don’t return to Blitz. There are millions of other games out there.

After playing the NA server, and EU server and vice versa again and again. You sound exactly like my 80 yrs old grandma, always babbling and moaning. There is always someone else to blame.

Stop crying about it, you seem to me like some random kid in chat durimg battle. Dead in 3 seconds and blaming the others for their failure. 
Just stop it. You are constantly like last week’s newspaper....

Maybe I am your grandma!  :)  But seriously, your criticism is unjustified. I'm talking about the way Blitz has changed. I haven't said anything about my in game performance or blamed anyone for anything. And besides, you don't get to say what other ppl can post or not, so put a sock in it!

Edited by DaDerpinator, 26 March 2021 - 07:48 AM.

I'm not complaining, I'm communicating a matter of significant importance and extreme relevance  :)

Panzerkampfabzeigen #4 Posted 26 March 2021 - 07:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20885 battles

Just face it, Blitz isn’t the game for you. Games change, so do people.

The same topics over and over again... Again, i really think that Blitz isn’t a game for you.

QuartierLibre #5 Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4793 battles
  • [-Y0U-]
If you feel so bad about the game, quitting is the best thing to do. But if you are really into tanking on mobile, there is no good alternative at the moment... So you're likely to come back at some point!

Best thing to do IMHO is to find how to enjoy the game in its current shape.

DaDerpinator #6 Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4573 battles
  • [1ST]

View PostPanzerkampfabzeigen, on 26 March 2021 - 05:56 PM, said:

Just face it, Blitz isn’t the game for you. Games change, so do people.

The same topics over and over again... Again, i really think that Blitz isn’t a game for you.

I get to decide if blitz is the game for me, not you. Why don't you make some comment about the topic? instead of just talking about me.

View PostQuartierLibre, on 26 March 2021 - 06:08 PM, said:

If you feel so bad about the game, quitting is the best thing to do. But if you are really into tanking on mobile, there is no good alternative at the moment... So you're likely to come back at some point!
Best thing to do IMHO is to find how to enjoy the game in its current shape.

I only play on PC, and I enjoy playing by playing mostly the lower tiers. 

General_Jarkeld #7 Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:12 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30691 battles
  • [-B4W-]

View PostDaDerpinator, on 26 March 2021 - 01:04 AM, said:

I am so over it now. I will just play occasionally for some fun. There's no point in doing anything else, at least in my view. 

I don’t quite understand this. For what other reasons were you playing before, if not to have fun? 

Mjr_Eazy #8 Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38866 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Blitz was originally a WW1 and WW2 tank battle game where players gained various skills playing different tanks and proceeded thru levels of difficulty. It's not that now. It no longer has that genre. Blitz is now just another online computer game! Now we have a monthly Battle Pass, with a new made up tank every month, constant events, various game modes, fantasy tanks, shiploads of boosters and 5x experience thrown at us, tanks sold cheaply almost daily, etc., etc., I am so over it now. I will just play occasionally for some fun. There's no point in doing anything else, at least in my view. Why bother trying to improve your WR when you're next team will most likely consist of several players who don't know one end of a tank from another? I'm not throwing any more money at this game. All these changes are just designed to make money for WG! Yet the bugs remain. But I'm not suggesting many players don't enjoy playing Blitz the way it is now. I just hope some enterprising person will invent a true historical tank game along the lines of how blitz used to be.

Do you feel better now?

The game was always chock full of made up tanks and fantasy tanks, I’ve been playing for almost 6 years now and we had GuP tanks, Dracula, Tankenstain etc when I started and the huge raft of made up BS tanks...

What you want never existed, play, don’t play but for the love of god stop moaning...

547146227.png

The_Pro_er #9 Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2252 battles

I noticed that the Battle Pass...it is present in more and more online games.I would like to play at the first years of this game appears.

Edited by The_Pro_er, 26 March 2021 - 10:26 AM.

DaDerpinator #10 Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4573 battles
  • [1ST]

View PostGeneral_Jarkeld, on 26 March 2021 - 07:12 PM, said:

I don’t quite understand this. For what other reasons were you playing before, if not to have fun? 

lots of reasons: to improve winrate, to advance in the tiers and get more tanks, to learn tank skills, to learn game skills, to learn how not to die, to get a higher rating league, to get different medals, to gain map familiarity, and more.

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 26 March 2021 - 07:22 PM, said:

Do you feel better now?

The game was always chock full of made up tanks and fantasy tanks, I’ve been playing for almost 6 years now and we had GuP tanks, Dracula, Tankenstain etc when I started and the huge raft of made up BS tanks...

What you want never existed, play, don’t play but for the love of god stop moaning...

I never knew those tanks existed in the game back then? Anyway, there were a lot more historical tanks, especially in the lower tiers. And it was a different game years ago when I started playing, about three years ago. The tiers got progressively harder and we didn't have lots of nubs in higher tiers.

Edited by DaDerpinator, 26 March 2021 - 09:56 AM.

jylpah #11 Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28622 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDaDerpinator, on 26 March 2021 - 11:50 AM, said:

The tiers got progressively harder and we didn't have lots of nubs in higher tiers.

Just to remind you, that many players regard players with less than 5k battles and damage ratio well below 1 as "nubs". :ohmy:

The issue here is that you would like to win more, but you cannot. So you come to the forums to vent how it is the game's fault. In reality you have three options to choose from:

1. Delete the game
  2. Learn to enjoy the  game without carrying like a unicum
  3. Git gud

The choice is yours. Have fun.

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

O_o__O_o__O_o #12 Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56809 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDaDerpinator, on 26 March 2021 - 09:50 AM, said:

lots of reasons: to improve winrate, to advance in the tiers and get more tanks, to learn tank skills, to learn game skills, to learn how not to die, to get a higher rating league, to get different medals, to gain map familiarity, and more.

you can still do all of those now

onlypainhurts #13 Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:32 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 53212 battles
  • [XFIRE]

View Postjylpah, on 26 March 2021 - 11:12 AM, said:

1. Delete the game
  3. Git gud

You forgot the 4th obvious choice,  He will continue to play and spit the dummy and whinge constantly and make inane topics on the forum.

If i was placing money on which of these happens,  It would be number 4. 

"Oderint dum Metuant"

QuartierLibre #14 Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4793 battles
  • [-Y0U-]
DaDerpinator, I'm kind of confused, because it looks like you had a lot of motivation and energy to put in this game and to progress. You cared about your WR, your stats, you  spent more than 230h playing this game. I guess you also watched YouTube videos, read forum contents, spent time on blitzhangar or armor inspector to learn tank stats and armor profile. You put money in the game to progress faster.

But your stats don't reflect all this. So I can understand the frustration but there must be something that hold you back? You are able to do better, for sure. If I were you, I'd try to find a mentor/teacher so that you can start to feel the joy of progressing again.

Widd1 #15 Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 100628 battles
  • [49DIV]

Oh yes “the good old days” not many maps, no camo, friendly fire, platoons of tier X with tier 1’s me definitely being more of a noob than I am now. Let’s get back to version 1.0 great plan. 

Unless they bring it as an event and I would relish the chance to have a bit of fun and maybe then all the players moaning about how bad the game is now would stop posting whining threads about how the game is worse! 

:facepalm:

DaDerpinator #16 Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4573 battles
  • [1ST]

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 26 March 2021 - 08:25 PM, said:

you can still do all of those now

yes of course

View Postjylpah, on 26 March 2021 - 08:12 PM, said:

Just to remind you, that many players regard players with less than 5k battles and damage ratio well below 1 as "nubs". :ohmy:

The issue here is that you would like to win more, but you cannot. So you come to the forums to vent how it is the game's fault. In reality you have three options to choose from:

1. Delete the game
  3. Git gud

On the derp account (which is not the account I currently play btw) my wr is 53% and the damage ratio is above 1, so I don't know what stats you're looking at. But it seems I have to inform you also that I've not mentioned my gameplay in the OP, so why you would want to comment and make assumptions about it, I don't know. The OP was all about how the game has changed, so if you've nothing to add that's on topic, I'll bid you adieu. 

View PostWidd1, on 26 March 2021 - 10:07 PM, said:

Oh yes “the good old days” not many maps, no camo, friendly fire, platoons of tier X with tier 1’s me definitely being more of a noob than I am now. Let’s get back to version 1.0 great plan. 

Unless they bring it as an event and I would relish the chance to have a bit of fun and maybe then all the players moaning about how bad the game is now would stop posting whining threads about how the game is worse! 

:facepalm:

you've taken it to the extreme of course. I wouldn't suggest going that far back!  :amazed:  And yes, the game is interesting now, but as I said in the OP, it's NOT an historical tank game anymore.

Edited by DaDerpinator, 26 March 2021 - 12:30 PM.

DaDerpinator #17 Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 4573 battles
  • [1ST]

View PostQuartierLibre, on 26 March 2021 - 09:46 PM, said:

DaDerpinator, I'm kind of confused, because it looks like you had a lot of motivation and energy to put in this game and to progress. You cared about your WR, your stats, you spent more than 230h playing this game. I guess you also watched YouTube videos, read forum contents, spent time on blitzhangar or armor inspector to learn tank stats and armor profile. You put money in the game to progress faster.

But your stats don't reflect all this. So I can understand the frustration but there must be something that hold you back? You are able to do better, for sure. If I were you, I'd try to find a mentor/teacher so that you can start to feel the joy of progressing again.

Thanks for that. Yes, i did most of those things, but the confusion here is because this is the account I post with, because it's an EU account, but I play on other accounts, and on those accounts the stats do reflect my current skill level. So contrary to what some ppl here think, just because I complain about some aspects of the game, doesn't mean I'm unhappy with my gameplay. 

net4force #18 Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 61035 battles
  • [ADULT]

View PostDaDerpinator, on 26 March 2021 - 02:04 AM, said:

I just hope some enterprising person will invent a true historical tank game along the lines of how blitz used to be.

What gave it away that that won't be you ....

Edited by net4force, 26 March 2021 - 01:09 PM.

Strummer54 #19 Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59697 battles
  • [DADS]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 26 March 2021 - 09:22 AM, said:

Do you feel better now?

When the game first started there were 4 lines, no fantasy tanks and a few Very, very good maps.

Just_merpug #20 Posted 26 March 2021 - 07:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 61149 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostStrummer54, on 26 March 2021 - 02:34 PM, said:

When the game first started there were 4 lines, no fantasy tanks and a few Very, very good maps.

And then, at Halloween, the Tankenstein in a stupidly difficult (for nabs like me) grind. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users