Jump to content


Stop giving the reds time to reload/regroup/ reposition etc.


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

The_Angry_Tank_Commander #1 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:22 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4629 battles
  • 468
  • [FORUM]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2020

Why why why?? 

 

I notice this a lot. Certain tanks such as the Auto Loaders, FV215b183, TD's etc have long reloads as well as the ability to take up defensive positions and engage their camo. The amount of times I see people on my team engaging them, especially when it's 1v1, 1v2 2v2, 2v1, then for some reason pull back after they shoot and actually allow them to reload or take up a new position. Then after they reload they decide to engage them again and end up getting killed. How hard is it to put pressure on tanks when you are reloading? This is primarily in heavy tanks. I had a game with an E75 who decided to let the OBJ 268 back up and fully reload. Instead of using his big tank to push and face hug he keeps himself at arms length in front of a high damage TD. I've even seen this against an FV215b183.

 

I don't expect this out of certain tanks but heavies come on.



O_o__O_o__O_o #2 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:34 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 56809 battles
  • 2,059
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    12-16-2015

because heavy players have no idea how to play heavy tanks

they dont use their armour at all

youtubers also moan about saving hitpoints all the time which is good but most people are saving to extreme untill they are last 1 alive on their team so they make 1 extra shot :)

 

only way to avoid this is to play heavy tank :) that way you compensate for 1 noob :)



erwin10001 #3 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:45 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2557 battles
  • 560
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    11-16-2019
could be that the reloading tank is being covered by TDs (and LT and MT and HT) that haven't been spotted yet but are sniping from a nearby bush.


net4force #4 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:27 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 61035 battles
  • 482
  • [ADULT]
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
Yep, very recognisable. Also a very common habit: engaging enemies one by one, giving the enemy time to take out the greens one by one.

onlypainhurts #5 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:57 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 53212 battles
  • 710
  • [XFIRE]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2016

I would say its all too subjective to say what people should do.  What other tanks are around?  How much HP do you have left? How much Hp does the enemy have left?   I'm not going to push on a tank and start face hugging when I know that eventually his reload will end and he will eat a big chunk of my HP or his friend across the map can do it. 

 

Be that as it may, much can be opined about the quality of gameplay one frequently sees.  I myself am similarly mystified at the seeming lack of any sort of intelligence.   Ive resigned that the average blitz player wants nothing more than to drive forward and shoot anything more is asking too much.  (even driving forward and shooting is too often too much....)

 

 


"Oderint dum Metuant"


erwin10001 #6 Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:40 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2557 battles
  • 560
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    11-16-2019

When rushing apparently defenceless tanks, always be on the lookout for hidden TDs!

 

Another satisfying day at the "Hellcat shooting gallery"

 

https://replays.woti...dd196c2a67dc2e2



DaDerpinator #7 Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:44 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4573 battles
  • 1,099
  • [1ST]
  • Member since:
    10-16-2019

View Postonlypainhurts, on 06 April 2021 - 08:57 PM, said:

I would say its all too subjective to say what people should do.  What other tanks are around?  How much HP do you have left? How much Hp does the enemy have left?   I'm not going to push on a tank and start face hugging when I know that eventually his reload will end and he will eat a big chunk of my HP or his friend across the map can do it. 

 

Be that as it may, much can be opined about the quality of gameplay one frequently sees.  I myself am similarly mystified at the seeming lack of any sort of intelligence.   Ive resigned that the average blitz player wants nothing more than to drive forward and shoot anything more is asking too much.  (even driving forward and shooting is too often too much....)

 

 

 

I see so little smart thinking so often. it's like, Oh!.. someone is shooting at me.. I will just sit here and shoot back. Many players never seem to think about what's the best thing to do in the situation they're in, let alone what's the best action to take for the advantage of the team.


I'm not complaining, I'm communicating a matter of significant importance and extreme relevance  :)

DaDerps guidelines for playing Blitz (badly!)  WG's balance changes explained


DaDerpinator #8 Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:58 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4573 battles
  • 1,099
  • [1ST]
  • Member since:
    10-16-2019

View Posterwin10001, on 07 April 2021 - 02:40 AM, said:

When rushing apparently defenceless tanks, always be on the lookout for hidden TDs!

 

Another satisfying day at the "Hellcat shooting gallery"

 

https://replays.woti...dd196c2a67dc2e2

 

You were lucky. I often go to that position to snipe, but rarely get many tanks making targets of themselves like that. 


I'm not complaining, I'm communicating a matter of significant importance and extreme relevance  :)

DaDerps guidelines for playing Blitz (badly!)  WG's balance changes explained


erwin10001 #9 Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:17 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2557 battles
  • 560
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    11-16-2019

View PostDaDerpinator, on 07 April 2021 - 12:58 AM, said:

 

You were lucky. I often go to that position to snipe, but rarely get many tanks making targets of themselves like that. 

 

Maybe I am getting special MM! :medal:

I hardly ever use this position as I prefer to push with mediums in a hellcat, but after looking at the team composition & seeing how green tanks were moving in the first 30s, I sensed that this position might be the best.


Edited by erwin10001, 07 April 2021 - 08:28 AM.


TankyMacTanker #10 Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:45 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6601 battles
  • 572
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    08-24-2018
We have made lists before on this forum about bad playing habits and this is one of them, but as other say, going forward in this situation is not always the right thing to do.

Don't cry. Just fly!

Tanks come in two forms: the dangerous, deadly kind and the ones I drive.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users