Tank Company: Wargaming you really need to worry.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

The_Angry_Tank_Commander #1 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4629 battles
  • [FORUM]

Not sure if you've heard about this game but at the moment it's making the rounds. The game looks fantastic and I believe Wargaming should worry because I believe this could push them into the ground if they aren't careful and actually start fixing the game and making it better. WG has had a monopoly far too long and have developed the attitude of either play or don't play we don't care which only works if you are the only show in town. I'm thankful we are getting another mobile tank game that will compete with Blitz. Can't wait to try it.

Link: Tank Company: The first test file of the competitive version, detailed game features - iNEWS (inf.news)

O_o__O_o__O_o #2 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56809 battles
  • [AFK]

they should not

i doubt will be available outside china

same publisher is releasing blitz in china and they are talks some stealing has been involved :)

sooo i doubt WG will let this game exist outside china

jylpah #3 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28622 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 07 April 2021 - 12:30 PM, said:

same publisher is releasing blitz in china and they are talks some stealing has been involved :)

How surprising :facepalm:

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

The_Angry_Tank_Commander #4 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4629 battles
  • [FORUM]

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 07 April 2021 - 10:30 AM, said:

they should not

i doubt will be available outside china

sooo i doubt WG will let this game exist outside china

There is already talks of this being sent out world wide. Also NetEase is not some small little game company. One of their clients is Activision/Blizzard and they are making the Diablo Immortal. We are talking about a company who is pushing 60 billion in revenue. Wargaming won't be doing much of anything with these guys I'm afraid.

Replicant_2 #5 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14750 battles
  • [HRG]
Competition is generally a good thing so would welcome a new title pushing WG for more innovation as long as this doesn’t mean even more crazy arcade stuff Mario Kart in tanks style.
But I still expect Blitz to be here tomorrow and the day after too

Edited by Replicant_2, 07 April 2021 - 10:58 AM.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

gallabru #6 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18237 battles
  • [LAGER]

Two companies with different tank games on PC.

You know it is different because they have different logos

Posted Image

You know it is different because one is 15v15 while the other is...ok, not this one.

You know it is different because the maps are completely different and WG attacked TankCompany on no ground.

What tells you the game will not have the flaws of WoT ? We could argue that WG is doing not so bad if the 'new' game happens to be so similar. 

Reminds me a discussion with a big company concerning intellectual property. They were telling me that they were not filling patent in China so as to delay the diffusion of the information to be copied.

Edited by gallabru, 07 April 2021 - 11:16 AM.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

O_o__O_o__O_o #7 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56809 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostThe_Angry_Tank_Commander, on 07 April 2021 - 10:52 AM, said:

There is already talks of this being sent out world wide. Also NetEase is not some small little game company. One of their clients is Activision/Blizzard and they are making the Diablo Immortal. We are talking about a company who is pushing 60 billion in revenue. Wargaming won't be doing much of anything with these guys I'm afraid.

well its not about how much money company makes after all

they are laws if they actually took anything from blitz (3rd screenshot if you remove chinese letters and tell someone its blitz they will believe you :) ) WG can and will stop the game even if netease makes 200billion :)

you can see huawei those guys make a lot of money but for last 20years they just steal from others and pass a product as their own and most times they just do copy/paste not even hiding anything :D

i will be very happy if it is different game and we can enjoy it :)

as Replicant said more competition is always better for us :)

Edited by O_o__O_o__O_o, 07 April 2021 - 11:08 AM.

Mjr_Leicht #8 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12682 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I think a competitor would be good for the game but...
I doubt it is this one, they just stopped the global beta and said it will only be released in China.  

WG have gone legal on them, won't stop it in China as no IP protection there but will stop it elsewhere in the world...

WG already sued them before for an earlier rip-off game in 2013 which didn't make it to the global market...

You won't find the beta outside China....

560273467.png

Endtastic #9 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42594 battles
  • [LOCA]
Some of my clan mates have played it and they were quite satisfied.

jylpah #10 Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28622 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postgallabru, on 07 April 2021 - 01:05 PM, said:

Reminds me a discussion with a big company concerning intellectual property. They were telling me that they were not filling patent in China so as to delay the diffusion of the information to be copied.

China has embedded IP theft into its laws, rules and regulations. Foreign companies are forced to reveal lot of secrets of tech before they can get market access. There is zero hope for WG to fight against them in China, but they could fight outside of China although China Inc. would almost certainly retaliate them in China.

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

The_noble_Prinz #11 Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12258 battles
  • [VALKR]

Having a client that is one of the few scummy companies that rivals  Bethesda, Ubisoft and EA isn't much of a plus as you like to think it is in fact that makes me more worried about how micro transactions are going to done and if they might push it more then WG does. 

I do hope it makes it outside so I can see what type of tech tree it has and how it handles but its not something I'll invest into if what I heard about it using similar crew skill system WoT PC has which means grinding out crew skills including sixth sense and skills for every crew member plus managing crew barracks.     

"Then, it's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL 
Survived 4 years of Blitz. Churchill Collector, Cromwell Collector.  

The_Angry_Tank_Commander #12 Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4629 battles
  • [FORUM]

Wargaming's problem is Blitz is generic it also uses a generic theme built around historical military weapons AKA tanks. It doesn't have a unique story, unique characters, it's HUD resembles every kind of controller in existence along with a lot of other mobile games which their controls are based on console controllers. The only thing WG has that it can protect is if it's game engine was built in house, logos, and any tanks they designed and created. 

They way their game is setup resembles hundreds of other mobile games, the only difference is tanks and you can't trademark historical tanks. Being like another game doesn't win you lawsuits these days, if it did then EA would be suing Activision over Call of Duty and it's likeness to Battlefield. Most first person shooters these days resemble each other. 

View PostThe_noble_Prinz, on 07 April 2021 - 04:59 PM, said:

Having a client that is one of the few scummy companies that rivals  Bethesda, Ubisoft and EA isn't much of a plus as you like to think it is in fact that makes me more worried about how micro transactions are going to done and if they might push it more then WG does. 

I do hope it makes it outside so I can see what type of tech tree it has and how it handles but its not something I'll invest into if what I heard about it using similar crew skill system WoT PC has which means grinding out crew skills including sixth sense and skills for every crew member plus managing crew barracks.     

When it comes to loot boxes countries around the world are starting to finally notice and implement laws that ban them. It will eventually spread and the whole concept will have to be replaced with something else.

O_o__O_o__O_o #13 Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56809 battles
  • [AFK]
what you describe is just the look of the game not how it works

Just_merpug #14 Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 61149 battles
  • [AFK]
There's a game on release that Armoured_Pantz has pitched a bit which looks like a low res version of Blitz. Can't remember what it's called

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..

The_Angry_Tank_Commander #15 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4629 battles
  • [FORUM]

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 07 April 2021 - 05:39 PM, said:

what you describe is just the look of the game not how it works

How it works goes the same. Move your tank, shoot, upgrade your tank and skills, rinse and repeat. Sounds like any mobile driving game that has been around a long time. NetEase is a multi billion euro company, they have the resources to create their own in house engine. Wargaming doesn't have much of a leg to stand on I'm afraid.

Mjr_Eazy #16 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38866 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostJust_merpug, on 07 April 2021 - 07:01 PM, said:

There's a game on release that Armoured_Pantz has pitched a bit which looks like a low res version of Blitz. Can't remember what it's called

Tank Legion...

He has a few videos on it...

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPXrwnf0hhKEXir-AAJT1kwe57W2KEcLC

547146227.png

Replicant_2 #17 Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14750 battles
  • [HRG]

It doesn't look like an original idea either. Sure, all tank games will be similar to some extent and have tanks in them but the UI, certain graphics, naming (premium account, ranked battles etc), tank classes and in-battle HUD etc. make it look like another WoT/ Blitz ripoff.

I do actually like the more saturated, less cluttered graphics though.

Edited by Replicant_2, 08 April 2021 - 07:55 AM.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Panzerkampfabzeigen #18 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20885 battles
I downloaded Tank Legion, i’m curious. 

net4force #19 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 61035 battles
  • [ADULT]
I might be completely wrong, but I also read the rumour on Discord that this game is the Chinese version of WoT / WoT Blitz and Tank Company is the Chinese publisher, since every foreign company is forced by the Chinese Government to make use of a Chinese controlled company to do business in China.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users