panther m10 tank update armor buff spaced armor armour panther

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MACH_Cat_King_Seekel #1 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32895 battles
  • [-US--]

Greetings, let me share some quick history of the panther/M10, the tier 7 premium german medium tank.

During the preparation of Otto Skorzeny's Panzerbrigade 150 for the Ardennes offensive, four Panther tanks were disguised as M10 tank destroyers. The tank brigade was to carry out diversions deep behind the allied lines.

it will not be a surprise that the core of this tank is essentially a panther, with additional metal sheets to recreate the shape of an american tank destroyer used in the same period, the m10 wolverine tank destroyer.

but here comes the request that i have (and hopefully many other panther m10 players would love to see).

in the current blitz version of the panther m10, the tank is lacking of the metal sheet acting as additional "spaced armor". instead right now they're only visual, such as counterweights on top of a super pershing (the 2 tubes), even the pc version has 5mm of metal sheet around.

it's not going to change the tank at all, nor change the balance of it in the current matchmaking, it is just a small buff to not lose that small details that was never implied to this poor tank...

Just_merpug #2 Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 61149 battles
  • [AFK]
It's got spaced armour on the turret.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..

MACH_Cat_King_Seekel #3 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32895 battles
  • [-US--]
I’m sorry to correct you but it doesn’t, it’s only visual, in the armour model there are none. (Unless both blitzhangar and armor inspector got it wrong)

Just_merpug #4 Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 61149 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMACH_Cat_King_Seekel, on 08 April 2021 - 08:56 AM, said:

I’m sorry to correct you but it doesn’t, it’s only visual, in the armour model there are none. (Unless both blitzhangar and armor inspector got it wrong)

Yeah, my bad, just checked and it's only the gun manlet. Still, i never rely on the armour anyway. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..

MACH_Cat_King_Seekel #5 Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32895 battles
  • [-US--]

yeah it's pretty much irrelevant to this tank's playstyle, but still, i prefer to have it, maybe it can save me that 1 time out of 100 ahahaha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users