About Collector and Premium Tanks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

HakanYksl16 #1 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8142 battles
  • [MKN]
What exactly is the purpose of WarGaming, can a responsible explain it? We are already paying for the game for premium and various support. We also pay a fee for each operation. But instead of developing the game, WarGaming has put Premium and Collector tanks on the market, reducing gameplay to almost zero. Every match I play, I encounter at least one premium or collector tank. And this situation started to get boring. Why does WG use this way to make a little more money instead of improving the gameplay and adjusting the matchmaking system? However, by doing this, I guess they are not aware that they are losing players. Can any official really explain why premium and foraging tanks are constantly being sold? Is this not happening P2W? Do you know the equal game? Equal matches?

talhaONE #2 Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18631 battles
  • [CZZR]

View PostHakanYksl16, on 08 April 2021 - 12:32 AM, said:

What exactly is the purpose of WarGaming, can a responsible explain it? We are already paying for the game for premium and various support. We also pay a fee for each operation. But instead of developing the game, WarGaming has put Premium and Collector tanks on the market, reducing gameplay to almost zero. Every match I play, I encounter at least one premium or collector tank. And this situation started to get boring. Why does WG use this way to make a little more money instead of improving the gameplay and adjusting the matchmaking system? However, by doing this, I guess they are not aware that they are losing players. Can any official really explain why premium and foraging tanks are constantly being sold? Is this not happening P2W? Do you know the equal game? Equal matches?

Having Collectors and premiums in matches most of the time has to do with balance. Players tends you use the best tanks available for them. Some of the collectors and premiums are simply performing better then tech tree tanks, thats why players are abusing the hell out of them. 

HakanYksl16 #3 Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8142 battles
  • [MKN]

View PosttalhaONE, on 10 April 2021 - 01:49 AM, said:

Having Collectors and premiums in matches most of the time has to do with balance. Players tends you use the best tanks available for them. Some of the collectors and premiums are simply performing better then tech tree tanks, thats why players are abusing the hell out of them. 

Most of those who use these tanks are people who do not know how to play the game but can win matches due to the advantages of these tanks. Give VK 45.02 to a player who thinks I play well with Obj 252U and he can't even do damage.

talhaONE #4 Posted 11 April 2021 - 01:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18631 battles
  • [CZZR]

View PostHakanYksl16, on 10 April 2021 - 08:50 PM, said:

Most of those who use these tanks are people who do not know how to play the game but can win matches due to the advantages of these tanks. Give VK 45.02 to a player who thinks I play well with Obj 252U and he can't even do damage.

Thats because Obj 252u is one of the most braindead tank in tier 8. The armor on it is stupidly good while mobility on it is forgiving if you go to the wrong side of the map. Gun on it is not accurate but alpha and penetration on it is great. Unless the player cant hit the tanks in front of him, a player in Obj 252u wont perform bad. 

Unfortunetaly there is nothing we can do. For example Smasher nerf has been discussed on the offical discord countless times yet Wg refuses to nerf the tank when they clearly stated collectors are nerfable. Instead they are improving their skills at finding excuses. 

Edited by talhaONE, 11 April 2021 - 01:36 AM.

Selthae #5 Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27472 battles
  • [CROKL]

View PosttalhaONE, on 11 April 2021 - 01:35 AM, said:

Thats because Obj 252u is one of the most braindead tank in tier 8. The armor on it is stupidly good while mobility on it is forgiving if you go to the wrong side of the map. Gun on it is not accurate but alpha and penetration on it is great. Unless the player cant hit the tanks in front of him, a player in Obj 252u wont perform bad. 

Unfortunetaly there is nothing we can do. For example Smasher nerf has been discussed on the offical discord countless times yet Wg refuses to nerf the tank when they clearly stated collectors are nerfable. Instead they are improving their skills at finding excuses. 

Yet when it comes down to a 55%-60% player, i'd prefer them to be in the Obj252. Much easier to kill than a well driven VK45

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

laws are just structured threats made by the ruling socioeconomic class

SirArthurStreebGreebling #6 Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 48910 battles
  • [VG]

View PostSelthae, on 11 April 2021 - 02:06 AM, said:

Yet when it comes down to a 55%-60% player, i'd prefer them to be in the Obj252. Much easier to kill than a well driven VK45

You’re kidding right? VK45.02A has to be one of, if not, the easiest tier 8 heavy to kill. It’s a 2nd rate wannabe Tiger II.  I think the stats show that the VK (and Caernarvon) are the worst performing tier 8 heavies. If a Obj. 252 player knows to not present his lower glacis as a target, then it’s a tough nut to crack. Similarly with Tiger II, EXP, Emil 1, if a player knows their strengths they can be just as hard to fight as the Obj. Frankly it’s irrelevant that two of the four I’ve mentioned are premium. It’s down to the player. Main difference is two of them will earn you more credits.

If you either a) choose not to, or b) can’t afford to get premium tanks, don’t whinge about those who do; be thankful there are those who do/can or you free-loaders wouldn’t have a game to play, and let’s face it, the most OP tank currently in the game was available to anyone who could be bothered to grind it.

Selthae #7 Posted 12 April 2021 - 02:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27472 battles
  • [CROKL]
Might have mixed up the vk45 with another vk. But honestly, the 252 is not hard to kill.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

laws are just structured threats made by the ruling socioeconomic class

LordNibs9 #8 Posted 13 April 2021 - 04:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11316 battles
  • [AFK]

Operations haven't been in the game nearly as long as premium tanks and collector tanks were made when WG redid the tech trees and redefined what it meant to be a premium tank. These tanks are a monetisation model and initially offered players a superior way to make money, along with a potentially unique playing experience that wasn't necessarily miles ahead of the rest of the pack. Obviously, times have changed and that definition/application works less well. 

However, given that WG makes premium tanks for money they don't nerf them and this means that WG either takes plenty of care to keep them relatively balanced, or they buff other tanks accordingly. For example in the latter, how IS-6 got power crept quite severely until its buff I can't remember when, or in other cases the 252U's dreadful gun handling. Not to mention, Blitz is very skill based. As Selthae pointed out, I'd rather fight a bad player in a 252U than a good player in a VK45.02A. 

Proud Member of AFK :honoring:

"He will kill by the millions those thieves who have dared dress as kings" - Srimad-Bhagavatam 12.2.19-20

#5 in the EU Hall of Fame for Annihilator :medal:

net4force #9 Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 61035 battles
  • [ADULT]

View PostHakanYksl16, on 07 April 2021 - 11:32 PM, said:

What exactly is the purpose of WarGaming, can a responsible explain it? ....

The answer to your question is: Maybe WG can explain, but WG left this forum long time ago. Go to WG-Discord server and repeat your question there. Not sure though that WG feels obliged to respond to your question ... can't say that your question is particularly inviting ...

romsitsa #10 Posted 18 April 2021 - 04:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [VG]

Improving MM? WG improves it since day one and it onl got worse (predictable and boring). The next step would be completely mirrored teams, where skill and knowledge of the game would decide. Then people would ask for skill based mirrored MM, etc.

Premiums and collectors are there to milk impulse buyers.

A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users