Announcements, Useful Links

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Endtastic #1 Posted 18 July 2021 - 11:35 AM

First Sergeant

• 44338 battles
  • [LOCA]

Hi! :honoring:

As some of you may have noticed already, in the past few days I have again become the official moderator of this forum. For those of you who do not recognize me, I used to be a moderator a few years ago, along with some other guys who have unfortunately either left the team or simply no longer have enough time. Since then, I have always been contributing and helping here and there, oftentimes used as a connection between the forumers, and WG. The decision has been made after reading and forwarding all the feedback some users have been expressing regarding the moderation. We decided to act upon this and agreed that it would be much better to remove the incognito mode, and bring a little bit of transparency. Among other things I and Ribble talked about when we were discussing this, was the current state of this forum.

Many of you think that this place has been forgotten by WG, or that they no longer care. This is however not completely a true. On one hand, I completely understand your concerns and if I were a new player, and discovered this place, no wonder I would have thought the same. But on the other hand, when we compare currently the most used platform Discord, and this forum, from the perspective of a developer, we can come to some interesting conclusions. Discord offers much easier and simpler way to collect feedback, read all the suggestion and complaints than this forum, furthermore it is much easier to pick the subject, or the issue you want to take a look at. At the same time however, this place offers much more pleasant way to hold longer discussions. With this in mind, this is one of the main reasons WG has mainly stopped paying as much attention as before to the forum, simply because it has become quite hard to collect any feedback, or suggestions as they get buried under the spam of MM complaining, and similar nonsense in the main gameplay section.

That is why I would like to ask all of you for a little bit of patience, and willingness to help change this matter. What exactly do I mean by that?

First of all, let's please use the other sections as well. They are here for a reason and only by doing so we can actually distribute the attention players pay to them. It would be much easier than scrolling through all kinds of different topics in the gameplay section before actually finding one that catches your eye. Also, this would be a huge advantage for the developers, and trust me, they are listening, to be actually able to find what they are looking for in the right sections or parts of this forum, rather than having to read countless numbers of topics, just to find the perfect suggestion buried in some random topic on some random page.

Secondly, I would like to use this place to forward all the little news that WG releases on Discord here as well. They might not come as fast as there due to me having other duties and a personal life as well, but I still think it would be much better than reading a solution on Discord and then coming here only to read that some guys are beginning to have some issues, that in the meantime have been already solved.

Lastly, I will be very glad to hear all your questions, opinions, feedback, suggestions but also complaints as well regarding how you see the matter, what should be changed, what are the things you would like to see and so on and so forth.

One thing Ribble assured me when we spoke together is that this place has much to offer, but simply due to a few things, it is extremely hard for WG to actually use its full potential so please, let's give it a try. Looking forward to your replies!

I have summarized a bunch of links worth checking out: 

Player Assistance Links:

1) The official Game Rules can be found here.

2) Player Support can be accessed via this link.

3) The Forum Rules can be read here

Forum Threads Regarding The Game, and/or its aspects:

1) The official matchmaking discussion thread, which can be found here

2) Complete Balance Change History Per Tank, which can be found here

3) Blitz Economics, for comparing the prices and deciding the worth of the bundles, at this link

4) BlitzAnalysiz.com, a site about in-depth analysis of World of Tanks Blitz game statistics.

For tracking your in-game performance, or competing with others, you can use these websites: 

1) Blitzstars.com, with its own discussion thread here

2) BlitzTankStats.com with all the challenges, and its discussion thread here

Great Blogs, That Include Game Guides And Much More:

1) Tank Philosophy by IrmaBecx, here

2) One Writing Tanker by Martin___g, that can be found here

O_o__O_o__O_o #2 Posted 18 July 2021 - 11:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 66967 battles
  • [SPRTA]

Hello :)

I have 2 questions. If they care about the forum why it got removed from the game ? And can we have Suggestions out of the Junkyard ? :)

Endtastic #3 Posted 18 July 2021 - 11:52 AM

First Sergeant

• 44338 battles
  • [LOCA]

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 18 July 2021 - 12:47 PM, said:

Hello :)

I have 2 questions. If they care about the forum why it got removed from the game ? And can we have Suggestions out of the Junkyard ? :)

1) Long story short, it is much better to present Discord as the main platform, which is actually "working", rather than place that needs a lot of polishing.

2) I can definitely take a look at that.

Ellistiger #4 Posted 18 July 2021 - 12:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 55425 battles
  • [AFK]

Nice idea , I really hope it works :great:

i used to post on the forum a fair bit back in the day but these days I lurk ( I check it every day so I suppose I’m a serial lurker ) 

hopefully this will lead to more users and a greater range of subjects .

A welcome and unexpected development . Good luck . 

AFK   And proud of it ! 

O_o__O_o__O_o #5 Posted 18 July 2021 - 06:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 66967 battles
  • [SPRTA]

View PostEndtastic, on 18 July 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

1) Long story short, it is much better to present Discord as the main platform, which is actually "working", rather than place that needs a lot of polishing.

i would say facebook and twitter are much worse than our forgotten forum and yet they are in game

simple icon at the bottom of all social stuff is fine and keep discord on top

after all this is part of the official WG site even if its not working properly its not a 3rd party platform

anyway lets hope by update 9.0 it will be added because forum will be better than now :)

Col_Foster #6 Posted 18 July 2021 - 08:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 83303 battles
  • [WASP-]
Thank you for putting it down in print and good luck.

CLAN LEADER

Just_merpug #7 Posted 18 July 2021 - 08:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67225 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostEndtastic, on 18 July 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

2) I can definitely take a look at that.

For sure, this place needs a lot of polishing. I'm using mobile to read it, and the UI sucks massively. However, I can appreciate the investment in time and money to shift the whole thing to a new platform wouldn't be worthwhile.

Discord is dead easy to maintain, but the serial and transitory nature of the system makes it impossible to have any level of meaningful discussion. Nor is it possible to build a resource. I do use it from time to time, but it's so trivial, with the repetitive "When update" and "when <mode>" posts I just give up. #secretchat is slightly less irritating, but still mostly waffle.

I made a flippant suggestion about a Crying subforum elsewhere. Maybe, to filter the noise, a more serious "Game Problems" subforum could be created, where all the MM/RNG/lag stuff could go to leave Gameplay about, well, gameplay.

Thanks for uncloaking. Stealth moderation was awful. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..

Jukkis74 #8 Posted 18 July 2021 - 09:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40997 battles
  • [AFK]
Good luck. Transparency in moderating is an excellent thing.

Mjr_Eazy #9 Posted 19 July 2021 - 08:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43132 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Good Luck, it would be nice to see the other areas used more so I’ll try and remember to use them…

It would be good if WG kept the forum in game but that ship has sailed :(

At least the moderation by stealth is over, which is good news.

547146227.png

Col_Foster #10 Posted 19 July 2021 - 09:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 83303 battles
  • [WASP-]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 19 July 2021 - 08:50 AM, said:

Good Luck, it would be nice to see the other areas used more so I’ll try and remember to use them…

It would be good if WG kept the forum in game but that ship has sailed :(

At least the moderation by stealth is over, which is good news.

Agreed.

CLAN LEADER

Endtastic #11 Posted 19 July 2021 - 02:11 PM

First Sergeant

• 44338 battles
  • [LOCA]

View PostJust_merpug, on 18 July 2021 - 09:40 PM, said:

For sure, this place needs a lot of polishing. I'm using mobile to read it, and the UI sucks massively. However, I can appreciate the investment in time and money to shift the whole thing to a new platform wouldn't be worthwhile.

Discord is dead easy to maintain, but the serial and transitory nature of the system makes it impossible to have any level of meaningful discussion. Nor is it possible to build a resource. I do use it from time to time, but it's so trivial, with the repetitive "When update" and "when <mode>" posts I just give up. #secretchat is slightly less irritating, but still mostly waffle.

I made a flippant suggestion about a Crying subforum elsewhere. Maybe, to filter the noise, a more serious "Game Problems" subforum could be created, where all the MM/RNG/lag stuff could go to leave Gameplay about, well, gameplay.

Thanks for uncloaking. Stealth moderation was awful. 

I still do have the list of suggestions I tried to make a few months ago, if you remember that. So I will try to work on that but I need to move a few things here and there, so please don't hesitate to comment when you like or dislike something. 

Endtastic #12 Posted 19 July 2021 - 02:14 PM

First Sergeant

• 44338 battles
  • [LOCA]
One thing I forgot to mention, my idea was to create a separate thread for rating games, where I would merge all the existing ones, but the same cannot be done with the fun modes. Any suggestions? Creating a new one each time they make another fun mode and then pinning them all seems quite counterproductive to me. 

O_o__O_o__O_o #13 Posted 19 July 2021 - 02:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 66967 battles
  • [SPRTA]

just keep 1 for all fun modes 

most are same anyway and goal is same - yolo and die :)

since they are coming few weeks apart wont be hard to comment on current one :)

Edited by O_o__O_o__O_o, 19 July 2021 - 02:16 PM.

Endtastic #14 Posted 19 July 2021 - 02:19 PM

First Sergeant

• 44338 battles
  • [LOCA]

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 19 July 2021 - 03:16 PM, said:

just keep 1 for all fun modes 

most are same anyway and goal is same - yolo and die :)

since they are coming few weeks apart wont be hard to comment on current one :)

The point is to make it easy to collect the feedback. Spamming one thing over another won't help that. 

O_o__O_o__O_o #15 Posted 19 July 2021 - 02:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 66967 battles
  • [SPRTA]

hmm yes not good for that

i was thinking more like a place for the babies to cry not for actual feedback :)

Sajo_2019 #16 Posted 19 July 2021 - 06:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16372 battles
  • [LILIE]

View PostEndtastic, on 19 July 2021 - 04:19 PM, said:

The point is to make it easy to collect the feedback. Spamming one thing over another won't help that. 

Maybe make two. One with chat, with comments and other for feedback where it could not be like in first one. I probably don't know how to explain it very well. We have like that topics on forums in ex-YU.

Playing for free, having the dream, to not suck so much in this game, the World of Tanks Blitz
Lilicum the Active Clan [LILIE] *Active clan for active players, 15 days of inactivity limit*

Mjr_Eazy #17 Posted 19 July 2021 - 07:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43132 battles
  • [BT_SV]

For the feedback thing, maybe you could create a separate forum under the Game Discussion forum so same level as Gameplay…

The moderators create topics they want feedback on as pinned poll only topics and then people can vote and that can be used as feedback to WG, people could still discuss the topic as normal threads in the forum but the feedback would not get lost in the noise?

547146227.png

jylpah #18 Posted 20 July 2021 - 08:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32853 battles

End, What do you think about having an Official Blitz subreddit to replace the our ancient (but boomer-friendly) forums? Reddit would be a modern tool with a mobile client. There is r/WorldOfTanksBlitz, but that is player-run.

Reddits are still mostly shorted posts.

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

Mjr_Eazy #19 Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43132 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postjylpah, on 20 July 2021 - 08:26 AM, said:

End, What do you think about having an Official Blitz subreddit to replace the our ancient (but boomer-friendly) forums? Reddit would be a modern tool with a mobile client. There is r/WorldOfTanksBlitz, but that is player-run.

Hey Jylpah leave us boomers alone ;)

It might get more interest from younger players and has same advantages as forum in that it has sticky threaded chat…

Can’t see WG going through the effort tho…

547146227.png

Endtastic #20 Posted 20 July 2021 - 01:14 PM

First Sergeant

• 44338 battles
  • [LOCA]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 19 July 2021 - 08:50 PM, said:

For the feedback thing, maybe you could create a separate forum under the Game Discussion forum so same level as Gameplay…

The moderators create topics they want feedback on as pinned poll only topics and then people can vote and that can be used as feedback to WG, people could still discuss the topic as normal threads in the forum but the feedback would not get lost in the noise?

Unfortunately I cannot create subforums, such as one main section. But great suggestion, thanks. 

View Postjylpah, on 20 July 2021 - 09:26 AM, said:

I am not fully aware to what extent is that place already working. Last time I checked there were some moderators and even Tony active, but I think we should keep it separate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users