Secret Project

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 25 October 2021 - 01:41 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 3364 battles
  • [WG]

For science! And the opportunity to drive experimental tanks, of course. And also the rewards. There are so many that even 55 levels of secrecy won't be able to scare you away. So, tester, choose your research method—victories or mastery badges—and charge!

Full news text

llo1 #2 Posted 30 October 2021 - 08:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33717 battles
  • [1RTR]

Whilst I have taken up nearly every WG offer of the monthly Battle Pass, and still think it is generally good value for the whole of the available offers, I have this month been revising my thoughts on this as the latest one has a secondary (is that correct) competition as well as the after pass reward chests!

For the first ones that I took part in, I found that my normal mode of playing - times and number of games - ensured that I completed ALL aspects of the session within the allocated time frame. Sometimes quicker sometimes just prior to the last day.

The last few though, I have found it increasingly difficult to firstly fill the gold vault - one of the main reasons that I initially competed in the battle pass!

Secondly, the last two months I simply haven’t even completed all the 80levels…..in fact this month I only completed 62 levels….not the gold vault either, and then of course nowhere near the additional chests!…….so hence my post…….

Does my experience agree with the majority of the members of the forums experience?

I know there will be some people, the usual players who spend significantly more time in the game than I do, as well as those who’s skill carries them through. But those average players who also have to go to work, have a RL etc…….what is your experience with the Battle Pass?

Mark__W #3 Posted 30 October 2021 - 09:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6300 battles

Everything WG tries to sell to players, be it in-game currencies, tanks, camos, etc., requires some combination of cash and playing time.  The probable reason why the battlepass competitions are thought of being relatively good value is that they require a significant commitment to also playing the game.  Which WG values.  Why?  Well, this provides you with extra teammates and opposition, which reduces the chance of people getting frustrated with the game due to extended battle wait times.   

The downside though is that your average player is then externally motivated to play Blitz to recoup the cash they've spent.  Rather than just playing for the fun of it, or some other internal goal.  There's a whole body of academic psychology papers on the subject of motivation.  And from what I've read, whilst being motivated externally to do something is very effective in the short term, over time to effect wanes.  It might be that this has started to happen to you.  Littlefingers similarly recently also remarked about his dropping enthusiasm for the BP events.

The first BP enabled me to stop having problems amassing credits.  That, and the following one gave me two interesting tanks (the BLTZ9000 and the Dreadnought).  This last one gave me a light tank that I doubt I'll use...so in hindsight I think it wasn't, to me, worth the money/effort.

O_o__O_o__O_o #4 Posted 30 October 2021 - 10:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67261 battles
  • [SPRTA]

event is decent no OP tank this year so im happy :)

i bought the super activator to show some support and hopefully no more anni mistakes in the future 

you still get more gold than what you usually get from store if you sell both tanks and use the gold boosters :)

Endtastic #5 Posted 30 October 2021 - 11:13 AM

First Sergeant

• 44338 battles
  • [LOCA]

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 30 October 2021 - 11:25 AM, said:

event is decent no OP tank this year so im happy :)

i bought the super activator to show some support and hopefully no more anni mistakes in the future 

you still get more gold than what you usually get from store if you sell both tanks and use the gold boosters :)

Anni mistake? If we look at it from another perspective it has been a massive success in terms of popularity. Vast majority of people who moan about it play it on a regular basis :D

O_o__O_o__O_o #6 Posted 30 October 2021 - 11:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67261 battles
  • [SPRTA]

yes success for WG but not much for tier 7 players :)

WG could have done same and get massive profits but instead they choose to make something more balanced and lose some profits 

which is great for everyone :)

overall this year was great for the players with many events and good rewards 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users