Pay-To-Win Gold Silver EXP FreeEXP Premium

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

b0zel #1 Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23928 battles
  • [REDMI]

Many newcomers asks developers and themselves: "What advantages will give me donate? Is it possible to play without it with same results?" Here is article about how WG represents donating in WoTB - http://wotblitz.eu/en/news/pc-browser/guides/guide-gold-premium-features/, but in this topic we'll discuss about how it influence gameplay in deed.

I'll try to answer this questions and other players will supplement me (at least I hope so). So, here we go.

First of all I should explain difference between Free-To-Play (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play), Pay-To-Play (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_to_play) and Pay-To-Win (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Criticism). After reading this articles you should know what it is and at the end of this post you should decide how it looks like in WoTB.

"What advantages will give me donate?":

1. Premium account

You can get 50% more EXP and silver per match. And if with EXP 50% are absolutely number, then with silver it gives even more income (you are getting clear 50% income increase because repair, ammo and consumables are already withhold from regular 100% of profit per match, I mean you don't have to pay that withhold from additional 50% again). This way you can increase your real silver income more than in 50% :coin: Also, 50% more EXP means that you'll have to play approximately 50% less games to get top vehicle (spent 50% less time on stock tank).

2. Premium tanks

After few "starter" battles you can buy premium tanks. What it gives you? You are getting top upgraded tank with a 100% Mastery level crew, so you don't have to spent time and nerves to get it from stock to top. Also, Premium tanks have higher credit income and lower repair cost. So, even on high tier battles you can grind silver (or, depending on your play, lose less silver) :coin:  Also, some parts from some premium tanks are same as in regular tanks, and, theoretically (I didn't check, hope some premium tank's users will help us), after you buy that premium tank, that part would be available for regular tank without researching it "again". Also, most premium tanks have preferential matchmaking rules.

3. Premium ammo

Premium ammo have better penetration abilities that allows you to penetrate those enemies which you can't damage with regular ammo. That means, if you use premium ammo as regular, you have ability to do more damage per battle and, in accordance, get more EXP and silver :coin:

4. Crew EXP

With a new tank crew starts with 50% mastery, but gold allows you gain 100% mastery immediately. What does it influence? Crew mastery increasing vehicle characteristics (your can watch it in "Training crew" settings). Usually, difference between tank's characteristics with 50% and 100% mastered crew similar to difference between stock and top tanks configuration. Also, crew skills training starts only after crew get 100% mastery on certain tank. So, getting 100% mastered crew from the start gives you instant and clear (without any penalties like weight or dispersion increase) tank characteristics grows and earlier crew skills training start.

5. EXP to FreeEXP conversation

Only 5% of you EXP "converts" to FreeEXP. Donate allows you to convert any "binded" EXP (for example, from premium tanks) to FreeEXP, which can be used to start play on regular (non-premium) vehicle with top configuration or accelerate crew skills training.

6. Gold to silver conversation

If you have lack of silver (for new tank or equipment), you can just buy silver for gold.

7. Extra silver to EXP "conversation"

If you have an extra silver, you don't care about consumables use cost. This can give you (or not) little (after updates - big) advantage in battle and, in accordance, little more EXP (or not :trollface:).

After updates:

8. Instant Upgrade (module research without spending XP).

Now you can easily skip painful stock tank battles. Which will save your time/free_XP, nerves and will increase you win rate (if someone care about that).

9. Instant equipment research.

"Is it possible to play without donate with same results?":

Yes, it's possible. But it's way much harder (especially if other players donate): Most "heavy donate" players don't know what it is - to play stock unmastered tank without premium ammo, so, almost every battle regular player starts with weaker vehicle. But, anyway, gold can't buy you victory. It can significantly increase your chances, but don't replace player skills. Also, still too much depends on "Great Belorussian Random" :trollface:

I can make some advices for newcomers how to save some gold or nerves (if playing without donating) on the way to top tiers:

1. Don't hurry. Try to grind more silver and crew experience (if vehicle mastered) before going to next tier. You'll regain some "lost for waiting" EXP by receiving more victories (less defeats) in the start of new tier play.
  2. Start with slow tanks (usually heavy or tank destroyers). They are easier in control and more suitable for learning. I was starting with them and, if I would start again, I would do the same.
  3. Try to go parallel tank research trees. This way you'll get more x2 EXP for first win and will better know other tanks advantages and disadvantages. That will increase your real average EXP per battle and, in accordance, decrease battle number for getting top configuration, which would decrease your "stock battles" number and increase your chances for victory faster. Also, higher levels usually plays more experienced players, that's why high level battles more difficult for newcomers.
  4. In tech branches chose those vehicles, which allows you to open more vehicles with one tank (like Tiger (P), T-34, M4A3E8, Panther etc.). This way you'll don't have to grade every tank from zero just to open next one (you'll be able to skip some tanks in branches). So, it will save you some silver (not buying new tank and equipment) and crew skills EXP (it will not be spent on getting new tank crew mastery to 100% before EXP will go to skills training).
  5. On higher tiers (VI and above) it makes reason for waiting for discounts before buying next tier vehicle. Check "News" to sell previous tier vehicle before discounts.
  6. Buy garage slots with your gold when they come on discount. (thanks to Dans79Vet for advice)
  7. After buying new vehicle always grade crew mastery at least to 75%.
  8. Don't spent silver and Spare parts on high level equipment for those tanks you don't plan to play long.
  9. After 1-2 battles on new vehicle, counting weakest sides of it, use FreeEXP (if you have enough) for most important upgrades (without each comfortable playing is impossible).

Hope information above was useful for someone. Good luck on the battlefields!

P.S.

Thanks to sk8xtrm and ZeberkoApertureScience8 for criticism and corrections. I appreciate it:great:

Edited by b0zel, 16 May 2017 - 10:26 AM.

There are so many countries that can be attacked for defense from USA

sk8xtrm #2 Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 48431 battles
  • [VG]

Dude please read the below link, it is a guide released by WG about gold and premium accounts, and it explains it a lot clearer than you have, it may even provide you with some clearer information

http://wotblitz.eu/e...emium-features/

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to premium accounts and spending money on this game! Their are many inaccuracies in your description of this which proves as such. For starters its not called "pay-to-win" as you call or nor is it ever referred to as "Donating" as you also call it.

Your chances of winning are by no means significantly increased as you claim above, in fact many people will find that very insulting as you are basically stating players have only got where they did by spending money on the game! For the interest of your inaccurate information and for new comers you CANNOT "pay to win", you pay for a premium account and gold as it speeds up your progression in the game by increasing your revenue per match up and allowing you to convert xp from premium or elite tanks to use on another tank! This allows a quicker progression through the tech tree and yes you can as a result by upgrades quicker for your tank but this does not mean its an easy game for you as a result because guess what...the tank on the other side probably isnt standard and you may not be the highest tier either.  You can by gold ammo to however most do not due to the cost of it and if they do they do not shoot nothing but gold as you make out!

I personally do sometimes put premium on my game, usually once a month for a couple of days, I have never and will never use gold ammo but just because I have spent a bit of money on the game I do not significantly increase my chances to win. I still have to work towards each upgrade just like you however as where it may take you 75 battles to get a gun it may only take me 50 battles, Still have the same struggles you do as a result!

You will still always need to learn each tanks weaknesses and strengths to play well!

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....sk8xtrm

b0zel #3 Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23928 battles
  • [REDMI]

View Postsk8xtrm, on 19 February 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

Your chances of winning are by no means significantly increased as you claim above, in fact many people will find that very insulting as you are basically stating players have only got where they did by spending money on the game! For the interest of your inaccurate information and for new comers you CANNOT "pay to win", you pay for a premium account and gold as it speeds up your progression in the game by increasing your revenue per match up and allowing you to convert xp from premium or elite tanks to use on another tank!

As I already said above - "gold can't buy you victory", but "It can significantly increase your chances" (as I know, clan battles in original WoT usually lasts with only premium ammo, and non-donating player can allow that kind of battle only after long silver grind). And more you pay - more chances you are getting (except garage slots buying). If you are not agree - that's your right. I'm just state facts. If you think something of that is wrong - quote it to me please and we'll discuss it (I'd like to fix mistakes in my post as much as it possible). Most of your words are already were in heading post and some I just added (I hope, you didn't mind).

Edited by b0zel, 22 February 2015 - 07:47 PM.

Zeberko01 #4 Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8254 battles

Nice explanation of the gold system!

However, there is a slight error. Load Limit is not a problem in Blitz as it isn't implemented. Therefore each suspension can already hold all upgrades available on a tank, so this part is obsolete:

View Postb0zel, on 19 February 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

buy some equipment (counting equipment weight, engine power and suspension possibilities)

-_- I just realised how bad I am at surviving ^

BogyOne #5 Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10530 battles

I am positively surprised as I was expecting another "who let the noobs in the lounge" thread and instead is nice sum-up guide. In very, very short: it all burns down to good, old "time is money", the choice how you invest is yours.

From my perspective (sub 7k games, 6 unlocked IX's rest is half-maxed VIII) the credits are choke point. If I would have patience for it, I would play one premium game every one regular game.

One more experience to share - I was testing my patience and waited for discounts. Easy to calculate savings, e.g. VI/VII = 0.3 x 13 = 3.9 tanks, 3 x 0.2 x 13 on top equipment = 7.8 tanks, 13 x 0.2 on Crew training to 75% = 2.6 tanks.

Bottomline: more patience (time) less credits needed to win (time and money).

Edited by BogyOne, 11 March 2015 - 07:32 AM.

b0zel #6 Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23928 battles
  • [REDMI]

View PostZeberkoApertureScience8, on 10 March 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

Nice explanation of the gold system!

However, there is a slight error. Load Limit is not a problem in Blitz as it isn't implemented. Therefore each suspension can already hold all upgrades available on a tank, so this part is obsolete:

Thanks for reply! With your help I have understood that my explanation of "load limit" needs some additional explanation. As we know, most additional equipment have own weight. For example - 1K kg. Spall Liner + 400kg Rammer + 200kg Ventilation = 1600kg of additional weight, which assumes to total tank weight. Higher weight - lower speed. I have already updated article and hope now it looks better :) Thanks one more time!

Warlock_hero_defender #7 Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17184 battles
  • [VG]
Great guide , Thx for youre effort making it :-)

Part of Clan Vanguard and noobing in WoWs as Vanguard expands

gadaffy78 #8 Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4541 battles

Im not sure if this is is right topic.

I noticed that silver earning is so dificult in last time.I keep playin T34-85, Comet and Black Prince on free account. After victorious battle result shows about 20 000 silver, but my total silver hardly grows with 2000. Unchecked auto resuply at ammo, and consumables, same result. Is there anything I do wrong?

BogyOne #9 Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10530 battles

Go to battle details and find credits tabs.

b0zel #10 Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:18 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23928 battles
  • [REDMI]

View Postgadaffy78, on 20 March 2015 - 08:47 AM, said:

Im not sure if this is is right topic.

I noticed that silver earning is so dificult in last time.I keep playin T34-85, Comet and Black Prince on free account. After victorious battle result shows about 20 000 silver, but my total silver hardly grows with 2000. Unchecked auto resuply at ammo, and consumables, same result. Is there anything I do wrong?

Yes, it's wrong topic. But here we can help you too. As I noticed, repair cost more if you have damaged modules. For example, if you have 1000HP tank and just lost all those 1000HP, repair will cost 5000silver, but if you lost only 900HP and got many damaged modules, repair can cost about 10000silver. And don't forget your ammo cost (on higher tiers it can cost up to 8000 silver for one shot :coin:). Also consumables on higher tiers costs more. As already said BogyOne, check you credits tab in battle report.

Edited by b0zel, 20 March 2015 - 09:21 AM.

sk8xtrm #11 Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 48431 battles
  • [VG]

Dude much prefer this version of your guide, your previous edit was very biased however this is very informative and helpful :great:

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....sk8xtrm

b0zel #12 Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23928 battles
  • [REDMI]

View Postsk8xtrm, on 20 March 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

Dude much prefer this version of your guide, your previous edit was very biased however this is very informative and helpful :great:

Thanks! I'm still working on it and you had helped me too.

Edited by b0zel, 20 March 2015 - 12:27 PM.

gadaffy78 #13 Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4541 battles

View Postb0zel, on 20 March 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

Yes, it's wrong topic. But here we can help you too. As I noticed, repair cost more if you have damaged modules. For example, if you have 1000HP tank and just lost all those 1000HP, repair will cost 5000silver, but if you lost only 900HP and got many damaged modules, repair can cost about 10000silver. And don't forget your ammo cost (on higher tiers it can cost up to 8000 silver for one shot :coin:). Also consumables on higher tiers costs more. As already said BogyOne, check you credits tab in battle report.

Thank you a lot!

I think I understand now. I was knocked out in a battle, and the repair cost for my T34-85 is 7663 silver + ammo, what I havent calculate yet. Thanks again, Im gonna be much careful from now on!

napxas #14 Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20772 battles
I don't agree with the term 'Pay to Win' because even with premium that is not the case. You get an advantage, yes. After tier 7 it is very difficult to break even when matched against tiers 9 and ten. Standard ammo offers poor pen in many situations and nothing but red armour in my sights, even the weak points in many cases are red, and HE offers minimum HP (50 damage) whilst lighting up your position. Fine for flank positions but APCR has become a necessity to offer more effective support to my team. For this you need credits and for that you need premium. The use of consumables is also an advantage to your team. However that said no one has to go premium and it is simply a choice. Using premium in lower tiers may get you to the next biggest tank faster, but will afford you far less experience and bigger tanks on your opponents team. It's the reason there are so many noobs in higher tiers. That all said really experienced players win through teamwork and strategy not gold rounds or gold tanks. Those players get far more reward from the game. In the games where I use premium ammo I always ensure the shot will not be effective with standard ammo before loading premium because becoming reliant on premium ammo will leave credits in the red and simply hamper any personal progress. All said and done everyone has the free choice and there is nothing wrong with going premium. But don't imagine for a minute it makes anyone a stronger more talented or experienced player. Gold does not make you a better player or get you more wins. It doesn't get you better matchmaking or any tactical advantage, it simply assists you funding your tanks in higher tiers. More recently I am running tier 5 and 6 to fund my credits, but I frequently run a premium account because I am stuck at tier 8 and would like to buy my first tier 9. These have been unlocked for a while but the credit management now is far more difficult. The solution is improving ones own gameplay. Relying on premium in lower tiers will make the higher tier going more difficult and much less rewarding. P.s. Just my own opinion. Happy Gaming Newcomers. :)

Test

b0zel #15 Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23928 battles
  • [REDMI]

Agree with you in most cases, but have few questions:

View Postnapxas, on 03 April 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

Using premium in lower tiers may get you to the next biggest tank faster, but will afford you far less experience and bigger tanks on your opponents team.

Bigger tanks on your opponents team? Isn't it the same without premium? Or I just misunderstood you?

Block Quote

It's the reason there are so many noobs in higher tiers.

Yes, that's the reason. But that is not the only reason. Many (if not most) players choosing "one line grind" way and getting VII-VIII tier tank with < 1000 battles experience. On higher tiers it looks like without any experience at all :( Also, there are a lot of noobs on VII-VIII tier premium tanks with 200-500 battles :deer:

Block Quote

Gold does not make you a better player or get you more wins.

If it's not, then what it for (except extra garage slots)? I'm not saying that gold is everything in WoTB, but, greater or slightly, it increases your chances for victory and, as a result, greater or slightly increases win rate.

P.S.

Thank you for comment! I'm appreciate it.

Precariat #16 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15273 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postb0zel, on 03 April 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Yes, that's the reason. But that is not the only reason. Many (if not most) players choosing "one line grind" way and getting VII-VIII tier tank with < 1000 battles experience. On higher tiers it looks like without any experience at all :( Also, there are a lot of noobs on VII-VIII tier premium tanks with 200-500 battles :deer:

Hi very new player here. Less than 1 week and <100 battles. I hope you don't mind me using this thread to ask a few noob questions related to what has been said.

I got 30 days premium. Should I buy extra slots for tanks or sell the lower tier tanks (but keeping at least one from each tier)

Would you say grinding an entire nation's tree is a better approach? That is all the tier II, then tier III etc.

Currently I've adopted grinding all the tanks at each tier on the Russian (Soviet?) tree as well as grinding the other nation trees more slowly (i.e. until I get a win on the x3 exp bonus).

Any advice on crew skills? Should I mainly focus on one type first (e.g. Light Tanks)?

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

The_Mighty_Wombat #17 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38428 battles
  • [-GNA-]

This thread is back from 2015.

I did the grind of a whole nation first.

Yes its better to play all the tier2s, then once they are upgraded then all the tier3s.

No only will you experience of different types of tanks be expanded but you will see they all play different too.

Some modules are also shared between tanks so you can play your favorite to help upgrade another.

starting off it's easier to do all the crew skills One lvl at a time as you play.

These all make minor improvements and some are better then others depending on your play style.

once you hit lvl4 skills the grind is a lot slower as you need a lot of XP 

IrmaBecx #18 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27140 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPrecariat, on 12 March 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Hi very new player here. Less than 1 week and <100 battles. I hope you don't mind me using this thread to ask a few noob questions related to what has been said.

I got 30 days premium. Should I buy extra slots for tanks or sell the lower tier tanks (but keeping at least one from each tier)

Would you say grinding an entire nation's tree is a better approach? That is all the tier II, then tier III etc.

Currently I've adopted grinding all the tanks at each tier on the Russian (Soviet?) tree as well as grinding the other nation trees more slowly (i.e. until I get a win on the x3 exp bonus).

Any advice on crew skills? Should I mainly focus on one type first (e.g. Light Tanks)?

Regarding the slots, it depends on your level of commitment to the game, and it may be too early to tell. I tended to sell off lower tier tanks when I started out, once you have a garage full of tanks you really like to play, you'll start feeling the need for more slots. DOn't worry about that.

Grinding the whole nation tree from the bottom like you describe is fine. People are going to tell you not to advance up the tiers too fast, but they all did the same thing themselves. I think the better question is which vehicle class you like to drive; Light tanks, Medium tanks, Heavy tanks or TDs? You may want to try sticking to one or a couple for a while, since they will often have a similar playstyle, and you can spend some time learning that.

Crew skills will kind of happen on their own, and they don't make a huge amount of difference for a new player. I wouldn't worry about them. What I did was focus on the skills that had something to do with dispersion, accuracy, or mobility.

Also don't forget to watch videos on youtube, ask questions, and generally be curious about the game. There are always things to pick up.

Best of luck!

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Chairman_merpug #19 Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 50137 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPrecariat, on 12 March 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

I'd recommend focusing on a tank, any tank, and learning how to win games in it, or at the very least get yourself to the top of the scoreboard. Swapping between different tanks can confuse, as they all have different strengths and weaknesses. Don't worry about the various complexities, just learn to hit things when you shoot, and not drive into the landscape

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Precariat #20 Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15273 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 12 March 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

Regarding the slots, it depends on your level of commitment to the game, and it may be too early to tell. I tended to sell off lower tier tanks when I started out, once you have a garage full of tanks you really like to play, you'll start feeling the need for more slots. DOn't worry about that.

Grinding the whole nation tree from the bottom like you describe is fine. People are going to tell you not to advance up the tiers too fast, but they all did the same thing themselves. I think the better question is which vehicle class you like to drive; Light tanks, Medium tanks, Heavy tanks or TDs? You may want to try sticking to one or a couple for a while, since they will often have a similar playstyle, and you can spend some time learning that.

Crew skills will kind of happen on their own, and they don't make a huge amount of difference for a new player. I wouldn't worry about them. What I did was focus on the skills that had something to do with dispersion, accuracy, or mobility.

Also don't forget to watch videos on youtube, ask questions, and generally be curious about the game. There are always things to pick up.

Best of luck!

Thank you for the advice.

So far I have only played Lights, Mediums and a TD (which I loved due to how much damage it puts out) but until I unlock the KV in the Russian tree I won't have a chance to try a heavy. Difficult to pick out a favorite class atm. I'm not great at circling so maybe not light or mediums unless I get gud ;)

I only play around 30 battles a day so I guess I am a (dirty) casual?

In theory I could get away with just 6 slots (1 for each nation) until then, oh and there is a limit on how many tanks you can sell in a day it seems. Been using the gold to convert XP for the higher tiers (VIII-X).

Thanks for the tip about dispersion etc. I'll look out for anything that improves that.

Been checking youtube etc. The game doesn't explain a lot of the mechanics, just figured out how to convert xp to bonus xp, I expect that becomes very important later on.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Also tagged with Pay-To-Win, Gold, Silver, EXP, FreeEXP, Premium

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users