• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Precariat #21 Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15273 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 12 March 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

I'd recommend focusing on a tank, any tank, and learning how to win games in it, or at the very least get yourself to the top of the scoreboard. Swapping between different tanks can confuse, as they all have different strengths and weaknesses. Don't worry about the various complexities, just learn to hit things when you shoot, and not drive into the landscape

Yeah I'm tracking my stats each day, and I am getting better at surviving, hitting things and doing more damage. The tricky thing atm is finding good shooting positions and developing better situational awareness.

There are some very experienced players in the low tier matches so I find it worthwhile to watch the battle after I get killed. Not that I always die every time

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

The_Mighty_Wombat #22 Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38428 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Save your gold for better things. 

Tier8 is where Free XP can be needed the most to help unlock the top guns. Save your free XP as much as possible.

Most other tiers the grind for better modules is done relatively quickly.

Buy slots with your gold when they come on discount. Best way.

Not sure is you have seen "gold" ammo is bought with credits also if you press the toggle when paying.

Youtube is great for seeing firing positions.

Subscribed to informative youtube players such as Bushkaanon , MartinDoggerSk8xtrm, etc.

Chairman_merpug #23 Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 50137 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPrecariat, on 12 March 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

Yeah I'm tracking my stats each day, and I am getting better at surviving, hitting things and doing more damage. The tricky thing atm is finding good shooting positions and developing better situational awareness.

There are some very experienced players in the low tier matches so I find it worthwhile to watch the battle after I get killed. Not that I always die every time

Sounds about right. But just git gud, one tank at a time. Some people can do it without trying. I find it a slog.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Precariat #24 Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:41 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15273 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostDans79Vet, on 12 March 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Save your gold for better things. 

Tier8 is where Free XP can be needed the most to help unlock the top guns. Save your free XP as much as possible.

Most other tiers the grind for better modules is done relatively quickly.

Buy slots with your gold when they come on discount. Best way.

Not sure is you have seen "gold" ammo is bought with credits also if you press the toggle when paying.

Youtube is great for seeing firing positions.

Subscribed to informative youtube players such as Bushkaanon , MartinDoggerSk8xtrm, etc.

Good advice thank you. I haven't used any free xp, just converted it from the lower tier tanks. I had Buska & MartinDogger on my list I'll look at the other two. I did read about the toggle for gold ammo somewhere on the general forum, shame this isn't better explained in game with a tool tip or something.

Are the discounts on garages very often?

View Postmrpgilbert, on 12 March 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

Sounds about right. But just git gud, one tank at a time. Some people can do it without trying. I find it a slog.

I am getting the 50% mastery award on my tanks, but at the low tiers that seems quite random. I have battles where more than half the other team do no damage at all and I go top of the score board.

I can always drop down to a lower tier if/when I get out of my depth, I might not get gud enough for the higher tiers of course so yes maybe not spend gold even on converting xp until I unlock tier VIII

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

The_Mighty_Wombat #25 Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38428 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Guaranteed slot show a constant discount eg 5x for 1000g , 10x 1800g.

but they do pop up cheaper but It's hard to predict next time it will happen. 

Ripped from news 

30% off 5 and 10 Garage Slots

• 5 Garage Slots 1000   800
  • 10 Garage Slots 1800   1260

The slots are better then using gold for free XP, so save gold and get 10.

Tiers 1-2 are good for learning basic controls and running around. 

Tiers 3-5 are best learning tiers for techniques and players are starting to work together.

Tiers 6-8 can have good players farming credits and can be hard for newer players.

Tier 9-10 are the most balanced with tanks and relatively hard to do well in.

soviet tanks are usually the most armoured but have inaccurate guns. They can be easier to play are the armour is more likely to keep you alive when you make mistakes.

German tanks are also good in low tiers and are great fun.

Play these first up to tier 4/5 and see how you go. Wotbstars is a good guide on stats in general, aim for greens or better as you progress. Don't get hung up on stats, just use it as an idea if your playing well.

You first 3000battles will be learning.

Ideas and techniques shown in YouTube tank reviews translate to other tiers. Watch for ideas, play styles and map awareness.

Precariat #26 Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:31 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15273 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Thank you for the infoDans79Vet.

I am leaning towards the TD line(s), I suck more on mediums & lights. I think it is because the TD make me more careful with my positioning and encourage me to watch the mini map more. Also aiming is more important. I do badly when I rush forward at the start in general.

Biggest annoyance atm is those players that camp in the starting area.

Chairman_merpug #27 Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 50137 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPrecariat, on 13 March 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

Thank you for the infoDans79Vet.

I am leaning towards the TD line(s), I suck more on mediums & lights. I think it is because the TD make me more careful with my positioning and encourage me to watch the mini map more. Also aiming is more important. I do badly when I rush forward at the start in general.

Biggest annoyance atm is those players that camp in the starting area.

I did this, for the same reasons. It was a mistake from which I'm still recovering, got all the way to the JagdTiger before catching myself on. Meds and lights are much more fun, once you overcome the yolo tendency. Which I still haven't, always, if only because I get frustrated by the Edited of muppets bumping onto each other at spawn.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing 

Edited by VMX, 13 March 2017 - 02:58 PM.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Precariat #28 Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15273 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postmrpgilbert, on 13 March 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

I did this, for the same reasons. It was a mistake from which I'm still recovering, got all the way to the JagdTiger before catching myself on. Meds and lights are much more fun, once you overcome the yolo tendency. Which I still haven't, always, if only because I get frustrated by the Edited of muppets bumping onto each other at spawn.

Or having not one but 2 of them sitting in line behind you on a corner. I do try to give my teammates space at least.

Maybe I should just try and get all my tanks into the green on win8 first. I started watching Littlefinger on WOT Blitz although the maps are now out of date I have found the tips on what to equip useful.

Edited by VMX, 13 March 2017 - 02:59 PM.

Frankenfurter_1 #29 Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 702 battles
  • [-J7-]
Edited
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 08 April 2017 - 10:13 AM.

Deadly_Tank_Girl #30 Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 496 battles
  • [-J7-]
Thanks for a huge waste of my time ugh!

Frankenfurter_1 #31 Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 702 battles
  • [-J7-]

View PostFrankenfurter_1, on 07 April 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Edited
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive 

Keep this up, and I better see other people's posts on an OPs post that aren't relevant to the OPs topic also removed!

Also tagged with Pay-To-Win, Gold, Silver, EXP, FreeEXP, Premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users