Groovy Tunes for the Weekend (or whenever)

• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

TangoAlpha1 #461 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50858 battles
  • [TENC]

Did anyone watch the Biggest Weekend shows on iPlayer?

Loved First Aid Kit, Breeders, Courtney Barnett, Orbital, Beck, and Underworld who premiered this track featuring the one and only Iggy Pop!

There will be no revolution and that’s why it won’t be televised!

Mjr_Eazy #462 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13937 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Top tune! I was gonna watch some this weekend as saw them earlier this week...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Mjr_Eazy #463 Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13937 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Seeing as the Blitz football event has started and World Cup is days away...

Best England song video..

For those who havent seen it, it’s a spoof of the Verve one...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

TangoAlpha1 #464 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50858 battles
  • [TENC]

Love the Fat Les effort but let’s face it, there’s only one song that matters in when football and music crossover...

DukeA1 #465 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:03 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3350 battles
  • [FASTI]

Because this forum reminds me of Jessie

Edited by DukeA1, 13 June 2018 - 07:50 AM.

all's well that ends well; but you have to make it even possible ! ! ._.

Mjr_Eazy #466 Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13937 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostTangoAlpha1, on 12 June 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

Love the Fat Les effort but let’s face it, there’s only one song that matters in when football and music crossover...

Lol, John Barnes rapping and it doesn’t have Eddie Tudorpole in the video, so whilst this is a top tune, Fat Les’s video wins with a stoppage in round 4 a la Tyson Fury...

I’m saving the best England song for later in the compo :)

Mjr_Eazy #467 Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13937 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostDukeA1, on 13 June 2018 - 03:03 AM, said:

Because this forum reminds me of Jessie ( WOTB forum IS JESSIE)

Sorry I don’t follow you, are you calling me a dog?  Or suggesting the forum have the intelligence of dogs?

Whatevs’s fella...

Personally I’m not a fan of heavy metal, also I hate how they imitate the swagger and stance of the Ramones and they do the latter in this vid, but...

it takes different strokes!  

so welcome, and post what ever groovy tunes you enjoy...

DukeA1 #468 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3350 battles
  • [FASTI]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 13 June 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

Sorry I don’t follow you, are you calling me a dog? 

CLEANED FOR YOUR SAKE ( yeah i clean other peoples sake too)

yesterdays news: wiped the bad vibes - gone - every day is a NEW day - not just for me - for all. Thats how life works! ( unless you're a young person. who doesn't work that out yet) ( new day - new beginning! )

i saw the funny side of the lyrics myself,

it could be worse it could be who let the dogs out or i dont want no scrub, i think alot of people went unmarried because of those songs, still unmarried

Edited by DukeA1, Yesterday, 06:58 AM.

Mjr_Eazy #469 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13937 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostDukeA1, on 13 June 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

it sucks that you ruined this thread now, even here, arguments, i hope admin comes a wipes this, cos it doesn't belong here, it's their job, to 'make sense' at all! where others 'can't'

you dont always have to take things to heart think posts are talking about you personally, i have no idea where you got that, also you spoilt the point of the thread now, and im spoiling it too, so we're gonna push ppl away from this game, it's sad. ( im not sure there was any point to arguing your case, you clearly are taking things personally - without any reason to) anybody else that reads this will think we're stupid people and never come to this game.

i only posted it cos it came into my dream last night, i saw the funny side of the lyrics myself, but i guess you could find them depressing if you take them 'sewiously'! it took 1 minute to post, and i had a wonderful nights sleep again and the morning is VERY fresh and lovely here , check the date: ( DukeA1, on 13 June 2018 - 03:03 AM, said:)

Lol chill out dude, I quite liked that one, post what you like... 

You’re right, I was being a d ick, I apologise, although still don’t have a scooby what you’re on about most of the time...

I should follow my own advice...

DukeA1 #470 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:57 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3350 battles
  • [FASTI]

sup dudes... i was thinking back to other types of music, whilst playing holst the planets on classic fm, for combat games from the past... when my brain remembered...given enough time.... this tune

cH00S3 Y0UR deSt1Ny

A weekend at the MMA perhaps. ( if you can stomach NEW PEOPLE are bigger and stronger than they used to be. it always SUCKS. well done doctor frankenstein lol) Or in iceland with your Jujitsu buddies from 'math class' https://www.bluelagoon.com/ for the ultimate 10th Dan training on ICE ( not the drug - actual ICE) ( thanks to Batman Begins for selling a few REAL LIFE tips on jujitsu instead of fake training - sports centre Karate club haha, lols, although i have never carried a blue flower, i think thats some special division of jujitsu)

:coin:

monday 'value deal' edit spoiler 'mouse over to reveal' : nobody achieves 10th dan in a real martial art, black belt takes at least ten years, then ten years each dan if you're in the top 1% ( did i spell dan rights? Dan?)

monday value 2 edit: your breakfast is getting COLD har har

Edited by DukeA1, Yesterday, 07:02 AM.

Knickerson #471 Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24403 battles
  • [ICN]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 11 June 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Seeing as the Blitz football event has started and World Cup is days away...

Best England song video..

For those who havent seen it, it’s a spoof of the Verve one...

Lol. I never understood The Verve vid. 
A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse! ...
I have set my life upon a cast,
and I will stand the hazard of a die.

William Shakespeare
Richard III – Act 5, scene 4

Mjr_Eazy #472 Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13937 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Seeing as they're not there, here's one for all the Scot's :trollface::bush:

TangoAlpha1 #473 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50858 battles
  • [TENC]

Duke, will pass on the “trance” just sticking a repetitive beat behind something is not what dance music is about for me it must re nuanced and beautiful than that regardless of the sub-genre but thanks for Jessie, still have it on seven inch! They never did much as a band and struck me as a bit meh, as a lot of American alt rock did post grunge. There were exceptions though and of that era, Sugar stood out from the rest.

TangoAlpha1 #474 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50858 battles
  • [TENC]

And in other alternative music news, we can rejoice as Belly are releasing their first album in 23 years, one of the best bands I’ve ever seen live and the new material is sounding just as good as this.

Mjr_Eazy #475 Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13937 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostTangoAlpha1, on 15 June 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

And in other alternative music news, we can rejoice as Belly are releasing their first album in 23 years, one of the best bands I’ve ever seen live and the new material is sounding just as good as this.

Tunes!

I have to admit I’d forgotten all about them, but will undoubtedly buy the new album, hopefully, it’s more like the 1st one as I really liked that ;)

For me, I don’t think anyone will ever beat the sheer lunacy of King Kurt live, The Wheel of Misfortune is the best support act, ever!

Even better than seeing Bono get ploaters supporting SLF back in the day :)

Re-living the good old days, sounds just like my boot legged copy of many a gig! Ah them were the days...

DukeA1 #476 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3350 battles
  • [FASTI]

happy techno, happy love making lyrics, music for an intimate weekend, the type none of will ever be having, ( still - they got no Tier 10 garage ! harharh whose had a good weekend now! ) :coin:

heart breakers :(

Edited by DukeA1, 16 June 2018 - 10:38 AM.

TangoAlpha1 #477 Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 50858 battles
  • [TENC]

Duke, love the bassline on that, the vocal not so much but if you’re looking for car related bass antics, I can recommend the lads at Fuel  Records, they had a 70’s Dodge Challenger that had a 10k sound system which raised out of the boot on a hydraulic platform, immense stuff!

Tipper and Si Begg were predominant artists on the label, and this track I have a particular fondness for. I was in a dingy underground venue one night, bit of a swanky bar back in the day but it was going through tough times so the gaffers let us use for band nights and I got to play through the record collection. The lad who did the PA went and bought himself some new bassbins so I dropped this and cranked the volume and bass levels to 11, a minor earthquake was probably recorded that as the vibration from the bins made all the glass vibrate off the tables on to the floor and shook the glass from the light fittings on the wall! 

Anticipating a shoeing, I looked up to see jaws were dropped and everyone cheering, needless to say the gaffer asked very kindly if I could refrain from such experiments in his venue!

Anyways, Tipper for your enjoyment folk!

DukeA1 #478 Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3350 battles
  • [FASTI]

View PostTangoAlpha1, on 16 June 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

Duke, love the bassline on that, the vocal not so much but if you’re looking for car related bass antics, I can recommend the lads at Fuel  Records, they had a 70’s Dodge Challenger that had a 10k sound system which raised out of the boot on a hydraulic platform, immense stuff!

Tipper and Si Begg were predominant artists on the label, and this track I have a particular fondness for. I was in a dingy underground venue one night, bit of a swanky bar back in the day but it was going through tough times so the gaffers let us use for band nights and I got to play through the record collection. The lad who did the PA went and bought himself some new bassbins so I dropped this and cranked the volume and bass levels to 11, a minor earthquake was probably recorded that as the vibration from the bins made all the glass vibrate off the tables on to the floor and shook the glass from the light fittings on the wall! 

Anticipating a shoeing, I looked up to see jaws were dropped and everyone cheering, needless to say the gaffer asked very kindly if I could refrain from such experiments in his venue!

Anyways, Tipper for your enjoyment folk!

thanks for this, and the tech bit, u clearly know what cheers me up, u know that mortal kombat track took 4 hours listening through the 400 different mk tunes, ( monday edit: atleast 50 of em 1 real hour, i have no idea why i lie like this, sorry about that,)nobody cares, they think we just cut and paste things to get attention, im gonna take a break doing nothing but think im smarter than everybody else i guess, thanks for the track, it's a pity the kids keep spamming youtube with FL studio, do they not realise they simply clicked a mouse button, like photoshop kids, they clicked a button, they dont 'know what they're doing' it's 1 mouse button. again thanks for knowing anything. it's derp u know, so much internet is 1 click people waiting for praise, hollow. I still got all Vandamme parts cos reminds me of claude van dammn lols. is it me or do people that know things get zapped by aliens, while the 1 clickers remain taking over the earth. haha. ( i going back into hiding ) IF YOU HAVE OLD MONSTER CABLES KEEP THEM IN A SAFE PLACE this new cabling is for kids

Edited by DukeA1, Yesterday, 01:57 PM.

DukeA1 #479 Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3350 battles
  • [FASTI]

a tune for the day after yesterday nights -unpayable- frollics... ( we can't pay for this we were all off our t*ts)  feels like... unsunnyday sunday's ( the gloomy ones - monday sundays? musndays?)

edit spoiler 'mouse over' to reveal: it's the new car add music for the fifty shades of grey lookalike guy, better 50 shades type than fifty shades of hobo i guess

mmonday edit bonus: blue monday reminds me of i dont like mondays, my friends most hated song ever, i dont know why, https://www.youtube....l&v=-Kobdb37Cwc

( and no this song is'nt a *** thing, no, if you trained on a mountain in the himilayers, you'd know by now theres no such thing as smex. An illusion invented by Adam to waste time with snake. Nothing is real. Nothing.)

Edited by DukeA1, Yesterday, 01:52 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #480 Posted Yesterday, 01:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13937 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Sticking with New Order and the World Cup...

Haway England!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users