XVM for Blitz

XVM Stats

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like XVM for Blitz? (248 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

XVM for Blitz

1. Yes (200 votes [80.65%])

Percentage of vote: 80.65%

2. No (48 votes [19.35%])

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

Vote Hide poll

FluxCapacitard #21 Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13773 battles

View PostSpinee, on 15 April 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

Yes, I do. If XVM was implemented, I'd understand if everyone hunted me. But not many people would use it, so it should be fine.

If it was ever implemented (which it most certainly will not be), it would be part of the app, so everyone would use it.

Hero600 #22 Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43510 battles
  • [VG]

View PostFluxCapacitard, on 15 April 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

If it was ever implemented (which it most certainly will not be), it would be part of the app, so everyone would use it.

ohhhh just wait until that happens,  and watch the rage screenshots of red team lists vs green team lists :p

HughDomfok #23 Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27959 battles
  • [VG]
GUYS... how about an XVM thing that shows only your team's players' skill level? This can solve the friendly noob problem and no one would target specific opponents.

FluxCapacitard #24 Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13773 battles
It's all a moot point, no xvm ever, the stats you see on the app are the same detail you see on pc for years, xvm is an overlay to the game, which you can't do on an app without developers (WG) say so.

TrolLoLX #25 Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 595 battles
  • [VIN]

I'd certainly like to see this. It would help me to plan my game better ( enemy E100 is tomato, he will prolly snipe on hill etc. )

On the other hand, this would lead to more people focusing me ( I guess), at least if this was implemented as a part of WOT ( Which I don't believe as it's not developed by WG ). 

Last thing, why are you, iOS users, thinking it'll be 'discriminating' for you? You can always jb your device. Yes, it may be illegal, but so is root for android and I can't imagine working on my phone without root. 

Mockney_piers #26 Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8568 battles

I did think *achoo* about having a tinker with using PC as a proxy and packet sniffing with fiddler, then having a script that parses the player names and uses the api to find out headliner data on all the players.

But the packets are almost certainly *coughs* *tos* *cough* encrypted so I doubt *ahem* it's possible.

Hero600 #27 Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43510 battles
  • [VG]

View PostTrolLoLX, on 16 April 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

I'd certainly like to see this. It would help me to plan my game better ( enemy E100 is tomato, he will prolly snipe on hill etc. )

On the other hand, this would lead to more people focusing me ( I guess), at least if this was implemented as a part of WOT ( Which I don't believe as it's not developed by WG ). 

Last thing, why are you, iOS users, thinking it'll be 'discriminating' for you? You can always jb your device. Yes, it may be illegal, but so is root for android and I can't imagine working on my phone without root. 

Actually only jailbreaking an ipad is illegal,  believe it or not, some of my friends who have iphones contacted apple support team, and they advised that my friends jailbreak thrir phones.

it depends on why u want to jailbreak of course

llVIU #28 Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6901 battles
  • [RIOT-]

View Postshadoe2k, on 15 April 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Ok focusing Spinee I can understand, but why would anybody focus you without XVM?????

According to WR, there are at least 250 players better than you, and according to Star1 rating, there are 3500 players better than you.

You DO realize that, right??

huh? what you said is pretty irrelevant.. I never said I'm the best or whatever, anything like that. They focus fire on me because I don't sit 10 hours afking in base or camping. I go full speed to use every single precious second to try and carry the game. That means I'm most likely the first tank to be spotted. And since I do a lot of damage (overall), that means I have more enemies rather than the campers who sit in the back and never get spotted, afkers who get killed last, or the nublets who don't really do damage. Most people tend to try and go for the tank that does hit them for a lot of damage and are dangerous, not the ones who aren't dangerous.

Why am I even explaining this to you, you're supposed to be a really good player. You should know this.

Even tho this logic is backwards, because people should focus on the tomatos first, but that's another story

shadoe2k #29 Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6506 battles

View PostllVIU, on 16 April 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

huh? what you said is pretty irrelevant.. I never said I'm the best or whatever, anything like that. They focus fire on me because I don't sit 10 hours afking in base or camping. I go full speed to use every single precious second to try and carry the game. That means I'm most likely the first tank to be spotted. And since I do a lot of damage (overall), that means I have more enemies rather than the campers who sit in the back and never get spotted, afkers who get killed last, or the nublets who don't really do damage. Most people tend to try and go for the tank that does hit them for a lot of damage and are dangerous, not the ones who aren't dangerous.

Why am I even explaining this to you, you're supposed to be a really good player. You should know this.

Even tho this logic is backwards, because people should focus on the tomatos first, but that's another story

Ok, nice explanation, when you are right, you are right. This happens to most of us who don't wait 30 seconds at the start of a game rotating their turret to see where they can camp better, or how they can go flank in their E75.

It's just that you tend to be a little, how should I put it... "non-modest" in your posts.

Regarding the focusing of tomatos, I think that's a debatable issue actually. Recently I lost a game vs an IS-6 platoon of very good players because me and my toonmate decided to mop up the tomatos and afk-ers first.

The IS-6s did the same with our own team, and at the end we remained 2v2 with the IS6s.

We were T32 + VK45A platoon, not fully elited either, so at the end, IS6s had an advantage against us, just because we took some damage from their team, while they were almost full HP, troll IS6 armor and all.

After the battle we both said that we would probably have won the game if we had supported our team against the IS6s.

Edited by shadoe2k, 16 April 2015 - 01:08 PM.

⚔ VANGUARD

llVIU #30 Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6901 battles
  • [RIOT-]

it's ok, you can say it, I am rude and I don't care. I know it, it's the way I want to be, I was the leader of the freedom of speech clan for 2 years, I believe everyone should be able to say whatever they want (however do not think that wg likes this).

I admit it's not 100% rule that you should kill tomatos first, every game is different, and there are a ton of factors that need to be considered, but I want to keep it simple. So let me give you my opinion on this matter:

the 2 weaknesses of a unicum are spg, and being rushed. No matter how good you are, you will do almost zero damage if you get rushed, even if the rushers are complete tomatos, and you have 5k wn8. The way unicums avoid this, is trying to forsee where the enemy will rush, and try to get allies to follow the unicum. However, you cannot rely most of the time on your team, and you never know where the enemy will just send 10 tanks to rush. But I'm going into off-topic details

The reason I say that it's better to focus on tomatos is, usually, even in other games, it's the low level ones that are usually high damage/low hitpoints. What I'm saying here for wot is just a very rough estimate of thousands of situations. It takes more skill to angle and hide your tank, rather than to shoot the enemy tank. Now, take into consideration... yes, the noob will bounce more, but the thing is, that he will *tend, on average*, to do more damage, compared to how much damage he can take. A unicum tends to be hard to kill because he constantly hides, angles his armor, and is somewhat still able to do damage. If you compare the values of how much potential damage there was towards the unicum/noob, and how much damage the unicum/noob would do, you'd understand... and I suck at explaining this right now. I hope you understand.

But a lot more importantly than this, a LOT more importantly... like I said, the main weakness of unciums is getting rushed, and spg. I try to kill tomatos first, because most players will want to rush me if I am alone vs 4 enemies. However, if I killed 2 tomatos, then 2 vs me are not so likely to rush me. This is extremely important, and a very frequent situation that occurs.

I hope you understood my point. It's a fact that goes on average, it's not a 100% rule. I guess most people do not understand this, since it's a bit more complicated.

off-topic: if you want to platoon, poke me on ts adress ts.wotlabs.net:9467

FishyFing #31 Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4405 battles
  • [B49_1]
So no XVM soon :/

minitelrose #32 Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76755 battles
  • [AFK]
This thread is interesting. Actual technical debate occurring. Wow.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

FishyFing #33 Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4405 battles
  • [B49_1]

View Postminitelrose, on 20 April 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

This thread is interesting. Actual technical debate occurring. Wow.

lol… never happens anymore.

still managed to create a forum war...

Schoullzen #34 Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19302 battles
Ask j1mbo to make xvm for blitz:) but what it matters if we see tomatoes in our team:) game is a game.

AASHKC #35 Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
I think xvm could add to the game if set up properly. There will always be abusers (just like now), but WG could handle them as they're caught.  The ios folk wouldn't have to jail break as long as WG allows/supports the mod. The biggest hurdle probably is how to get it to work on not just two basic platforms, but all of the various devices out there.

lachie07 #36 Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5101 battles

Has anyone made this yet?

Edited by lachie07, 13 October 2015 - 08:17 AM.

bk500 #37 Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 43344 battles
  • [AFK]
Xvm in PC version is actually hitler... It causes more bad play where there's plenty to go around already and you think it's bad when you see people giving up because of the match maker this will happen all the time if we get xvm so no just NO :) 

lachie07 #38 Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5101 battles
I don't want XVM for that, I want it for the View Range bit.

IamGrut #39 Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25857 battles
  • [PINK]

View PostSpinee, on 15 April 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

Yes, I do. If XVM was implemented, I'd understand if everyone hunted me. But not many people would use it, so it should be fine.

True. But I still don't want any mark on my forhead. Sorry! :hiding:

djolebih123 #40 Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2034 battles
this would be a great thing to implement, especially now that it's out on Win10.

Also tagged with XVM, Stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users